The Queen of the South thread

Regardless what everybody thought of him, the regular Q&A section by Mark Robinson on the OS a few seasons ago was a great idea........Very informative and also helped to forge a link between fans and directors.........The new regime please take note!!!

Forge a link?? It was bridge-burning on a scale not seen since Genghis Khan decided to take a gap year.

Robertson's OS blog was a train wreck. I know he meant well, but each instalment was a metaphoric square go against anyone who dared to question him. No wonder the current BoD are a little more reticent when it comes to issuing edicts from the top.

I've been informed that Hearts have received just short of 3,000 tickets for the Queens game a week on Saturday & are expecting to sell them all ......

From that I deduce that the Terregles end has been issued a safety certificate for approx 2000 punters. Should be a great atmosphere in what will hopefully be a top of the table clash if results go our way this weekend :-) Edited by Mustafa_sheet

From that I deduce that the Terregles end has been issued a safety certificate for approx 2000 punters. Should be a great atmosphere in what will hopefully be a top of the table clash if results go our way this weekend :-)

That's about correct Mustafa . New Palmerston capacity is approx 8,600

Still to be confirmed by the club though :)

heard that john baird and Lewis kidd played for the under20s yesterday from a friend in Greenock who said kidd didn't look good but the under20s have a few decent players. the boy said two qos centre half's clashed heads and both had to go off. said it was a decent game

heard that john baird and Lewis kidd played for the under20s yesterday from a friend in Greenock who said kidd didn't look good but the under20s have a few decent players. the boy said two qos centre half's clashed heads and both had to go off. said it was a decent game

Team included Baird, Dzierzawski, Kidd & also had Kerr on the bench amongst others apparently.

The arena and plastic pitch are working well for us and credit where it's due.

The re-opening of Terregles Street however, owes more to the disappearance of the SPL and its ridiculous criteria, alongside the unlikely presence of the big 3, than it does to any extraordinary vision from anyone.

You can't deny having a Chairman who is in the building trade has been of benefit during all these upgrades though?

Our previous Chairman would have had to get a quote from a contractor to do the work on terrace, before deciding the money would be better spent on two extra players.

You can't deny having a Chairman who is in the building trade has been of benefit during all these upgrades though?

Our previous Chairman would have had to get a quote from a contractor to do the work on terrace, before deciding the money would be better spent on two extra players.

There's probably truth in that, but no great transformation was needed in order to make the Terregles Street end operable again. Obviously, it was an earlier regime, but it seems regrettable that the terracing was ever allowed to fall totally out of use at all.

Now that there are working turnstiles on the street again, is that terracing going to open every week, or will it still just be available to fans of the big 3?

Now that there are working turnstiles on the street again, is that terracing going to open every week, or will it still just be available to fans of the big 3?

I believe it's only going to be open when the big 3 come to town. No point in wasting money on extra stewarding, when it'll sit empty for the majority of other teams visiting.

I believe it's only going to be open when the big 3 come to town. No point in wasting money on extra stewarding, when it'll sit empty for the majority of other teams visiting.

No doubt, the logic is financial.

That's why our ground was allowed to become three sided and that's why new ones are often two or even one sided now.

However, would there really be significant additional costs in opening the terracing for every visitor? Someone on a relevant turnstile, stewards dispersed slightly differently?

I'm not saying there would be no cost, but I'd imagine it would be minimal. It might even be offset by a slight boost to gates if Palmerston becomes a more attractive away day for fans, as it grants them choice. I could imagine plenty of Falkirk fans for instance, opting to stand behind the goal if given the option.

No doubt, the logic is financial. That's why our ground was allowed to become three sided and that's why new ones are often two or even one sided now. However, would there really be significant additional costs in opening the terracing for every visitor? Someone on a relevant turnstile, stewards dispersed slightly differently? I'm not saying there would be no cost, but I'd imagine it would be minimal. It might even be offset by a slight boost to gates if Palmerston becomes a more attractive away day for fans, as it grants them choice. I could imagine plenty of Falkirk fans for instance, opting to stand behind the goal if given the option.

It might be worth it for Falkirk but I cant see it attracting enough extra away fans from anyone else in the division to make it worthwhile

Would we need to open the turnstyles on Terregles Street? Could fans not access the terrace via the east stand?

They sure can , can't see it being a problem for any away fans to have the choice of sitting in the stand or standing on the terrace .

Edited by the_vortex