League 1 playoff final: Annan vs Clyde/ Clyde vs Annan

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

In fairness to Gibson, Quitongo's injury was the first thing he wanted to address when interviewed.  

Yeah, Gibson spoke well there and made it clear Rico's his pal.

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Congratulations to Annan on promotion it seemed deserved from what I saw.  Good bunch when you visited Kirkcaldy in the Diddy cup a few years back. Got to fear for Clyde going forward, back to being nomads and dropping down to tier 4.  Best of luck to both clubs next season.  

My thoughts exactly.

Well deserved from Annan in the end. 15 years in L2 and they've come close to promotion a good few times so nice to see them finally do it. I suspect they'd be a stronger opposition than Clyde would be next season as well so happy with that.

Massive congrats to Annan, very much deserved and 4 Solway derbies will be very interesting.

Felt sympathy for Duffy and Clyde tonight for all the unfortunate injuries, but in reality they are probably one of the most deserving 9th-place relegated teams I've kept up with.

Fair play to Annan, throughly deserved over a number of seasons. Particularly last year v Edinburgh.

We have stunk this division out since promotion, no more than this season, and deserve relegation. 

Hopefully Quitongo makes a quick recovery.

Just now, David W said:

Fair play to Annan, throughly deserved over a number of seasons. Particularly last year v Edinburgh.

We have stunk this division out since promotion, no more than this season, and deserve relegation. 

Hopefully Quitongo makes a quick recovery.

Looked a really bad one 🤢, hopefully Quitongo makes a speedy recovery.  

Very fair play to Annan. Much deserved over the two legs and a promotion has been coming for them 

Wullie Gibson however, is a vile little racist b*****d. Fair play for apologising on the telly but I’ve got a feeling “act like a w****r, apologise later” is something he’s a pro at these days.

Regarding Clyde, I’m genuinely gutted we haven’t been able to enjoy L1. Every season has been a horrible slog. Hopefully next season is a bit better in the league below but we need to be sorting the management and signing players straight away given the other L2 teams are making moves.

28 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Twelve easy points too. 

Aye right. If they keep the bulk of that side it'll be 4 tough games. Not because they have quality players (Gibson excluded) but because the ex-QoS players will be playing with something to prove. Given we gave a shite Clyde side 4 pts this season I expect if we're as poor next season we'll give Annan more. 

Well done Annan. Be good to have a league Derby for once. Chuffed they're up but they can "Get doon!" from here on in. 

I don't expect Rico will be with us next season so hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he can get himself a club sharpish. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

Congratulations to Annan - big f**k yous to everyone else who are dancing on Clyde’s grave. Sadly I think they’re probably correct 

Clyde abandoned the right to any and all sympathy when they played Rangers (d.) in a pre-season friendly and let puffing 'Rangers legends' play in the Clyde team to enthuse the utter mouth-breathers in attendance. Not in a bid to keep the club alive - just to build a 'transfer warchest' to stay in the second tier.

Congratulations to Annan. The much more effective team and more than capable to putting the ball in the back of the net, unlike ourselves.

We will deservedly become a League 2 team again but the club is such a shambles at the moment there's no guarantee that'll mean we actually win more games next season.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Very fair play to Annan. Much deserved over the two legs and a promotion has been coming for them 

Wullie Gibson however, is a vile little racist b*****d. Fair play for apologising on the telly but I’ve got a feeling “act like a w****r, apologise later” is something he’s a pro at these days.

Regarding Clyde, I’m genuinely gutted we haven’t been able to enjoy L1. Every season has been a horrible slog. Hopefully next season is a bit better in the league below but we need to be sorting the management and signing players straight away given the other L2 teams are making moves.

Very much this regards Gibson.  To address what was said earlier, Gibson was initially wanting to play on and then laughing, when he was called out on it he started giving it the billy big baws 'mon then' to the stands.  He may have been apologetic afterwards, but his behaviour of the moment was despicable, could have caused a riot and should have been sanctioned by the ref.

Just hope for a speedy recovery for Rico Quitongo, one of the worst things I've seen on the pitch, was just so innocuous as well.  Best wishes to him.

As for us, well we're deservedly down, the second Annan goal summed up our season in a nutshell.  Hopefully relegation spells the end of Duffyball.  We looked far more threatening when McDonald was on, yet he persists with Rennie, who for a player with the height he has can barely jump (shades of a certain Robert Jones there...).  First half was the usual hit and hope stuff as well.

We need to say goodbye to Duffy if any kind of rebuild is to be successful, sadly I have no trust nor confidence in the powers that be to action that.  It would be a real kick in the guts if they were to announce he's staying on in any kind of capacity for a longer term stay.

Edited by GroundskeeperWillie
Edited to provide best wishes for Rico Quitongo's recovery