The Queen of the South thread

The Sun this morning says we have Paul Heffernan and ex Newcastle and Gateshead forward Lewis Guy on trial at the moment and quotes Fowler on them so it's presumably accurate.

Lewis Guy reminded me of Stewart Kean. Horrendous first touch, always offside, scores sod all goals (aside from at the start of his time with us).

EDIT: He was a player ahead of his time though - he told Tommy Craig to f**k off about 18 months before the rest of us.

Edited by Stu

Lewis Guy reminded me of Stewart Kean. Horrendous first touch, always offside, scores sod all goals (aside from at the start of his time with us).

Christ. We got rid of a Kean-esque player not long ago in John Baird, we don't need another :(

Think it's 3. Sure that's how many sevco played before their registration embargo was lifted couple of years ago.

Didn't think championship clubs could play trialists in any competitive game. Think that rule started last season with the SPFL.

Didn't think championship clubs could play trialists in any competitive game. Think that rule started last season with the SPFL.

Can play them in the first round of the 2 cups but not in the league.

You can't have 1 rule for 1 team and another for the other in the same competition.

Christ. We got rid of a Kean-esque player not long ago in John Baird, we don't need another :(

Watch out the falkirk fans will be all over you like a rash with statements like that.

Agree with the comments about black too. Hes a c**t and has went downhill last 2 years. Also comments on lewis guy doesnt sound too great but fowler has my trust, im sure he will be meticulous and take his time on filling the remaining positions.

Can play them in the first round of the 2 cups but not in the league.

You can't have 1 rule for 1 team and another for the other in the same competition.

League cup is certainly no trialists. Was thinking only diddy teams could play trialists in the petrofac. Could be wrong though. Rules keep changing.

League cup is certainly no trialists. Was thinking only diddy teams could play trialists in the petrofac. Could be wrong though. Rules keep changing.

The rule hasnt changed since it came in. All teams can play two trialists in the 1st round of the Petrofac but only if their last club was in Scotland. No trialists in the League Cup or subsequent rounds of the Petrofac and no trialists in Championship league matches. Edited by Skyline Drifter

The Sun this morning says we have Paul Heffernan and ex Newcastle and Gateshead forward Lewis Guy on trial at the moment and quotes Fowler on them so it's presumably accurate.

Lewis Guy no longer on trial been signed up elsewhere.

I'd have no complaints over Black coming to us.

His career has clearly taken something of a wrong turn and he's of questionable temperament. I'd still have thought he'd be very capable of doing a good job for a side like ours though.

I can't see it happening, mind.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I'd have no complaints over Black coming to us.

His career has clearly taken something of a wrong turn and he's of questionable temperament. I'd still have thought he'd be very capable of doing a good job for a side like ours though.

I can't see it happening, mind.

Glad I'm not the only one :lol: