2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

Brechin need a good demolition job at Keith for any chance imo.  Didn't see today's one happening at HT tbh.

Amazed we somehow extended our GD lead over the Broch.

Edited by Hedgecutter

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Vale love Buckie so much they rolled over and let them rack up the goals this afternoon. :lol:

Aye shocking result.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but refs against the Vale keep adding on longer injury time compared to other games(especially against Buckie).

It's certainly getting interesting.

How many goals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday?

I see Buckie have the goals scored advantage if it finishes equal on goal difference.

9 goals required to catch up.

5 or 6 on Monday?

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Brechin need a good demolition job at Keith for any chance imo.  Didn't see today's one happening at HT tbh.

Amazed we somehow extended our GD lead over the Broch.

I fear that Buckie will pip us at the post. Will be interesting to see how many fans we'll take to Brora.

Another good crowd at the Glebe yesterday - 713. We have averaged 541 for the 17 home league games which is more than we used to achieve in the SPFL. Not sure why we are the only HL club that announces their crowds.

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I fear that Buckie will pip us at the post. Will be interesting to see how many fans we'll take to Brora.

Another good crowd at the Glebe yesterday - 713. We have averaged 541 for the 17 home league games which is more than we used to achieve in the SPFL. Not sure why we are the only HL club that announces their crowds.

Why do you fear,Buckie have been better than us full stop,oh wait a minute so have Fraserburgh and Banks o Dee only one point from these games is very poor,regarding the crowd won’t be like that next season when we have a poor squad and still in the highland league.

9 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Why do you fear,Buckie have been better than us full stop,oh wait a minute so have Fraserburgh and Banks o Dee only one point from these games is very poor,regarding the crowd won’t be like that next season when we have a poor squad and still in the highland league.

We actually took 4 points against BOD as we beat them at Spain Park. I agree that nil points against the other 2 teams over 4 games is unacceptable and will almost certainly cost us dear. Crowds next season - who knows?

Nipped up to this - only 3-1 Buckie HT, not sure how as they are the better side by a mile. Could be ugly second half if Strathspey tire out. 

75 odd mins gone and it’s only 4-1, not the pumping required to catch Brechin on goal difference. I think Buckie will need to rely on Brechin dropping points in their final games.

Edited by jamamafegan

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

75 odd mins gone and it’s only 4-1, not the pumping required to catch Brechin on goal difference. I think Buckie will need to rely on Brechin dropping points in their final games.

They've got Strathspey again on Wednesday. 

I feel like they'd have been hoping to be ahead of Brechin on goal difference out of these two games, but it's looking like they might not be. Not convinced Brechin will win both games, nor am I convinced Buckie definitely will at the weekend right enough.

Can see another couple here, but +5 or less was as good as we could hope for tonight imo.

ETA: there's one of them

Edited by Hedgecutter