🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

2 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Cyprus should take care of itself. Georgia and Spain away to worry me slightly if Norway get a bit spawney

As long as beat Cyprus, don't we qualify? Has someone done the maths?

2 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Cyprus should take care of itself. Georgia and Spain away to worry me slightly if Norway get a bit spawney

Spain have still to play Georgia home and away, plus away to Norway, and I'd expect them to win them. If we beat Cyprus, that'll do it.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Really comfortable win and professional performance. Let them back into it a bit in the last 15 minutes but in reality we should've been 3 or 4 goals up by then. 

I think one more win will get us through. 

I don't think I can remember seeing a more one sided pumping with us being the team in control. We were excellent tonight.

My rudimentary sums say beat Norway at Hampden and they can't catch us, regardless of what else happens. Beat Cyprus, and it requires Norway to win all their games AND Spain to win every game bar the Norway one to stop us.

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Suppose we beat Cyprus, and everyone else beats us and beats Cyprus (Spain beat Cyprus twice)

Us 15

Spain 12

Norway 10

Georgia 10

Then from 2 x Spain/Georgia, Norway/Spain and Norway/Georgia, we’d need to avoid two of Spain getting 3 points, Georgia getting 5 and Norway getting 5

The risky scenario is probably Norway winning against both Spain and Georgia at home.

But even still, you’d absolutely take a scenario where we are one win over a minnow away from just having to avoid three straight defeats. 

Just love how every single player looks to love playing for Scotland, that's how it should be not all this shit we had in the past with players taking the hump or thinking they were too good for us.

Our squad play as a team as good as any national squad I've seen.