The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Probably Queens last chance for any points this year but they do have a 3 point and goal advantage so they should be safe,don't shit your breeks quite yet !

I believe we have a couple of games remaining after this one so not quite our last chance for points.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I said in another thread, "must win" is overused. I wouldn't say this is a must win game. I'd be happy with a point and would feel we're almost over the line if we manage to take a point. If we lose it's not great but we'll still have time to recover given Stirling and Annan play each other. In all honesty I'm fully expecting all 3 sides to be on 37 points come Saturday night. Anything better than that for us will be a massive bonus. 

Every game is a must win at this time of the season .

We get a result at Stirling then we are safe.

If me I would go tor it take the game to Stirling .

It will be a physical game hope none of our players disappear when the going gets tough..

Surely Marv will start Gibson and get Connelly back in the team.. 

10 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Every game is a must win at this time of the season .

We get a result at Stirling then we are safe.

If me I would go tor it take the game to Stirling .

It will be a physical game hope none of our players disappear when the going gets tough..

Surely Marv will start Gibson and get Connelly back in the team.. 

I know it's your standard  "go to" point of view, but ... this is Scottish third tier fitba', so all games at this level are "physical" to a degree, aye?

But yeah, Gibson and Connelly just have to start, this is the game to really go for the three points and damage Stirling in the process as we still have another two games to go as backup if it doesn't go to plan on Saturday.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I said in another thread, "must win" is overused. I wouldn't say this is a must win game. I'd be happy with a point and would feel we're almost over the line if we manage to take a point. If we lose it's not great but we'll still have time to recover given Stirling and Annan play each other. In all honesty I'm fully expecting all 3 sides to be on 37 points come Saturday night. Anything better than that for us will be a massive bonus. 

I was more wondering what MB mind thought would be. What will he do. I think he will go not to lose rather than going to win it

I normally have a player I dislike each season (it's a bit of a habit) but I like to think it's always rational. Am I way off with Ferguson? I genuinely don't see what he brings to the side. At times he was actually standing getting in the way today. Have to feel for Cochrane and Todd (thought the latter was good again today) every week as they're doing the job of 3 men. He seems to have a shot every so often to make us aware he's on the park but I struggle to see what else he does. It's absolutely criminal he starts every week and incredible he stayed on the park today and Gibson and Reilly were hooked. Does anyone else see something I'm clearly missing? 

To balance it out, I really didn't like McClelland for a long time but I think the boy has matured over the season. He seemed to give away a needless foul every single week but he's cut that right out, he rarely loses a header and he doesn't shitebag out of challenges. He's constantly shouting as well. Would be happy to see him back next season. Him alongsid Brydon and maybe an experienced guy and we'd be ok at the back. As we were today when Kilsby was finally dropped. 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I normally have a player I dislike each season (it's a bit of a habit) but I like to think it's always rational. Am I way off with Ferguson? I genuinely don't see what he brings to the side. At times he was actually standing getting in the way today. Have to feel for Cochrane and Todd (thought the latter was good again today) every week as they're doing the job of 3 men. He seems to have a shot every so often to make us aware he's on the park but I struggle to see what else he does. It's absolutely criminal he starts every week and incredible he stayed on the park today and Gibson and Reilly were hooked. Does anyone else see something I'm clearly missing? 

To balance it out, I really didn't like McClelland for a long time but I think the boy has matured over the season. He seemed to give away a needless foul every single week but he's cut that right out, he rarely loses a header and he doesn't shitebag out of challenges. He's constantly shouting as well. Would be happy to see him back next season. Him alongsid Brydon and maybe an experienced guy and we'd be ok at the back. As we were today when Kilsby was finally dropped. 

It’s an interesting one, because I agree with you on Ferguson, and Todd being good again today. However, I was speaking to a scout for a potential playoff opponent at half time today and he liked the look of Ferguson, and thought Todd was the big issue in midfield. Intriguing how others can see it so differently. 

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It’s an interesting one, because I agree with you on Ferguson, and Todd being good again today. However, I was speaking to a scout for a potential playoff opponent at half time today and he liked the look of Ferguson, and thought Todd was the big issue in midfield. Intriguing how others can see it so differently. 

It was one of our scouts, wasn't it? 

I can only assume, to use a well-worn cliche, that Ferguson "does a lot of the unseen work for the team"... because I've failed to see it.

Speaking of things unseen, what's happened to Houston?  Has he picked up another injury?  I know Bartley regularly used him in the scapegoat role, but now he seems to have lost his place on the bench to Jay Burns.  I would have thought that at this stage of the season having one of our more experienced players around would be more beneficial than deciding that this is the right time to potentially blood a youngster.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I’ve never understood the appeal of Ferguson. From what I’ve seen of him, he doesn’t create chances, he can’t tackle and he doesn’t carry the ball up the pitch for us. He was a player I was excited about when he signed for us, but he’s been absolutely awful all season in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I can only assume, to use a well-worn cliche, that Ferguson "does a lot of the unseen work for the team"... because I've failed to see it.

Speaking of things unseen, what's happened to Houston?  Has he picked up another injury?  I know Bartley regularly used him in the scapegoat role, but now he seems to have lost his place on the bench to Jay Burns.  I would have thought that at this stage of the season having one of our more experienced players around would be more beneficial than deciding that this is the right time to potentially blood a youngster.

I've even spent time watching him off the ball and don't see him doing much there either tbh. He always looks lost to me. But as I've said before, in his defence, most of the side look lost when trying to carry out Bartley's tactics. It won't surprise me if the boy goes on loan to a side with a manager who isn't completely useless and do well for them next season. 

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've even spent time watching him off the ball and don't see him doing much there either tbh. He always looks lost to me. But as I've said before, in his defence, most of the side look lost when trying to carry out Bartley's tactics. It won't surprise me if the boy goes on loan to a side with a manager who isn't completely useless and do well for them next season. 

A bit like the Loch Ness Monster and the Ark of the Covenant, spoken about a lot but probably don't exist in reality.  Certainly not in evidence during today's shit show.

Aye, Ferguson was posted missing today. Why he was on the field and Connelly was warming the bench beats me. If there was a discipline issue, surely it was dealt with last week - to not play Lee today was plain criminal.

4 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Cove and Montrose both battling for that last play off spot and bizarrely enough maybe even us , are you guys optimistic of picking up points against these two ?  

Are you having a laugh?

44 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Cove and Montrose both battling for that last play off spot and bizarrely enough maybe even us , are you guys optimistic of picking up points against these two ?  

:lol: I'm a Falkirk supporter next week such is the faith I have in Bartley. 

51 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Cove need points next week and a week later Montrose too !

Do Falkirk need points ? No.

Somebody needs to beat them, we welcome the challenge.

We don’t need the points but will be going all out to end the season unbeaten.

Feel we're shooting ourselves in the foot here with keeping Bartley in post. We're at the time of the season where clubs are quietly talking to players and getting squads sorted for next season, who's going to sign for this clown?

It's common knowledge lots of punters won't be renewing season tickets or coming to watch while Bartley's in post which should be a real concern. There's talk of it costing circ £50k to get rid, surely that would be the best money spent for a while. I'm sure there would be an increase in support and a buzz about the place next weekend if he was gone.

The club is in a downward spiral and we need to address this asap.