Things You Learned Today

I accidentally switched the wiper sensitivity thing in the car off today and the wipers just wouldn't go on. I had no idea it was possible to make the intermittent wiper more (or less) sensitive. I've only been driving that particular car for eight fucking years!

9 hours ago, microdave said:

I accidentally switched the wiper sensitivity thing in the car off today and the wipers just wouldn't go on. I had no idea it was possible to make the intermittent wiper more (or less) sensitive. I've only been driving that particular car for eight fucking years!

c***s on the Road thread for this pish 😉

Until a couple of days ago I thought that the people of Luxembourg spoke German or French, kind of like Belgians  speaking Dutch or French. Apparently they have their own language called Luxembourgish. I even knew a girl from there at Uni and still managed to not know that. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Until a couple of days ago I thought that the people of Luxembourg spoke German or French, kind of like Belgians  speaking Dutch or French. Apparently they have their own language called Luxembourgish. I even knew a girl from there at Uni and still managed to not know that. 

Because of large-scale emigration from Luxembourg to the United States (19th century) and to Romania (9th and 14th centuries), the use of Luxembourgish also spread in the American Midwest and in Transylvania, where variants can still be found today.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Mark Knopfler is right handed, but plays the guitar left handed.

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

You sure about that?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

He certainly does not play left handed. 

'Head of Academic Integrity' you said @scottsdad.................This does not bode well. I'd have thought being able to tell 'left' from 'right' is a fundamentally basic requirement to your 'academic integrity'.

I had a girlfriend who didn't instinctively know right from left. When I'd give her directions in the car she'd make the L with her fingers to remember which was which.

19 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

'Head of Academic Integrity' you said @scottsdad.................This does not bode well. I'd have thought being able to tell 'left' from 'right' is a fundamentally basic requirement to your 'academic integrity'.

At least he didn’t just Google it and pass it off as his own research.

Or maybe he did.

19 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I hope it wasn't a ChatGPT effort.

On 03/02/2024 at 10:38, coprolite said:

How do you get bombed out in Luxembourgish

In the 1860s Napoleon III quite liked the idea of nicking the place for France and hoped to do so while Prussia and Austria were at war. Unfortunately for him Austria were shite and the war only lasted 7 weeks.