PnB celeb spotting

Disco Duck

13 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Met Vic Kasule, Craig Brown - both brilliant guys, Henry McLeish, Neil Kinnock and Alex Ferguson's wee brother Martin (good lad). 

And that's about it. 

Hope they weren't all at the same time or people would have been wondering, "Who are that lot with Vic Kasule?"

59 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I met Kevin Bridges and his mates after a gig at the Hydro. His mate called me “the funniest man he’d ever met” and Mr Bridges was not particularly happy (was equally very pished). I’m not exactly what you’d call a comedian. 

I've heard that a lot with any comedians, don't make jokes around them as they get very upset about not being the funniest person in the world.

Back when me and @Mrs Mullarkay got on, we went to the Connect festival at Inveraray castle. We happened upon Duke Special’s set early doors (in front of about 6 folk) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The slot obviously took its toll on Duke as we met him later in the afternoon and he could barely walk/speak. Had to pretty much carry him over to near the castle bit where wacky comedian Phil Kay and presumably the King of Inveraray or whatever, took him off our hands.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Back when me and @Mrs Mullarkay got on, we went to the Connect festival at Inveraray castle. We happened upon Duke Special’s set early doors (in front of about 6 folk) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The slot obviously took its toll on Duke as we met him later in the afternoon and he could barely walk/speak. Had to pretty much carry him over to near the castle bit where wacky comedian Phil Kay and presumably the King of Inveraray or whatever, took him off our hands.

Inveraray Castle is the seat of the Duke of Argyll although he may have trouble sitting due to a family inheritance of Duke of Argylls

Btw in a cross thread reference if it had been a Connect 4 festival you might have met Martin Boormann

On 30/12/2022 at 11:05, Netan Sansara said:

I met Kevin Bridges and his mates after a gig at the Hydro. His mate called me “the funniest man he’d ever met” and Mr Bridges was not particularly happy (was equally very pished). I’m not exactly what you’d call a comedian. 

I get the feeling from folks i know in and around Clydebank etc who’ve met him that hes actually quite a downbeat guy. 

My mum and dad were at some do in the Hilton in Glasgow one year and Billy Connolly was in the lift with them, dad uses a wheelchair etc and Billy cracked a couple of jokes and had them in stitches, I get the genuine impression that hes a very nice guy. My dad useda play the folk circuit and one of his mates from bands etc had been taken to hospital in the early 2000’s, Billy Connolly bumped into his mrs in the corridor when he was visiting someone else and she mentioned Ian was in, he asked after him and he was delighted to even hear that, but was completely floored when an hour or so later Billy walked in to wish him well after asking staff what ward he was in. Hadn’t seen Ian in decades, still remembered him, took 5 minutes out his day to make someones day better. Love the guy. 

I did some volunteer work with Make a wish foundation, chaperoning kids wishes, some involving meeting famous people, took a couple of kids with Cancer to meet WWE wrestlers, a guy called Seth Rollins, he was very nice to the kids. Another one was a visit to the set of Still Game, it was the episode with the football tourney, filmed at Glasgow Uni pitches. All the cast were really decent to the kids, Greg Hemphill was great with his time, Sanjeev Kholi had finished for the day or something but stayed on to say hello to them. Some celebrities are very good with their time but I seem to remember some of them are pretty snarky, like Rowan Atkinson refuses to do meet and greets or mr bean for dying kids, Jamie Oliver seems to be the same, but actual superstars like Dwayne Johnson and Cena are very generous with their time, i find that quite baffling, an afternoon a year just to give back doesnt seem like a big ask. 

At the risk of getting mauled by the right-on brigade, when I lived in Doha had subscription to BeIn Sports for the football. Every weekend they had some old players in the studio for their punditry. They put them up at one of the hotels. When I saw anyone, I never bothered approaching anyone as it's not my jam but did have a drink and an hours blether with John Collins and Ruud Gullit at the golf course. A couple of genuinely nice fellas. 

Edited by jimbaxters