The Queen of the South thread

Didn't believe headline in today's sun

GIVE ME JOB NOW OR I QUIT!

After listening to James Fowler the last couple of weeks don't believe he would say such a thing, maybe tongue in cheek.

That was my first impression. A tongue in cheek comment being portrayed another way by whoever edited the article and wrote the headline. Pretty poor journalism <_<

2 players returning from injury playing for reserves on Tuesday, I'd imagine one will be kerr

It will be great to have the so called senior players back, whoever they are to strenghten the squad. But based on how everyone is playing at the moment apart from a straight swap of Kerr for Fowler I wouldn't expect any of the others to come back into the team.

It will be great to have the so called senior players back, whoever they are to strenghten the squad. But based on how everyone is playing at the moment apart from a straight swap of Kerr for Fowler I wouldn't expect any of the others to come back into the team.

That's so true the team has done really well in the injured players absence.

That opens a question.

If everyone was suddenly, magically available, who would we field?

I'd assume that Mitchell would return at right back, but who knows? McIntyre left him out plenty when fit.

As for midfield, McKenna once seemed to be about our least dispensable player, so I'd see him returning, but Paton, Burns and Kerr were never guaranteed starters, yet neither were Carmichael or Fowler, you'd imagine.

It will be interesting if/when we ever have everyone back.

I bet I've missed someone dead obvious too.

That opens a question.

If everyone was suddenly, magically available, who would we field?

I'd assume that Mitchell would return at right back, but who knows? McIntyre left him out plenty when fit.

As for midfield, McKenna once seemed to be about our least dispensable player, so I'd see him returning, but Paton, Burns and Kerr were never guaranteed starters, yet neither were Carmichael or Fowler, you'd imagine.

It will be interesting if/when we ever have everyone back.

I bet I've missed someone dead obvious too.

That is a good question. If you'd asked it pre-season, Mitchell would have been my first pick back into the team. However, Dowie has done really well at right back. Obviously, he isnt anywhere near the level of Mitchell going forward but he's much, much better defensively.

Im not sure I'd bring any of the injured players straight in. Fowler and McShane are working well in the centre of midfield. Carmichael is in some excellent form and Russell, even when he isnt playing well, has that unpredictability and quality that means you cant really leave him out.

There are two key things, for me, in getting some of the injured players back. Firstly, options off the bench. Im convinced we'd have taken something from the game at Ibrox if we' had a stronger bench. Secondly, is competition. As has been said elsewhere, the team picks itself at the moment. That isnt good for the players

I've thought that since the coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

The way the paper portrays women on page three.

The lies and untruths it writes

What more do you want.

I think you could say that about a fair percentage of newspapers but that doesn't mean to say that every person that reads/buys the Sun is a moron!!!!

He left him out of four games last Sept/Oct when he was well out of form and like most of the rest of the first choice team he was rested against Cowdenbeath ahead of the playoffs.

Its not what I would describe as "plenty".

There are two key things, for me, in getting some of the injured players back. Firstly, options off the bench. Im convinced we'd have taken something from the game at Ibrox if we' had a stronger bench. Secondly, is competition. As has been said elsewhere, the team picks itself at the moment. That isnt good for the players

Agree with this entirely. We have been fortunate to avoid minor injuries and suspensions to others so far (McShane and Fowler at Ibrox excepted) but we are stretched at the moment and we have used the same three subs in pretty much every game since Baird came back. Genuine competition is limited.

He left him out of four games last Sept/Oct when he was well out of form and like most of the rest of the first choice team he was rested against Cowdenbeath ahead of the playoffs.

Its not what I would describe as "plenty".

Out of form?

I'd tend to see that spell this time last year as evidence of our then manager's determination to screw things up.

It worked, if you recall.

Out of form?I'd tend to see that spell this time last year as evidence of our then manager's determination to screw things up.It worked, if you recall.

Oh come on. Mitchell started last season a shadow of his usual self, probably off the back off his season ending groin surgery the previous season. He deserved to be dropped at the time and McGuffie played well when he came in. That one month apart McIntyre never left Mitchell out of the team.

And it still isnt "plenty" regardless of the reasons.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Oh come on. Mitchell started last season a shadow of his usual self, probably off the back off his season ending groin surgery the previous season. He deserved to be dropped at the time and McGuffie played well when he came in. That one month apart McIntyre never left Mitchell out of the team.

And it still isnt "plenty" regardless of the reasons.

As I remember, he had a poor game or two and paid a big price, as did Durnan for getting sent off.

McGuffie struggled and our fortunes improved when he found a novel way to take himself out of the reckoning.

Several players were allowed many more poor outings than Mitchell ever was.