PnB celeb spotting

Disco Duck

Got barged out of the way by Kenny Everett’s heavies near London Zoo many moons ago. I was a big fan of his, but wasn’t impressed by the way he was mincing down the street in his god awful pale blue safari suit and man bag. The guy was tiny and frail, but clearly enjoyed leading his entourage through the crowds like he owned the place. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

She lives in Nairn.

I know, I thought she'd stick to Nairn Sainsbury's rather than the big Tesco.

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Probably popped through for a pint in the Golden Pheasant.

I see her as more an Ionic Bar drinker

A bit high brow for me but, I once had a meal with former Under Secretary General of the UN, Jeffrey Feltman. It was in the Sheraton Hotel in Sanaa when he was doing some peace keeping trip with the US Embsay. He had 4 security guards with him the whole time, shades on, CIA types. He asked me what I thought about the situation in Yemen, not long after that the country turned to civil war. Something I said?

My wife won a spot on a rollercoaster eating spaghetti bolognese and drinking milkshakes with Ewan Cameron, Kat Harvey and Jai McDowall through Real Radio. It was the anniversary of my wife's little brother's passing and she wanted to mark the occassion with something different. I bumped into Jai McDowall after it and while waiting for my wife to get changed and he was a right down to earth guy, blethered for a while and got onto the subject of why she got involved etc. He wished both of us well before heading off. A few days later he sent me a message through facebook with some of the official photos that had been taken of the event and asking how we were. The next year he sent another message asking if we were doing anything special to mark the occassion and how we were doing. Not quite Sean Connery levels but it always stuck with me how genuine he was.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A pal told me Gerry Cinnamon was in Nandos in George IV Bridge today

The girl he was with had the same shite haircut as him apparently 

Is it cynical to think the only reason he would be eating in there is to be spotted?

I'm a boring nonentity and have never met anyone famous. However, Mrs F_P, in the line of duty, spent quite a bit of time in a rather upmarket Zurich hotel in years gone by and had cause to break bread with Tina Turner, Boris 'Jailbird' Becker and (would you believe it) Sepp Blatter.

On 30/12/2022 at 11:05, Netan Sansara said:

I met Kevin Bridges and his mates after a gig at the Hydro. His mate called me “the funniest man he’d ever met” and Mr Bridges was not particularly happy (was equally very pished). I’m not exactly what you’d call a comedian. 

Don’t think anyone has ever been in Kevin bridges uncles taxi without hearing who his nephew is ,seen him in a takeaway one night  picking up his dinner,he walked in and announced to the woman behind the counter loudly from the door  he was “just off the phone to my nephew Kevin bridges there  as he’s doing a gig the secc tonight” while looking around at everyone waiting for there food  to make sure they had heard (thankfully no one bit and asked him anything )After he left she said he mentions who his nephew is every time he’s in .