Banning Children

Empty It

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Weddings are just a kunt of a thing from start to finish anyway. Never mind kids, what about the table plans? Fcuk me, I’m still haunted from mine in 1988 - ‘can’t put Aunt Jean at Table 2 and Aunt Bessie at Table 3, her nose will be out of joint forever… need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other. Where should we sit your cousins coming over from Australia?’

Me… fcuk this, I’m away to the Coca Cola Roller Coaster at the Glasgow Garden Festival. 😜

Never understood this after being privy to all sorts of planning and shuffling for this kind of “problem”, only to see the two groups who apparently hated each other sitting at one table at breakfast happily catching up…

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this tweet generating heated discourse on Twitter, reminded me that there's a thread on this subject on here

Just posted about this on the twitter thread as well.  

These are my favourite responses I saw on twitter. How dare all these child hating, woman hating bigoted incels 😡😡

_20240415_141512.thumb.JPG.69e0818ee0b6768be4175a7b7842ac85.JPG_20240415_141526.thumb.JPG.dff10bd47264a6d0d5accb838bb65424.JPG_20240415_141538.thumb.JPG.34c8daa4b5e825e5de0099039e30aa3c.JPG_20240415_141550.thumb.JPG.0cb01b1d54b33b5e7578b3530e78d185.JPG

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this tweet generating heated discourse on Twitter, reminded me that there's a thread on this subject on here

There’s a boozer on the front in Largs does that; the Olde Anchor IIRC. It’s very civilised and highly recommended. 

//umm, maybe I'm being thick, but in what way does banning children "ban women"? Men are parents too I believe so they could look after the sprog(s) shirley?

5 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Anti childrenism. The last acceptable form of bigotry.

Pretty sure that accolade will go to gingerphobia.

And rightly so. 

(They have no souls you know) 

43 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

//umm, maybe I'm being thick, but in what way does banning children "ban women"? Men are parents too I believe so they could look after the sprog(s) shirley?

I think childcare is more likely to be done by women.

Children ( especially very young ones) aren't a problem, it's the fucking parents.   They let them away with behavior that would have result in a foot up the arse 25 + years ago. the amount of parents who let their kids get up and wander around the place when they're out for a sit down meal is unbelievable. I'd have been telt to sit at peace & quietly too.  I'm not even that old btw!

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Children ( especially very young ones) aren't a problem, it's the fucking parents.   They let them away with behavior that would have result in a foot up the arse 25 + years ago. the amount of parents who let their kids get up and wander around the place when they're out for a sit down meal is unbelievable. I'd have been telt to sit at peace & quietly too.  I'm not even that old btw!

Same issue with the dogs to be fair. Used to be the only dogs you got in pubs/restaurants were clapped out old pensioners dogs who spent the whole time sleeping under a chair, or the pubs own dog who is a bit of a local celebrity. Now everyone brings their stupid, yapping twat of a dog with them everywhere, don't control them and expect us all to find them as enchanting and lovable as they do. 

If pubs do want to allow dogs a general rule shoukd be beer gardens only. I don't stretch this tile to children, I was allowed to run about a beer garden like a wee dick in Scarborough when I was about four and smacked my head off a table and split it open. Lesson learned 

9 minutes ago, southernrover said:

Ban all form of noise in pubs. Children, quizzes, dogs, live music, friends, the lot. When I go for my despressing late night drinking sessions I want to stare blankly into the distance over a pint of stout in perfect silence please.

News: Early Doors Old Tommy Dies says phil mealey.

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Same issue with the dogs to be fair. Used to be the only dogs you got in pubs/restaurants were clapped out old pensioners dogs who spent the whole time sleeping under a chair, or the pubs own dog who is a bit of a local celebrity. Now everyone brings their stupid, yapping twat of a dog with them everywhere, don't control them and expect us all to find them as enchanting and lovable as they do. 

This +++

And extend it to hill walks, the woods, and everywhere else.

10 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

This +++

And extend it to hill walks, the woods, and everywhere else.

Harness the power of shite dugs by building a warehouse full of giant hamster wheels so shite dug owners can take them there, have them run on the wheels to generate electricity and sell it to the National Grid. The owner can nominate 5 people who generally have to put up with their b*****d dug to receive credits against their leccy bill for its service. Extend it to weans anaw.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If pubs do want to allow dogs a general rule shoukd be beer gardens only. I don't stretch this tile to children, I was allowed to run about a beer garden like a wee dick in Scarborough when I was about four and smacked my head off a table and split it open. Lesson learned 

Don’t go to Scarborough?

5 hours ago, GAD said:

Agree, we took ours to a dog friendly pub once after being out a beach walk with them and I don't think they've ever been as nervous apart from going to the vets, wouldn't sit still so we never let them off the lead. We were going to have lunch but just had one drink and then left.