Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

5 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is Hamilton fully fit or just not getting the right kind of service. ???

He missed about 3 sitters.. think the service is just fine.

theres no one that can convince me Murray was right with starting McGill. Even if he had a blinder against the pars, play people who are natural  in their positions.

Gullan offers us nothing. Would much rather have kept Mitchell. 

Honestly think you drop Mullen for someone. His delivery is good but he offers nothing outwith that. You have millen and Mullen who have just as good delivery as each other, so there’s no need to have both on the same flank offering the same thing as neither can get in behind or beat a man. 

I said when we appointed Murray I really hope we don’t get in to the ‘well score more than you’ mentality he seemed to have at airdrie, howeve we seem to have got to that place. Would much rather be solid and shitfest a 1-0, like we did at east end, than concede 2 shite goals and have to score 2 late ones against 10 men.

we have the capability to push united to the title, but with Dabrowski in goals, we absolutely have no chance. He will lose us more points than he’ll save us.

Fair play to QP, their keeper was unreal and a massive prospect for the future, can’t imagine he’ll be long at QP. Also commend them when it went 1-1 and they were rapid to get the ball back in play at throw ins and goal kicks. They knew the game was there and almost got themselves the 3 points were it not for some horrendous substitutions from their manager. 

good to battle to 3 points but should never have got to that point. All well and good saying ‘last year it would have finished 2-1’, getting very bored of this narrative that last year we would have got turned over.

It's a good reminder that it was two going on five or six today. That's the third or fourth time this season we've played against a goalkeeper who has ended up putting in a ridiculous performance to keep their team in it. 

Smith deserves a huge amount of credit for the third goal. We've seen so many occasions where players go for glory but he's been completely unselfish and put it right across goal for Vaughan to get the winner. 

Defensively, both goals are pretty rotten but you can only work with what you've got. 

19 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

He missed about 3 sitters.. think the service is just fine.

theres no one that can convince me Murray was right with starting McGill. Even if he had a blinder against the pars, play people who are natural  in their positions.

Gullan offers us nothing. Would much rather have kept Mitchell. 

Honestly think you drop Mullen for someone. His delivery is good but he offers nothing outwith that. You have millen and Mullen who have just as good delivery as each other, so there’s no need to have both on the same flank offering the same thing as neither can get in behind or beat a man. 

I said when we appointed Murray I really hope we don’t get in to the ‘well score more than you’ mentality he seemed to have at airdrie, howeve we seem to have got to that place. Would much rather be solid and shitfest a 1-0, like we did at east end, than concede 2 shite goals and have to score 2 late ones against 10 men.

we have the capability to push united to the title, but with Dabrowski in goals, we absolutely have no chance. He will lose us more points than he’ll save us.

Fair play to QP, their keeper was unreal and a massive prospect for the future, can’t imagine he’ll be long at QP. Also commend them when it went 1-1 and they were rapid to get the ball back in play at throw ins and goal kicks. They knew the game was there and almost got themselves the 3 points were it not for some horrendous substitutions from their manager. 

good to battle to 3 points but should never have got to that point. All well and good saying ‘last year it would have finished 2-1’, getting very bored of this narrative that last year we would have got turned over.

When you say you’d drop Mullen, are you actually meaning Josh Mullin, because I’d completely disagree about the work rate part of your post. I think he’s been very good for us so far. 

Aye, without getting into the same debate some of our neighbours did last week, there are enough chances there to win several games. 

Much like the 5-2 game last year where they scored with all five shots on target, Queens were clinical with the chances they had, with a good deal of assistance from our goalkeeper and defence, it has to be said. 

A minor complaint, but could do without the bairns immediately below the camera position. I know we debated whether or not the highlights should include RaithTV commentary, but it certainly doesn't need a few mouthy nine year olds! 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye, without getting into the same debate some of our neighbours did last week, there are enough chances there to win several games. 

Much like the 5-2 game last year where they scored with all five shots on target, Queens were clinical with the chances they had, with a good deal of assistance from our goalkeeper and defence, it has to be said. 

A minor complaint, but could do without the bairns immediately below the camera position. I know we debated whether or not the highlights should include RaithTV commentary, but it certainly doesn't need a few mouthy nine year olds! 

A actual think their so annoying their a unofficial weapon  

37 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

I said this before but i,ll say it again

Our highlights are fukin quality

The Raith TV team do an exceptional job

Think theres a few who are going a bit OTT in their praise for their keeper.

