The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Same.  I think I'll sit out the old voting for a decade or too.  All the parties up here are all either fucking useless (SNP, Greens), genital inspecting weirdos (Alba) or Unionist, Butcher's Apron flying, bootlicking cuck scum (Tories, Labour, Lib Dem).

I’ll be ballot spoiling for the foreseeable. Gonna have some fun with it.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Staying on while they have a leadership election doesn't seem like a wise move.

Think that's so they don't have the 28 day limit to replacing him.

I guess him saying he's going but will stay on til a new leader will give the Greens the cop out on the VONC on him, they can abstain saying he's going and avoid the horrendous optics of them voting for a Tory motion.

Humza can technically then walk away without losing the VONC in him. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Think that's so they don't have the 28 day limit to replacing him.

Yeah, that'll be right. They should've arranged someone (the likes of Swinney) to step in though.

They'll have another out in the open, leadership election, where they'll probably tear shreds off each other. 

Edit to include: I'm guessing Swinney was asked and said no.

Edited by houston_bud

Good Riddance to Humza. He wasn't lucky in the cards he was dealt, but he played them pretty badly too.

I'm a country bumpkin, off farming stock in Ayrshire, and over the last decade I'd describe myself as a centre right SNP voter.

TBH I've grown increasingly frustrated with the direction of the party, other than independence it's been harder and harder to actually relate to the party. It is at the point it's spoiled paper time should I be voting tomorrow. 

You'd think they'll be trying to avoid another 4 week navel gazing job and just get someone crowned and in. 

It's basically whoever the central belt MPs think can save their bacon, and continuity isn't likely to be high on folk's agendas. 

Edited by renton

One interesting thing is that absolutely nobody has mentioned Angus Robertson as a potential leader.  Just totally gone from the conversation after being such a major figure.  

Jim Sillars on SKy just then saying he backed Kate Forbes, for what that's worth.

4 minutes ago, PogoStick said:

I’ve never related to the party, just voted on a single issue, that won’t change unless we get another independence party.

(weird Alba gimps do not apply)

and for me that is part of the problem. The lurch to the left has alienated a sizeable chunk of the broad church. 

I'm not voting Green or Alba, so I'm faced with voting for a party that I cannot relate to and don't really agree with.... hence spoiled paper. 

Being a centre right and pro-indy is not a good place to be just now from a voting stance. 

Edited by Raab

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One interesting thing is that absolutely nobody has mentioned Angus Robertson as a potential leader.  Just totally gone from the conversation after being such a major figure.  

That's because they know he'll never run. He's said before that he wouldn't put his family through that.

15 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

For someone who is basically a career politician, having never held a job outside politics after doing his degree in, er politics, Yousaf has shown himself to be a really bad politician. He's shown a terrible mix of vanity, hubris, randomness in announcing stuff without consulting anyone, and an inability to foresee the effects of his actions.

Comparisons to Liz Truss are off the mark because he hasn't actually tanked the economy - but he gave off the same air of being completely out of his depth and having a huge overestimation of his own abilities. Good riddance to him, and I say that as a Yesser.

How can you forget the few months work in a o2 call centre? No wonder he chose politics as his career. 

Truss did more damage, but as you say he was out his depth. I feel it was a bit of a poison chalice to come after Sturgeon 

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I actually think the SNP are of the opinion that it would be better for another party to be leading the Scottish Government. With everything going just now with the economy etc (and probably over the next few years) no matter how competent you are, you are going to be hugely unpopular. It's a cowardly position but sadly I suspect it might be true.

This, however, is hilarious.  The Tories are finished in Scotland for the foreseeable future.

Screenshot_20240429_103334_Chrome.jpg

Douglas Ross of the Conservatives said "We saw off Sturgeon and now Yousaf'.

I think he is taking too much credit, as a linesman he can't even be trusted to see offside decisions without VAR!

What price Alba disbands, with every single member (all eight of them) reverting to the SNP, and the loonball dream team of Forbes and Ash Regan effectively doing Salmond’s bidding? 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

What price Alba disbands, with every single member (all eight of them) reverting to the SNP, and the loonball dream team of Forbes and Ash Regan effectively doing Salmond’s bidding? 

Sleepy Cuddles time.

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

How can you forget the few months work in a o2 call centre? No wonder he chose politics as his career. 

Truss did more damage, but as you say he was out his depth. I feel it was a bit of a poison chalice to come after Sturgeon 

Fair dos, the equivalent of Gideon Osborne's towel-folding phase.

I thought Humza's speech was as expected - still quite smug in tone, did some Gaza grandstanding, could have done a deal to win the votes if he'd wanted.  OK, bye.