Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

For some reason the picture of the poster hadn't shown up when I was typing my previous reply. They must have produced different versions or my mind is playing tricks on me as I think mine was slightly different. I think that's the Wales one to the right of the logo at the bottom - another stoater. 

I only added the poster after an edit.

The Wales one was indeed impressive.

One of the other strips I got at that time was the Dundee United Adidas "shiny" strip. They were one of the first teams to get that style of strip.

Made the mistake of playing on a blaes pitch and ripped it to f**k.:(

image.png.b70cc6bc3299e13631c64f2bd8ee84b1.png

Edited by FTOF

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Another classic. Better that than your skin. I had grazes from red ash pitches that literally took years for the scars to go. Character building 🙄.

They would probably fail a Health & Safety risk assessment these days.

I remember getting cuts on my knees cleaned by my dad who removed the blaes with a nail brush.<_<

Anyway, nice to have a civilised conversation.

I'm sure the thread will get back to normal soon.:lol:

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

They would probably fail a Health & Safety risk assessment these days.

I remember getting cuts on my knees cleaned by my dad who removed the blaes with a nail brush.<_<

Anyway, nice to have a civilised conversation.

I'm sure the thread will get back to normal soon.:lol:

Ash pitches on a frozen December with a mitre delta mouldmaster ball. Genuinely a form of torture. I remember getting sent out in our boots to break up the ice on the ash pitch as our warm up…. 

I still have scars on my legs from those games. 

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

mitre delta mouldmaster ball. Genuinely a form of torture.

There is no worse sound than that hollow 'shunk' of a mouldmaster skelping your thigh on a cold day followed by the split second between the noise of the ball meeting freezing skin reaching your ears and the pain reaching your brain.

The mouldmaster, I'm pretty sure was originally a weapon designed during some sort of conflict or genocide and remodeled into a tool in teaching 7-14 year olds that sometimes, getting out the way is the best option.

A fucking horrible excuse for a ball if there ever was one.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

There is no worse sound than that hollow 'shunk' of a mouldmaster skelping your thigh on a cold day followed by the split second between the noise of the ball meeting freezing skin reaching your ears and the pain reaching your brain.

The mouldmaster, I'm pretty sure was originally a weapon designed during some sort of conflict or genocide and remodeled into a tool in teaching 7-14 year olds that sometimes, getting out the way is the best option.

💯 they are in Guantanamo firing mouldmasters off the bare arses and thighs of detainees. 

I believe that on 50 years that ball will be in museums alongside thumbscrews and the strap.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

They tell me the weight of the ball hasn’t changed since the rules/laws were laid down many years ago.  The mould master must have got an exception.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

They tell me the weight of the ball hasn’t changed since the rules/laws were laid down many years ago.  The mould master must have got an exception.

It had no redeeming features. It wasn't fun to kick, it made a manky horrible sound, it was heavy, under no circumstances did you want to get in the way of a shot.

I suppose in it's defence, it was durable in the harsh winters but honestly with a loaded gun to your head are you going to say to your pals on an Icy December afternoon on the spare ground to 'bring the mouldmaster'? You'd even rather play with that scabby baw with all the leather patches ripped off and the seams coming away revealing a bit of the inner lining than the mouldmaster.

Just a big, ugly, heavy ungainly cudger of a baw.

6 hours ago, TartanSpecial said:

The only way you can silence this mob is blocking them ya sensitive wee boy 🤣

I think you'll be pretty quiet post-match... 😁 

Anyway, this thread has been derailed. Assuming, of course, that the purpose of the match thread is to troll the opposing fans and then gloat following a victory?  

Given the selection problems Motherwell are facing, I intend to make the most of it.

I hope Dunne's on form... 

World Cup Help GIF by FIFA

To those saying there’s nothing more painful than a wet, cold, heavy Mitre Mouldmaster smacking you in the baws’ on a freezing winter’s day on a blaes pitch in the 1970’s, during school P.E. with you being sent out in sub-zero temperatures while wearing cheap black gutties and wafer-thin shorts and a top….. I was going to suggest reading the St Mirren v Dundee thread again. However, while it was bad, it cannot compare to the Mouldmaster scenario. Been there. Done that. Johnstone High, 1974-1978. Prime era mouldmaster/blaes/get fcuking out there or you’re getting six of it, and it’s Mr Steele, who can really draw it.

Now I could say ‘didn’t do me any harm’…. Anyone got a nail brush handy? Just discovered a bit of embedded blaes in my right leg. Wondered why it was sore.

Edited by pozbaird

10 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think you'll be pretty quiet post-match... 😁 

Anyway, this thread has been derailed. Assuming, of course, that the purpose of the match thread is to troll the opposing fans and then gloat following a victory?  

Given the selection problems Motherwell are facing, I intend to make the most of it.

I hope Dunne's on form... 

World Cup Help GIF by FIFA

It is easy to see that the lad in blue slipped whilst making the challenge. Good choice of clip to show an almost identical challenge. If anything Dunnes was worse and even more cynical. 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

To those saying there’s nothing more painful than a wet, cold, heavy Mitre Mouldmaster smacking you in the baws’ on a freezing winter’s day on a blaes pitch in the 1970’s, during school P.E. with you being sent out in sub-zero temperatures while wearing cheap black gutties and wafer-thin shorts and a top….. I was going to suggest reading the St Mirren v Dundee thread again. However, while it was bad, it cannot compare to the Mouldmaster scenario. Been there. Done that. Johnstone High, 1974-1978. Prime era mouldmaster/blaes/get fcuking out there or you’re getting six of it, and it’s Mr Steele, who can really draw it.

Now I could say ‘didn’t do me any harm’…. Anyone got a nail brush handy? Just discovered a bit of embedded blaes in my right leg. Wondered why it was sore.

Used to play in goals at the old Watsonvile blaes park where the new ASDA is. Nothing like diving about on a frozen near concrete surface, the pain of the toed ball getting smacked off of you, and to add to the experience staving your finger trying to catch the fucker mouldmaster when it was fired at you. Yeah good times....Watsonville also had a nice sprinkling of smashed buckie bottles to avoid as well. Scrubbling out of the grazes was essential given that combo afterwards.

The great Christopher Brookmyre best described the Mitre Mouldmaster in his short piece about playground football.

"The rough-finish Mitre. Half football, half Portuguese Man o' War. On the verge of a ban in the European Court of Human Rights, this model is not for sale to children. Used exclusively by teachers during gym classes as a kind of aversion therapy. Made from highly durable fibre-glass, stuffed with neutron star and coated with dead jellyfish. Advantages: looks quite grown up, makes for high-scoring matches (keepers won't even attempt to catch it). Disadvantages: scars or maims anything it touches."