The Queen of the South thread

The facts are that when Holty left the bank to go full time at Palmerston his wages were poor .He got a couple of wage rises during the next few years .The offer for him to sign another contract last season for Queens was an absolute joke . What part that played in his decision to move on is anyones guess ,but his decision . I know of one youngster who was offered £10 a week to sign this season .Whether he signs is his decision but it would hardly make you feel wanted .
Even if they are facts, it still doesnt make any connection between Holts wages and the wages of the development squad, which is what Hawk insinuated.
Erm no I didn't, you unlike most of us will probably have inside info and on this occasion are adding 2 and 2 and getting 5!!!

Erm no I didn't, you unlike most of us will probably have inside info and on this occasion are adding 2 and 2 and getting 5!!!

I have absolutely no idea what players get paid.

So where were these rumours of first team squad members being paid "small wages" come from then?

I have absolutely no idea what players get paid.

So where were these rumours of first team squad members being paid "small wages" come from then?

Well if you say you have no idea of what players get paid you'll be like me and read it on here. Some posters do seem to have inside info though!

Well if you say you have no idea of what players get paid you'll be like me and read it on here. Some posters do seem to have inside info though!

I don't remember seeing anything other than about the youth players. If you've seen and were talking about something else, fair enough.

Why is Tappings name familiar? I don't remember anything about him

I'm assuming Tapping is a more defensive minded player? I'm basing that purely on his lack of goals. Hopefully a good addition.

Says he played a holding role today so possibly. Although we have jacobs who can do that too, he is more versatile though,so maybe tapping will be in that position. Edited by QosLoyal

I'm losing track now. How many players are out, and how many have come in?? We must have a bigger squad than last year already, shirley? I hope and trust that this isn't the familiar Chisholm-style scatter-gun approach to signings, and I certainly don't feel that it is - I'm really looking forward to next season (although it will take a wee while to familiarise myself with all the new faces).

Reilly,holt,durnan,carmichael,mcshane ,paton, mckenna, dzierzawski, slattery,clark - Out

In - higgins,hilson,brownlie,rutherford,marshall,thomson,jacobs,conroy,tapping,

Thats all i can think of, dean smith left too. Probably room for another player or possibly 2 i would think, considering we still had trialists being checked out in the friendly today. Worth remembering too in january when we lost kerr and baird we only really replaced kerr with millar,so you could say we were an attacker short from january onwards.

Edited by QosLoyal

I'm losing track now. How many players are out, and how many have come in?? We must have a bigger squad than last year already, shirley? I hope and trust that this isn't the familiar Chisholm-style scatter-gun approach to signings, and I certainly don't feel that it is - I'm really looking forward to next season (although it will take a wee while to familiarise myself with all the new faces).

IN

Robbie Thomson

Callum Tapping

Gavin Skelton (possible player)

Jordan Marshall

Shaun Rutherford

Dale Hilson

Kyle Jacobs

Steven Higgins

Darren Brownlie

Ryan Conroy

10 in in total.

OUT

Durnan

Reilly

McShane

Holt

Carmichael

Paton

Clark

McKenna (Is that official yet?)

Smith

Slattery

Forgot Dzerwaski (and can't be arsed spelling it correctly!)

11 out in total.

I've likely missed someone, but even if I have I don't think our squad is going to be much bigger than last season. It just feels like we've brought loads in as the signings have been in quite quick succession whereas the departures have been spread out slighlty.

Edited by 19QOS19

The quality we've lost is pretty staggering really when you see all those names grouped together.

I'm trying very hard not to be a doom merchant for the season ahead.......but failing miserably so far!

Yes, you have to get well down the out list to find a departure you're not too fussy about.

I'm trying to keep spirits up though by recalling that Holt apart, all of the players were inconsistent at times and even during the good season just ended, each went through fairly poor spells.

We're bound to be weaker though, unless Fowler really has done some masterful job of unearthing unheralded gems. Again though, there's something exciting, as well as scary, about entering the season with so many unfamiliar faces.

Yes, you have to get well down the out list to find a departure you're not too fussy about. I'm trying to keep spirits up though by recalling that Holt apart, all of the players were inconsistent at times and even during the good season just ended, each went through fairly poor spells. We're bound to be weaker though, unless Fowler really has done some masterful job of unearthing unheralded gems. Again though, there's something exciting, as well as scary, about entering the season with so many unfamiliar faces.

I'll try and hold on to that thought MT as I take my seat in the away sections at the likes of Ibrox & Easter Rd this season!