St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

3 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

This trope is always wheeled out against Aberdeen, and I find it very strange. 

Forget Fergie and the 80s and look at the here and now and recent form. 

Aberdeen regularly have the 3rd/4th highest playing budget in the league. 

Aberdeen have finished in the top 4 in 9 out of the last 10 seasons. 

Genuine question ,what do fans of other teams think is a “realistic expectation” for Aberdeen fans given the above? 

Is the carrot 🥕 that tasty 😋

After claiming that I 'didn't care' about it, I have now watched Miovski's penalty at different speeds from about three different angles around thirty times and changed my mind about twenty times regarding whether he definitely hits it twice or not, so a degree of sympathy for the VAR officials. 

Edited by DrewDon

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think it's the same as the St Mirren shot that was deemed to be not over the line against Dundee, oh no St Mirren again, not being given as a goal because it couldn't be conclusively proven.

I was 80 yards away and I could clearly see the ball was over the line.  VAR team were watching the arse cheek game and never saw it so you can't blame them 

We didn't deserve a point today. Comprehensively outplayed. 

If St Mirren had scored one of the half dozen headers they won in the six yard box, or the one on one with the keeper, they wouldn't have to be desperately clutching at some barely perceptible double touch, VAR, the officials, the SFA and my particular favourite, goading. 

An entire fanbase losing their heads simultaneously is some going. 

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

A deserved point for Aberdeen against the Scottish giants that are St Mirren. After all they have had a couple of good seasons in the top flight these past few decades.

More surprisingly Aberdeen have experienced no major injuries which must have been a worry. Honestly they would have known that getting out of the madam SIMSA with no one going to hospital was an unexpected bonus. Well done the dandies. 

Still hurting 😂  love it 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I have watched Saints since 1967. Trust me I carry a big cross from it. But now and again the cross is laid down not often.  These are good times from a Saints point of view. Aberdeen are a good club love you beating the dark sides of Glasgow. These times don't come along a lot for St Mirren so we are living the moment.  I'm dangling carrots it's not often we can do that. I have a lot of respect for Aberdeen just let us have our moment. 

well said sir, I have endured longer than yourself having suffered since 1959 and as you say it isn't often we get to crow so please Mr Aberdonian, gie the man a break

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

One of the best ever end of game emotional rollercoaster dramas. 

Really?

The game ended 2-2 firfucksake. There was a post uploaded by your club (I think) on Twitter yesterday where about 5 years ago you won 5-4:against County and won it by S Thompson scoring an overhead flick.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

In all seriousness, we were fucking terrible the day

Worrying times for the Buds if they canna beat us on that showing 

Not really. I'm happy to focus on the positives. We dominated a significantly more expensive squad who required a fluke free kick and a 98th minute penalty that should have been chalked off to escape with a point.

Well done for doubling your points tally for the season but I know who should be more worried. 

Bringing in a bit of lightheartedness. In this day and age of VAR, Angus McDonald trying to suggest the ball hit his chest at the penalty incident was pretty funny. However, Gogic trumped that by lifting his shirt to try to point to the red mark left on his chest where the ball hit him was hilarious.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Bringing in a bit of lightheartedness. In this day and age of VAR, Angus McDonald trying to suggest the ball hit his chest at the penalty incident was pretty funny. However, Gogic trumped that by lifting his shirt to try to point to the red mark left on his chest where the ball hit him was hilarious.

lEf05Pc.gif

9 hours ago, Cossie MFC said:

😅😅😅😅

The St Mirren fans views have been wild on this site this last week. It is been  between  you and the bold Captain for the biggest mile out. You win it with your St Mirren are box office comment.

And you can’t see that the “box office” comment was meant to be humour? 

The fact I had mentioned that other fans not involved in a game against us were commenting on St Mirren games was exactly the point I was making. 

Given you are a Motherwell fan you just validated my point.

Are you still in seethe mode from being dumped out the league cup?

Let it go….. 😂 

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

A deserved point for Aberdeen against the Scottish giants that are St Mirren. After all they have had a couple of good seasons in the top flight these past few decades.

Another ‘Well fan still sore after last week. Dry your eyes.

IMG_3697.gif.2a2d158276a729d86d86c3d25a26cc02.gif

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

In all seriousness, we were fucking terrible the day

Worrying times for the Buds if they canna beat us on that showing 

The reason you were terrible was perhaps because your opponents played so much better.
Credit where it’s due.

What was incredible was that the “Famous” could have won the game with a second penalty for the hand ball against Fraser. 

I don’t know about other Saints fans but the entertainment from games involving this side has been brilliant. 

We will enjoy it while it lasts as we don’t have the depth of squads that the big city slickers have. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Really?

The game ended 2-2 firfucksake. There was a post uploaded by your club (I think) on Twitter yesterday where about 5 years ago you won 5-4:against County and won it by S Thompson scoring an overhead flick.

Dundee fans (as well as continually commenting on our P&B match threads not involving their side) even follow our club official Twitter accounts!

It is true - we are “Box Office” in Scotland right now.  😂 

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

More surprisingly Aberdeen have experienced no major injuries which must have been a worry. Honestly they would have known that getting out of the madam with no one going to hospital was an unexpected bonus. Well done the dandies. 

Aberdeen players visiting a brothel before the game?
Maybe that explains their “fcuking terrible” performance that @Frank Grimes was alluding to.