He made a couple of decent saves but the majority are down to poor finishing

Edited by Rovers_Lad

10 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dabrowski gonna be ok, once he gets games the confidence will settle. For now he’s on a balance o world class saves and dodgy ways.  Al bet the all the bed wetters he will be important once he calm the ham 

29 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

When you say you’d drop Mullen, are you actually meaning Josh Mullin, because I’d completely disagree about the work rate part of your post. I think he’s been very good for us so far. 

Didn’t say anything about work rate. He doesn’t offer anything different from Millen. Can’t beat a man, can’t run in behind, all he has is a final ball which Millen already has and as we don’t have another RB, surely better having a winger that offers something different from our full back on the same side? The amount of times both took up the same position waiting for one or the other to put a cross in was wild. Have a winger who can run in behind or can beat a man to offer something different. I personally don’t see what Mullin has offered to our team so far other than a decent ball into the box. 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Dabrowski gonna be ok, once he gets games the confidence will settle. For now he’s on a balance o world class saves and dodgy ways.  Al bet the all the bed wetters he will be important once he calm the ham 

I actually agree wi this. Some of the saves he's made are mcgurnesque, which is the biggest compliment you can give as a rovers fan Imo. 

How the f**k he didn't just grab the ball, no punch needed, oz beyond me though. It's the absolute basics as a 'keeper at youth level. He hasn't played many games for his age, but as long as the morons get off his back, he will win everyone over. Iv seen enough from him to suggest that. If you cheered him catching the ball after the first goal have a word with yourself. It was definitely up there with the ramiro gonzalez incident for me, but I do think oor Kev has more about him. 

The qp 'keeper was very fucking food for 16? It was 5-0 at ht, if not for him tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Didn’t say anything about work rate. He doesn’t offer anything different from Millen. Can’t beat a man, can’t run in behind, all he has is a final ball which Millen already has and as we don’t have another RB, surely better having a winger that offers something different from our full back on the same side? The amount of times both took up the same position waiting for one or the other to put a cross in was wild. Have a winger who can run in behind or can beat a man to offer something different. I personally don’t see what Mullin has offered to our team so far other than a decent ball into the box. 

Is it actually a bad thing to have two players on the same side of the pitch that can play good balls in to the box... 

You're just wrong though  

6 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

“Take off your experienced players when trying to hold a one goal lead with ten men”

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg

The thing that gobsmacked me was making a triple substitution when you're 2-1 up, but a man down.

Given you made a sub at half time, you were still allowed three breaks in play, so surely you make three individual substitutions in order to run the clock down?

As far as the game itself was concerned, folk around me were berating Murray's tactics due to us not putting the game to bed, but I thought his shape and tactics were spot on - they weren't the reasons we failed to convert more of the many decent chances we created, nor the reason for the defensive calamities which so very nearly cost us.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Watched those highlights…noticed Easton, crossing in for the final goal, stayed off the pitch to avoid any offside question while the goalmouth stramash occurred. The highlight also showed him “accidentally” shouldering McPherson as he ran to celebrate with Lewis (14:45)…seems Dylan perhaps thought McPherson had been a bit aggressive in some challenges?

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

I actually agree wi this. Some of the saves he's made are mcgurnesque, which is the biggest compliment you can give as a rovers fan Imo. 

How the f**k he didn't just grab the ball, no punch needed, oz beyond me though. It's the absolute basics as a 'keeper at youth level. 

I don't think Kev went to punch the ball,  watching the highlights he's clearly went to catch it but just messed up.  Guessing he's either been caught out by the bounce off the pitch (which you'd doubt as he trains on it everyday), or he's had one eye on their striker expecting to be clattered and ended up misjudging where the ball was.  Or a combo of the two.  

It happens though.  On the Friday night I'd watched a YouTube video of goalkeeping howlers featuring some of the best keepers in the world making absolute basic errors and costing their teams goals.  

Edited by SanStarko

Both goals conceded are absolute shockers. The first one the keeper has had a mare, he's completely misjudged the whole thing which should have been a simple catch.

The second one is a collective effort from the entire defence to shoot ourselves in the foot during which the keeper actually makes a good save. 

6 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

Mullin offers a great delivery from more advanced positions than Millen, and while he isn't going to be a tricky, beat a man kind of winger, he takes up really good positions all over the pitch, and plays some really cute balls - really good football intelligence.

It's harsh when you consider how good Easton was yesterday when he came on, and that Vaughan got his two goals but I'd still be starting Mullin, Smith and Stanton behind Hamilton.