Tattooing looks easy

On 24/05/2023 at 09:11, mathematics said:

Wrist is nothing in comparison to the inside of your upper arm. 

The back of my knee was the worse. Strangely, the knee cap itself was actually OK.

I had a 10 hour sitting on Friday 13th of March 2020, I'll never forget that date or year, on my thigh and it wasn't that painful but I would never do a sitting that long again. I thought I was going to pass out by the end of it and couldn't eat that night. It was horrendous.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

7 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The back of my knee was the worse. Strangely, the knee cap itself was actually OK.

I had a 10 hour sitting on Friday 13th of 2020, I'll never forget that date or year, on my thigh and it wasn't that painful but I would never do a sitting that long again. I thought I was going to pass out by the end of it and couldn't eat that night. It was horrendous.

1zc8p6fdhqt71.jpg

4 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I had a 10 hour sitting on Friday 13th of March 2020, I'll never forget that date or year, on my thigh and it wasn't that painful but I would never do a sitting that long again. I thought I was going to pass out by the end of it and couldn't eat that night. It was horrendous.

Elbow and inside of the arm is pretty tender but the most painful was the ribs (although might have been because it was my first tattoo).

Usually sit for 6-7 hours but done more on occasion and I've only been that agonising way once, I believe its when your body starts going into shock.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Elbow and inside of the arm is pretty tender but the most painful was the ribs (although might have been because it was my first tattoo).

Usually sit for 6-7 hours but done more on occasion and I've only been that agonising way once, I believe its when your body starts going into shock.

I've stayed away from the ribs, too auld and a bit flabby for that now. The breastplate was torture though, it felt like John Hurt's alien was trying to escape. That particular tattoo took 20 hours over a six month time period. Seemed like a good idea at the time and it does look fantastic now, but would never have gone through with it if I knew what was lying in store.

Hope we are not putting anyone off here. Tattoos are fucking great.

On 23/06/2023 at 13:48, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Similar. I done my inner upper arm on a ten stint but I slept through it in a drug induced coma. RAF the tattooist kept laughing and cracking jokes every time I woke up and looked. Felt ten feet tall.

Until I was staggering through town white as a sheet, nearly spewing and generally just feeling fucking awful. No idea how boys can do brutal black project for 12hrs at a time 

On 24/05/2023 at 12:42, Sweet Pete said:

All tattoos hurt to some extent. I've got 16 in various places. Wrists are nippy. Shoulder blades and spine were nippy. Elbow was nippy. Generally I find the fleshier the area, the less they hurt. Generally it's a hot, jaggy feeling. They're done with reciprocating needles being dragged across your skin, so they're never going to be painless.

I have two. The first one I got (the meteor from Final Fantasy VII) hurt like a bitch as it's on the left side of my chest but as it gets closer and closer to the sternum it was fucking agony - my tattoist said the less fat there are covering an area the more it hurts.

My second (Hylian Shield) is on my left upper arm / shoulder and didn't hurt anywhere near as much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...