Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Not sure its helped the SNP much having the greens with them

I like the fact that there are different views & voices heard in the running of a country, every Green MSP has the same right to be there as any SNP MSP. The shite that happens with FPTP tells you that any Scottish government going forward ( Indy) should have a more representative government than Westminster, sadly if that even means listening to Tories (god forbid). 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Public spat between Cherry and Wishart.  "SNP  - The Banter Years" in the offing.

Thanks for sharing this. We should all endeavour to eradicate misogyny.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Shouty Kate has no problem setting aside her religious views.  The letter to the Galatians may well say, "In Christ there's neither Jew nor Greek" but that doesn't stop her wanting to separate Scotland from  England.

Oh dear 

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

I doubt her beliefs would have much influence on policies. Will be interesting to see if the greens stick with the SNP if Forbes becomes leader. 

I'd be hoping the new leader kicks the grifters known as the Scottish Greens out of the government.

Edit: Minority government isn't something to fear. It worked fine from 2007 to 2011. 

Edited by Trogdor

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Never mind the religious side, I just can't see a 32 year old being first minister, would that not make her the youngest elected national ( I know, I know) leader in the world? 

aye, youre probably right she is probably the wrong age.  That's why Mairi McAllan would get my vote. ..............

McAllan is actually really impressive.  She would definitely appeal to younger voters and perhaps in time win over the older ones with her intelligence and confidence. Pleased she may consider standing and whilst it is perhaps in many peoples eyes about 6 years too early (if not more) it would be great to see her perform in any leaders debates.  Didnt Finland and parps Estonia(?) have leaders in their early 30's

I quite like Kate Forbes too and like others believe that if she can keep her religion private (as it should be) then she must have a really decent chance.....again timing not brilliant with a new born child. I will never understand why people believe in god but as long as it does not interfere in any great way with their performance and decision making then it can be put to the side.  I would imagine that the vast majority of leaders in the UK and Scotland perhaps have been religious but no great issue has been made about it

9 hours ago, Donathan said:

Wonder if there will be televised debates

The two most interesting questions will be around what plans the candidates would have to deliver a legal (or otherwise) independence vote, and what they’d do about the gender bill 

Parties should avoid televised debates for internal leadership elections. They were an absolute disaster for the Tories. 

Lots of potential for exposing party rifts in public, especially for the SNP - particularly round the gender Bill and independence tactics. 

People talking about Forbes keeping her religion and politics seperate and not letting her religion intervene obviously haven't seen some of the social problems we're facing, I don't think she'd find it possible.

Last thing we need is a more right leaning politician heading another party. If Forbes becomes FM they won't be getting my vote at the next election. 

15 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Never mind the religious side, I just can't see a 32 year old being first minister, would that not make her the youngest elected national ( I know, I know) leader in the world? 

Sanna Marin was 34 when she became Prime Minister of Finland, I think Forbes is 33? Same ball park anyway.

30 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Last thing we need is a more right leaning politician heading another party. If Forbes becomes FM they won't be getting my vote at the next election. 

I can see a situation whereby Forbes becomes FM and some of the more liberal recent SNP members defer to the Greens.

Unfortunately for the Greens I do think they will increase in numbers / seats, but likely lose their seat at the big table as they just don’t fit in with the views of the SNP under news leadership.

I’m not suggesting for one instance that the P&B Official Hamster would win in a nationwide vote for Scottish leader, but I think the omission from this particular ballot has ‘bigotry’ written all over it. The OP would do well to familiarise himself with the hamster and his substantial ouevre.

2 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m not suggesting for one instance that the P&B Official Hamster would win in a nationwide vote for Scottish leader, but I think the omission from this particular ballot has ‘bigotry’ written all over it. The OP would do well to familiarise himself with the hamster and his substantial ouevre.

It's been neutered mate.

On 17/02/2023 at 16:07, Suspect Device said:

I've got just under a year to start the revolution then.

Jan 23rd next year or it's not happening.

Who's with me on the barricades. Comrades? You've nothing to lose but your chains.

Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho.

Could I have your mother’s maiden name please? Asking for a friend….🙄