Raith vs Caley

47 minutes ago, RiG said:

Some good looking business done by Raith in the summer. Who's been the standout so far this season from your summer recruitment?

Somewhat surprisingly, Callum Smith. He's a player who I always felt would end up at Rovers, but one who I think most people never really thought was up to much until he joined Airdrie. He really seems to thrive under Murray - last season Airdrie fans said he wasn't as effective but since he signed for us he's been absolutely outstanding. We'd really lacked a player in the final third who can get by the last man, and finish, and we'd usually be left building up to outside the penalty box only for things to fizzle out. Three of his goals (Annan, Hibs and Morton) have come on the back of him using his pace to break through on goal. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Some good looking business done by Raith in the summer. Who's been the standout so far this season from your summer recruitment?

I've really like Callum Smith so far. To be fair none of the players we have signed this Summer look like duds.

Murray has mentioned before that he feels we're "a different animal" this season, and this is probably the second big test of that this season. We've broken our horrendous spell without a win at East End Park, if this one is broken today then I think it'll take the hype up a level even if it is a scrappy 1-0.