The Queen of the South thread

Tricky player , Doolan has always impressed me when watching passages of play on Sportscene. If he isn't getting a regular game then he would go down a storm here . Probably the most realistic transfer target suggested that we could go for and would improve the team. Well done that man for coming up with his name.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Just reading over the last few pages we're a club in crisis; two poor results in a row, one senior player released because he doesn't like training (running round the pitch twice followed by smacking the ball at the goalie for 20mins), another player wanting released (allegedly - there are some posters on here who's word I would trust but I'll believe this rumour when I see official confirmation) because he wants to play more often and Jim Thompson (sic) causing issues in the dressing room? Have I got everything? And all this is due to us not having an experienced assistant manager?

I'd better pack the champagne away. It sounds like we won't have any need for it come May or anytime soon.

. Probably the most realistic transfer target suggested that we could go for and would improve the team.

Realistic in what sense?

He's under contract until 2016, has played in 20 fixtures for the first team and is firmly a part of Alan Archibald's plans. Sure, he isn't starting every week but he hasn't shown anything in his substitute appearances to justify him starting.

Derek Asamoah is a more realistic target for QOTS.

Seems as if James Fowler has a bit of the Derek Adams cuntishness around him. Mark Kerr doesn't seem like the greeting face type and now Baird's wanting out too? Club in crisis behind the scenes?

Realistic in what sense?

He's under contract until 2016, has played in 20 fixtures for the first team and is firmly a part of Alan Archibald's plans. Sure, he isn't starting every week but he hasn't shown anything in his substitute appearances to justify him starting.

Derek Asamoah is a more realistic target for QOTS.

Fair enough , but players quite often are happier playing somewhere than hardly at all. Who's Derek Asamoah ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Seems as if James Fowler has a bit of the Derek Adams cuntishness around him. Mark Kerr doesn't seem like the greeting face type and now Baird's wanting out too? Club in crisis behind the scenes?

Kerr has had more clubs than Tiger Woods . Maybe, just maybe, something to do with himself eh ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

JRS LEFT PEG, on 03 Jan 2015 - 07:33, said:

Kerr has had more clubs than Tiger Woods . Maybe, just maybe something to do with himself eh ?

Think that's more to do with the fact that Mark Kerr is absolutely gash. Although in saying that 8 clubs in 17 year isn't really unusual these days. How was he for you lot before this incident? Was woefully inept for us, but was on a hiding to nothing when he joined, never seen a signing receive as much a negative reaction since Billy Dodds was appointed as our assistant under Chisholm.

Fair enough , but players quite often are happier playing somewhere than hardly at all. Who's Derek Asamoah ?

He's missed only two games all season - one when he stayed on the bench as we were down to 10 men and you wouldn't bring on a striker. The other was when his wife was giving birth. I'd say that's pretty regular football.

Think that's more to do with the fact that Mark Kerr is absolutely gash. Although in saying that 8 clubs in 17 year isn't really unusual these days. How was he for you lot before this incident? Was woefully inept for us, but was on a hiding to nothing when he joined, never seen a signing receive as much a negative reaction since Billy Dodds was appointed as our assistant under Chisholm.

Some Queens fans rated him highly and others were non plussed when he left . Got to be honest and say that technically he was very good for this level ( Championship). Knew how to pick a pass out , good brain etc. On the other side of things, he ain't going to get up and down the park so we could now get a more energetic - if less able - player in now. Edit to add that its always good watching Harkins clips on Sportscene. Love that kind of skill and he is a throwback to another era in this way. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Guest Back Post Misses

Nout wrong with Heffernan. Proven scorer at all clubs he has been at (except Hibs) at a far higher level. Dobbie never succeed at Hibs and look how that turned out. Fowler will know him well from his highly succesful time at Killie. We should bite Bairds hand off if hes wanting released. Was actually gutted at the thought of him being one of our highest earners and on a 2 year contract so if he wants out then get him out. Loads of strikers out there to be looked at. Especially loans. McHugh? Rubbish for the most part but came good at the end. Kris Doolan? Would be top notch and probably not that much more costly than Baird

Doolan is not leaving Partick. Falkirk tried to get him on loan but he is part of the plans there.

Have to say the recent carry on at Queens must be testing an inexperienced manager and the Board.

Time for all the squad to be told that all those under contract will only leave if a fee is offered and told to get on and do what their paid for.

Lets be real, nobody is going to pay money for Baird. He doesn't want to be there, so let him go instead of paying his wage for the next 18 months.

Wouldn't let him go until end of Jan or until we get a replacement in.

Once we have a replacement let him go however the concerning thing is the apparent dressing room problem if there is one.

Great result against rangers then 2 poor results a player released after a bust up and talk of another asked to leave we need to sort it before it gets any worse

Cant understand this dressing room problem. The players wanted fowler for manager.

Has JT came in and caused issues. If so he should be removed.

I notice its only JM signings that seem to causing problems.

If Baird wants away then let him go. He has been a failure anyway

Being nosey on your website and I noticed you have a QOTS indoor arena! What were the costs involved and does every penny made in profit go directly to the football club? Sadly my team aren't as forward thinking as the queens board ! This sort of facility would make a fortune in kirkcaldy as we pay a wee bit more just for an indoor hall never mind playing on astro.

Being nosey on your website and I noticed you have a QOTS indoor arena! What were the costs involved and does every penny made in profit go directly to the football club? Sadly my team aren't as forward thinking as the queens board ! This sort of facility would make a fortune in kirkcaldy as we pay a wee bit more just for an indoor hall never mind playing on astro.

It was on old supermarket which Queens got back from Tescos (the site was on a 99year lease not index linked ) .The Holywood Trust PAID for the conversion to an indoor arena .Think its £50 an hour to hire and there are 2 pitches .The other facilities are the cafe and several other buisnesses hire out spaces .

Edited by weeredbook