Dundee Riots

ICTChris

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Last night saw rioting in Dundee.  Youths ran amok in Kirkton, setting fires, vandalising cars and buildings and throwing fireworks at riot police.  A Police Scotland helicopter circled the area during the trouble.  It appears no-one has been injured.

The leader of Dundee city council said: "This isn't just a wee bonfire. Blocking roads with bins ablaze, smashing up cars and damaging our schools are scenes that you'd expect in an action movie or war-torn nation.

"I'm shocked but more than that, I'm angry. This reckless behaviour endangers lives, with emergency vehicles unable to pass on Balgowan Avenue and it costs residents and every taxpayer money."

Video footage on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-63465597

There's historically been a bit of trouble around Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night in Edinburgh, a number of youths were jailed a couple of years ago for attacking police during rioting in Granton.  I think it passed fairly calmly last year, Dundee seem to have picked up the riot baton.

Were any Dundee based P&Bers involved in the rioting?

Have any P&Bers ever taken part in rioting?

One of the folk in the office apparently got sent an image and video of someone who had their tongue cut out for not handing over their car keys. Not very nice to see. Certainly filled the scumdee criteria of a local ned anyway whoever it was 

5 minutes ago, greendot said:

One of the folk in the office apparently got sent an image and video of someone who had their tongue cut out for not handing over their car keys. Not very nice to see. Certainly filled the scumdee criteria of a local ned anyway whoever it was 

Haha, fake news it was from 4 years ago in Glasgow. Minter.

The media, the Beeb in particular, seem to have been making loads out of this when no one has been seriously injured and nothing has been burnt down. Obviously it's not ideal but compared that that scheme in Wales that basically became lawless and the crazy scenes in Leicester this group of weans launching fireworks doesn't seem to even be in the same league.

28 minutes ago, greendot said:

f**k sake, there’s no way that would happen in Kirkton ffs.

That’s classic Ardler.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A local businesswoman said that this is all about the cost-of-living crisis and that this is what happens when people are bored and hungry.

Yeah, whenever I get hungry, I often head straight to Asda to buy a ton of fireworks instead of food with my last few pennies to throw at the police.

What a load of bollocks. 😂

You missed the best bit. She lives "within three miles of the area", which is probably in the fucking Ferry 😂

35 minutes ago, greendot said:

That’s a pure disgrace. 
Shared from Timbuktu. 

39 minutes ago, greendot said:

It would be much easier to get someone's car keys off them than to cut their tongue out. Not very business like.