The Queen of the South thread

Re: vandalism of the murals. I hear that "Two youths will be the subject of reports to the Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration in relation to the incident.". Can I suggest that, if they are guilty, they are forced to spend a large amount of their time tidying up Palmerston, washing seats, picking up rubbish, weeding etc. Perhaps doing some painting since they like playing with paint.

Re: vandalism of the murals. I hear that "Two youths will be the subject of reports to the Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration in relation to the incident.". Can I suggest that, if they are guilty, they are forced to spend a large amount of their time tidying up Palmerston, washing seats, picking up rubbish, weeding etc. Perhaps doing some painting since they like playing with paint.

Not like you to post such a ridiculous post Swarley. I'm pretty disappointed. What you have suggested as a punishment is quite simply an excellent idea. Hence, no chance our judicial system will come up with such a thing!! ;-)

If they do get 'done' for it, they will likely get a pathetic fine; not enough to cover the costs of the repairs likely, and community service at a push. Personally I'd have them do as Swarley suggested as well as paying the full cost of the repairs required and then personally apologise to the person who took the time to paint it all. I imagine that would be too right wing for this country though!

Not like you to post such a ridiculous post Swarley. I'm pretty disappointed. What you have suggested as a punishment is quite simply an excellent idea. Hence, no chance our judicial system will come up with such a thing!! ;-)

If they do get 'done' for it, they will likely get a pathetic fine; not enough to cover the costs of the repairs likely, and community service at a push. Personally I'd have them do as Swarley suggested as well as paying the full cost of the repairs required and then personally apologise to the person who took the time to paint it all. I imagine that would be too right wing for this country though!

Well I was going to say they should be put in stocks, placed in the centre circle and everyone gets one kick but ....

The Chairman said today regarding new manager "that maybe we need a manager that fits the team as oppose to the the other way around".

What is he implying by that?

he also said it is a team that's been together for three years and virtually picks itself.

Hmmm! Sounds like Fowler. Maybe if he keeps subbing himself off earlier and earlier, he'll end up in the dugout full time.

Won't have done his cause any harm with the performances at Ibrox, Falkirk and today. Next up Cowden...

Hmmm! Sounds like Fowler. Maybe if he keeps subbing himself off earlier and earlier, he'll end up in the dugout full time.

Fowler didn't play and McIntyre was in charge at Ibrox.

Won't have done his cause any harm with the performances at Ibrox, Falkirk and today. Next up Cowden...

BetVictor no longer giving odds on our next gaffer. They no something we (officially) don't? I'm expecting Fowler to be announced as our new man in charge on Monday (no inside info. or rumour, just my prediction).

Can't say I'd be disappointed with Fowler. Hopefully he gets a contract until the end of the season and an extension or not can be discussed when we see how we've done. He's worked closely with McIntyre and as stated, the team picks itself so I can't see radical changes if Fowler is given the gig; which can only be a good thing. No need to rock the boat and bring in a man who isn't content with the squad. That could scupper our chances of having a whack at reaching the play-offs if we bring in someone who needs time to implement their own system. I imagine that's what Hewitson was probably hinting at in the quote above.

He seems a decent fella Fowler and plays football the way it's supposed to be played; on the deck. For him to apply his philosophy into his management style can again only be a good thing.

Fowler seems to be a confident young man with lots of playing experience at the top level under good managers & definitely seems to have the backing of all the players that's for sure after yesterday's showing.

The players looked very much up for the game and give so much effort.

Fowler can do the player manager role with ease same as Alex Neil has done so well at Hamilton.

Surely it's time the board officially gave him the position at least until the end of the season.

Obviously Fowler was signed as a coach with little playing input but with our injury problems he has had to step in and so far has done a fairly good job. Once our key players in McKenna, Paton and Burnsy come back if he is appointed as manager would be very surprised if we saw him playing much. Thought Kev had a good game in the time he came on yesterday and would love to see him get that half yard of pace he seems to miss that is holding him back. Has great vision and when he gets on the ball I see something happening, that said the half yard of pace is the crucial thing and it's disappointing to see over pre season he hasn't gained this. Would be a shame to miss the boat on a player I think in a slower tempo league would be a great midfield playmaker.

Edited by Broony88

Obviously Fowler was signed as a coach with little playing input but with our injury problems he has had to step in and so far has done a fairly good job. Once our key players in McKenna, Paton and Burnsy come back if he is appointed as manager would be very surprised if we saw him playing much.

One key player you missed out is Kerr who will be back next weekend and will prob play in Fowler's role, Burnsy & Mckenna are a long way away yet.

Fowler is a good experienced player that can still give the squad a boost.

I did actually forget about Kerr completely, Paton surely can't be far away from returning the only problem that brings is how long will we get out the weakest hamstring in world football.

Paton could be ready next week too, the squad is getting stronger, any word on Mitchell?

Couldn"t believe the Sun Headline either. If true think he"ll be on his way. Not a good way to

get the support of the board. What was actually said and what is reported is not always the same.

Thought he had a good chance of getting the job. Good result Saturday.

Will the Hearts game be "all ticket"?

Couldn"t believe the Sun Headline either. If true think he"ll be on his way. Not a good way to

get the support of the board. What was actually said and what is reported is not always the same.

Thought he had a good chance of getting the job. Good result Saturday.

Will the Hearts game be "all ticket"?

It doesn't need to be said but the Sun is a disgraceful excuse of a newspaper and the sooner it is gone the better IMO.

Edited by Sloop John B