Raith vs Caley

I am the most delusionally optimistic fan going, however I think this game will see the end of Dodds’ tyranny. I will be surprised if it isn’t a losing margin of 3, 4 or 5. That game at Arbroath at the weekend is quite possibly the worst ICT performance I have ever witnessed and trust me, I have seen some shockers.

I don’t think opposing fans will believe us until they’ve seen it first hand - we are absolutely relegation candidates. The writing has been on the wall for Dodds for a long time. He lost the fan base last year and but for a reprieve from gods in the cup, he would have been binned. 

Any manager whose judgement tells him Wallace Duffy is an acceptable replacement for Robbie Deas deserves to be launched into the Moray Firth.

That said, I will still be there and rushing home to Aberdeen for a weekend of nightshift afterwards😂

On 11/09/2023 at 14:37, Enigma said:

It not been a great start but is it really sacking territory for Dodds already? Seemed like you were doing well last season when not ravaged by injury and he got you a Scottish cup final, which by some accounts probably saved you lot from admin? Deserves a bit of credit for that, no?

Are you one of his media pals? as that's the same shite they come away with.

The team on their own account got us to the SC final.

In a recent game Dodds called one of his players, 'a fuckin amateur', that's his man management style.

And then him and his big idiot pal Gardiner had their pathetic wee in joke by releasing the orange tops on the 12th of July.

Inverness does not want or need their fuckin bigoted sectarianism.

Quite simply put if our front line clicks we win this comfortably in my opinion.

Think it’s a game where with the right service we’ll see Jack Hamilton get his scoring properly on the go. 

I’ll go 5-1 with Hamilton at the double (maybe 3).

Happy to be laughed at if we get pumped and get a player receiving a straight red.

I just think at home we look good for 3 goals a game and this is a rancid ICT side who with a further run of bad games could find themselves rooted at the bottom.

On the squad id love to know where Stanton was last week. I’m aware Watson had a niggle so makes sense he didn’t feature. 
Great to see Connolly back but clear he’s nowhere near ready to be getting any significant game time. 

Vaughan has to play with 3 goals in two. Hamilton must play as outwith scoring he’s a phenomenal focal point and wins so many high balls. 
Easton has found himself unlucky to be on the bench recently but I’d have to play him with his second half performance last week. Add in he and Vaughan have good chemistry on the pitch. Leaves Mullin or Smith for me. Smith for his goals, work rate but I’d suspect Hamilton would prefer Mullins delivery. Comical as it still leaves Stanton, Ross and Gullan on the bench (on the proviso IM continues with Brown and Byrne).

So longs everyone keeps pulling in the right direction as a team then having these selection headaches is a great thing!

If we keep our injury list to a minimal then we are going to have games where you could suggest half a dozen players on the bench are unlucky not to be starting, that’s just mental for us!

As for the game, it’s unfortunate the bookies don’t factor in the cursed voodoo streak as for me we are too skinny a price to get too involved. Anyhoo, confident we will put it all to bed and get the 3pts

13 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Without wanting to fall down a rabbit hole with the next 5 pages discussing sectarianism, was releasing the orange strip on the 12th deliberate or a stupid mistake?

It was deliberate by Gardiner, a Rangers ex office boy and Dodds a bench warmer at Ibrox, a childish attempt to show their sectarian orange allegiance.

We had Terry Butcher as manager, Captain of Rangers and a legend and he would never have pulled such a childish stunt while with us.

What it demonstrates is that we have a couple of fuckin out and out idiots dragging our club down into the gutter.

Edited by SandyCromarty

12 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Without wanting to fall down a rabbit hole with the next 5 pages discussing sectarianism, was releasing the orange strip on the 12th deliberate or a stupid mistake?

If it wasn't deliberate it was incompetent beyond belief.

On 09/09/2023 at 19:55, RiG said:

On the plus side if we get beaten next weekend hopefully it'll mean Dodds will be booted off the bus before we even leave Kirkcaldy. 

Unfortunately, by the sounds of things, The Kraken will rise in the bay and drag the Tulloch out to the sea, to his watery lair...

Have witnessed a lot of these games v Caley but have to go to a family wedding in Yorkshire tomorrow (getting married during the football season should be outlawed)so will miss this one. I confidently predict we'll win comfortably since I'm away.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Some good looking business done by Raith in the summer. Who's been the standout so far this season from your summer recruitment?

Hasnt really been a dud amongst them so far. Not sure we could play the same game without Hamilton up top, Mullin is a really intelligent player with a really good dead ball, Byrne has come in and allowed us to use a more compact midfield pivot but Callum Smith has been outstanding so far - gives us a lot of pace to get in behind that we were missing last year, hard worker and some good goals as well.

Edited by renton