Dundee v Cove Rangers

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What an utterly shite game. f**k being a Cove fan if you have to watch that shite every week.

Highlight for me was knowing that everyone could hear me at home telling that c**t to get the fuckin' ball.

Thank you.

Genuinely my (only just) teenager who has no interest in football was pissing himself laughing, while I tried to get him no to repeat it to his youngest sibling who hadn't quite heard it.

(Youngest almost fell asleep on the couch at half time, possibly the right idea tbf)

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

1 win in 5 for us. 2 wins away since the 23rd December.

I've said it time and time again but whether we go up or not, I'm much more looking forward to this squad being ripped up. 

If QP manage to do the business against Morton tomorrow, it's their league IMO.

Forget Cove's style of play as bad as it is, if we can't, at home, do more than get 1 significant shot on target (from well outside the box) against the team that is bottom of the league then I don't think we deserve anymore than we get.

We did just keep trying the same thing - playing through the forest of Cove players clogging up the box. 

It was like fkin pinball watching it bounce back out. 

It did feel like there must surely be some kind of other plan to try. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, f_c_dundee said:

We did just keep trying the same thing - playing through the forest of Cove players clogging up the box. 

It was like fkin pinball watching it bounce back out. 

It did feel like there must surely be some kind of other plan to try. 🤷‍♀️

But you're forgetting it was Sweeney who was again and again charging at the defence. 

I'm afraid a bit of sarcasm is my lot. 

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Didnt watch the game, but its mental people are having a go at Cove's tactic.

Youd think differently if you did watch the game.

One of the most defensive, unambitious, despressing performances ive ever seen at any level.

If i was a Cove fan id genuinely rather we got relegated and tried to win games at a lower level than suffer watching us spend 90 minutes trying to suffocate the life out the game, and barely touch the ball in the opponents half, just to get a point against a notoriously sketchy side who chuck in losses all the time when the pressures on.

Edited by RandomGuy.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd think differently if you did watch the game.

One of the most defensive, unambitious, despressing performances ive ever seen at any level.

If i was a Cove fan id genuinely rather we got relegated and tried to win games at a lower level than suffer watching us spend 90 minutes trying to suffocate the life out the game, and barely touch the ball in the opponents half, just to get a point against a notoriously sketchy side who chuck in losses all the time when the pressures on.

You obviously didn't watch Aberdeen v Celtic in December. 

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Same kind of goons that think Motherwell sitting in away to Celtic is somehow damaging to Scottish football.

Theyve just got an unlikely point that puts them firmly in the driving seat to avoid automatic relegation. Fair fucks to them.

Cove didn't play football "the right way".

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Same kind of goons that think Motherwell sitting in away to Celtic is somehow damaging to Scottish football.

Theyve just got an unlikely point that puts them firmly in the driving seat to avoid automatic relegation. Fair fucks to them.

Tbh I've got more issue with authorities who allow this shit to constantly happen. The guy was injured but came back on and just sat down straight away he should have been ignored till the sub came on. Anything cynical like that in football should carry a yellow as a minimum. It's great when your team is getting away with it but it shouldn't be allowed for me.

Cove were admittedly absolutely dreadful and people can slate their style of football all they want but Dundee really were poor. Cove had a game plan and Dundee played into their hands firing balls in the air for guys who thrive in those scenarios. Some of those cove players cannot run whatsoever, surprised how little was played on the ground. Some of the crossing was awful, lost count how many times they over hit crosses. 

Surprised Mcmullan got as little time on the pitch as he did, excellent any time I see him play. Noticed he’s out of contract, would certainly take him at QP if he’s not got something lined up already

I only caught the second half. Fair play to Cove. They're battling for their lives and I've absolutely no problem with how they set up last night. If it was October or something and they were like that I'd have been apoplectic.

Words will be had with Pep, broken promises.

The folk moaning about Cove are ignoring the fact that they probably don't play like that every week, but that a game away to the league leaders where you really need a point might be a bit different. They have also been shipping goals left, right and centre since they made the baffling decision to get rid of McIntyre, who was doing alright, and bring back in Hartley, who has been essentially an unmitigated disaster.

Edited by craigkillie