National Conference League

edinabear

1 minute ago, Greenmachine said:

The SFA said the plan came from the pyramid working group.It just didn’t!

The plan was never discussed at PWG,it was just presented to clubs as a 3 option paper whilst also being told that 2 of the options wouldn’t be accepted as the SPFL clubs would never vote for them!

Yep, and the status quo was not an option...

On 31/05/2023 at 07:40, FairWeatherFan said:

https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1663673139279060994

That 4th B team spot is still open. Shows how daft the SFA/SPFL are putting this up for a vote without having all their ducks in a row.

Big chance for some enterprising team in East of Scotland Div 3, to jump several tiers in one go. 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Big chance for some enterprising team in East of Scotland Div 3, to jump several tiers in one go. 

Pollok Twitter publicising their 12 new signings.

Clearly that's a full 'B' team signed up.

All that's needed now is to raise £100k and we can bribe our way into the new CONference League.

Smart move Mr Maxwell (no relation).

https://twitter.com/pollokfc/status/1665415661718323202?s=20

Edited by archieb

I think Hearts decision on the Conference could be key to whether or not it goes ahead. Sadly despite an overwhelming majority of clubs being against the Conference this won't go away, just like the whole pushing B' team's a 'credible' answer to our failure to qualify for a major international tournament. Not that the SFA would ever go down the limiting the number of foreign players in starting lineups as it would compromise certain clubs in European competition, short term gain vs long term focussing on home grown talent . We were asking this question 30 years ago.

Haven't Rangers and Celtic just sucked the life and air out of Scottish football since the late 80's and early 90's?

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The idea existed before Hearts were involved and will continue to exist even if they decide against it.

Of course it won't, I was just hoping Hearts would scupper this idea this time around and vote against.:)

As a fan of a team in the Lowland League I think it's preposterous that we'd be going down a division to accommodate this anomaly division.  There's a conference division in England.  However that's legit as there's more teams to work with in England.  I'd be ok with that but as it's essentially a tactic to help the Old Firm and other Premiership teams it's in complete disregard to lower league clubs interest.

Also, the argument that it'll get the Premiership youngsters getting top level game time earlier which could improve Scotland as a national team in the long run is a straw house to me.  I get that idea in theory but I'm a club supporter, a trip to Hampden is just like a wee night oot to the theatre as far as I'm concerned.

So please, get this conference in the bloomin' bin...

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The idea existed before Hearts were involved and will continue to exist even if they decide against it.

I don’t actually think Hearts getting involved was a bad thing as it stopped the SFA using the line of “its only two teams” to the Non League clubs. Once Hearts threw their hat in the ring it meant any club with the finances could then look at putting a B Team in the pyramid. You can spin Celtic and Rangers B teams bringing a crowd as they’ve fans in every town to help small clubs but what the hell would say Queens Park bring if they had a B team. I also can see the more B teams in a division the worse it would become while clubs might begrudgingly put up with one or two, had Hearts been in the initial LL proposal more clubs might have said no.  

14 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Apologies if I've misunderstood something but I thought the whole point of the Conference was to add a league in without it needing to be voted on so where is this vote that everyone is saying No to coming from?

Dont know.There isnt a vote anymore.

17 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Apologies if I've misunderstood something but I thought the whole point of the Conference was to add a league in without it needing to be voted on so where is this vote that everyone is saying No to coming from?

You'll need to ask @Cowden Cowboy that.

At the recent vote many clubs said the Conference League left them no choice but to keep stuffing their pockets with Premiership B team bribes. So with the Conference League being kicked into touch will the Lowland League be revisiting Celtic, Rangers and Hearts participation going forward?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lowland-league-clubs-forced-to-vote-for-celtic-rangers-and-hearts-b-teams-4108753

41 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Didn't need to vote.

Its already a done deal.

Took this from my post in SPFL 2 thread and thought relevant here

Well with Livingston Fc announcing they will be voting NO, https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial/status/1665720705177079811  to the conference and informed that Motherwell FC would be doing the same, no wonder that idiot Maxwell and the SFA said there will be no vote tomorrow.

Maxwell should go as he is so out of touch with Scottish Football, he hasn't a clue thinking this conference league will improve youth players to improve Scottish National Team and remember folks, Thomas Brown the Lowland League chairman should go as he said early on in the Official Catch Up that the conference league is happening no matter what Highland and Lowland decide.
Maxwell stated that only about 8 under 18s were playing in the Scottish premiership, stating the players weren't good enough and that's why they haven't been chosen by managers.     BUT what Maxwell doesn't tell us is that 61 % of players playing in the Scottish Premier are not Scottish, no wonder young players are not being picked by Scottish top teams as manager are under pressure to win straight away and don't let youth gain valuable experience so they bring players with experience from outside Scotland.
Croatia is a different country to Scotland, different climate, different people, different temperament and attitude to us and ALL coach's in Croatia are part time or full time payed by the Croatian FA, including grassroots coaches, https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-croatia-idUKKBN1O61P5   That idiot Maxwell didn't tell us that ehh, thinking we can just copy them missing out important ingredients and all will be well.

Out with this, what I find interesting is MOST of the clubs from the SPFL 1, n 2, Lowland, Highland, West, East, South etc.. all going against this conference league as every team knew this was wrong, so right now, this is something that can be take further, dialogue, talk to each other, make sure meetings can be arranged to chat about the problems of the pyramid.   Now the pyramid isn't fair and is not equal to all but at the moment its working slowly while not working correctly, but teams can see an avenue to progress.  This is a time to reflect for teams but be aware and ready to be contacted by the SFA to cajole all teams into thinking the conference is the ideal scenario for all concerned when it is not.

Wake up call for us all regarding the Pyramid
The SFA will be trying to get this conference in the pyramid in the future, that's for sure so must be totally aware of this.  The pyramid as we know, many have fought long and hard to get it up and running but WE ALL KNOW its not functioning the way it should and for all there is no doubt the only problems that show in the pyramid is genuinely quick self interest with the SPFL2 voting for no relegation, only a play off for club 42 and the Lowland League voting for 1 possible relegation, its time to get it sorted as, and sorry if I'm wrong here, Clubs like East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Brechin City and soon to be Albion Rovers have and will realize that voting for No relegation when in SPFL2 has only put the former SPFL clubs in disaster mode as when they are relegated they don't come back due to, (maybe not realizing but doubt it), in reality voting for a harder way to get back to the SPFL and I don't see any of them making it back for a long time.  I do believe these clubs if asked again would vote for 2 automatic relegation from the SPFL2 and a bottom 3rd in playoff or similar, giving them a greater chance of return if and only when they get their act together on and off the park.

Thank feck this conference is binned at the moment

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Took this from my post in SPFL 2 thread and thought relevant here

Well with Livingston Fc announcing they will be voting NO, https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial/status/1665720705177079811  to the conference and informed that Motherwell FC would be doing the same, no wonder that idiot Maxwell and the SFA said there will be no vote tomorrow.

Maxwell should go as he is so out of touch with Scottish Football, he hasn't a clue thinking this conference league will improve youth players to improve Scottish National Team and remember folks, Thomas Brown the Lowland League chairman should go as he said early on in the Official Catch Up that the conference league is happening no matter what Highland and Lowland decide.
Maxwell stated that only about 8 under 18s were playing in the Scottish premiership, stating the players weren't good enough and that's why they haven't been chosen by managers.     BUT what Maxwell doesn't tell us is that 61 % of players playing in the Scottish Premier are not Scottish, no wonder young players are not being picked by Scottish top teams as manager are under pressure to win straight away and don't let youth gain valuable experience so they bring players with experience from outside Scotland.
Croatia is a different country to Scotland, different climate, different people, different temperament and attitude to us and ALL coach's in Croatia are part time or full time payed by the Croatian FA, including grassroots coaches, https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-croatia-idUKKBN1O61P5   That idiot Maxwell didn't tell us that ehh, thinking we can just copy them missing out important ingredients and all will be well.

Out with this, what I find interesting is MOST of the clubs from the SPFL 1, n 2, Lowland, Highland, West, East, South etc.. all going against this conference league as every team knew this was wrong, so right now, this is something that can be take further, dialogue, talk to each other, make sure meetings can be arranged to chat about the problems of the pyramid.   Now the pyramid isn't fair and is not equal to all but at the moment its working slowly while not working correctly, but teams can see an avenue to progress.  This is a time to reflect for teams but be aware and ready to be contacted by the SFA to cajole all teams into thinking the conference is the ideal scenario for all concerned when it is not.

Wake up call for us all regarding the Pyramid
The SFA will be trying to get this conference in the pyramid in the future, that's for sure so must be totally aware of this.  The pyramid as we know, many have fought long and hard to get it up and running but WE ALL KNOW its not functioning the way it should and for all there is no doubt the only problems that show in the pyramid is genuinely quick self interest with the SPFL2 voting for no relegation, only a play off for club 42 and the Lowland League voting for 1 possible relegation, its time to get it sorted as, and sorry if I'm wrong here, Clubs like East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Brechin City and soon to be Albion Rovers have and will realize that voting for No relegation when in SPFL2 has only put the former SPFL clubs in disaster mode as when they are relegated they don't come back due to, (maybe not realizing but doubt it), in reality voting for a harder way to get back to the SPFL and I don't see any of them making it back for a long time.  I do believe these clubs if asked again would vote for 2 automatic relegation from the SPFL2 and a bottom 3rd in playoff or similar, giving them a greater chance of return if and only when they get their act together on and off the park.

Thank feck this conference is binned at the moment

At the moment............