Raith vs Caley

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The last time we beat Caley Thistle; the Twin Towers proudly graced the New York skyline, Still Game was only in the early stages of development, Ethan Ross hadn't been born yet, and Greece was still using the Drachma. 

And the Queen Mother was celebrating as not only did she have us as one of her five aways that day, but she began a love-in with Ivan Mballa.

I don’t care when we break the hoodoo I just hope when we do finally win we do it in the most undeserving, shitty, manner possible. As I can’t make the game this is 100% the point at which we do finally do it.

Edited by Enigma

Here we are then, unbeaten and joint top, riding a wave of optimism and at home against the bottom of the table side who haven't yet managed a win. 

Unfortunately that side is ICT... 

There's been a couple of times in recent seasons where the "if we can't beat them now, we never will" line has been trotted out but it seems more relevant than ever this time... 

I would imagine there's been an unwritten rule at ICT for the last 10 years or so that the first manager to lose a league game to us is automatically sacked, so if we can somehow do the unthinkable, Dodds is guaranteed to be emptied you would think. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

16 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Surely to suffering f**k we beat this shower next week? 

16 hours ago, grumswall said:

It's definitely time for us to finally win this fixture. 

15 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

There’s been a few games recently where we should’ve taken all 3 points. The two identical injury time conceded goals stick out.

We look the best we have in years with ICT looking a shambles. Our home form is becoming consistently good also.

If our front line click I think we can serve them a pumping. 

13 hours ago, pub car king said:

If we beat these and burst the hoodoo we are going up. 

Yes but............what if Dodds gets emptied tomorrow?

So Rovers unbeaten and joint top of the league playing great football and everyone is just going well. ICT absolutely imploding having a nightmare and bottom of the league. 

🤔 Rovers 1-2 ICT.  Come on we all know it’s coming death, taxes and ICT ridding us sideways are the certainties in life. 

Actually if can’t finally win this can we just not bother playing and just toss a coin for all future matches, heads 3 points to Caley tails 1 point each.  Would save both teams traveling. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

40 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Actually if can’t finally win this can we just not bother playing and just toss a coin for all future matches, heads 3 points to Caley tails 1 point each.  Would save both teams traveling. 

The sad thing is if we'd been doing that for the last 20 years we'd probably have picked up more points than we've actually managed through playing the matches. Just accept 2 draws and 2 defeats per season and move on...

28 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Crazy to think about what the world has seen since we last beat this mob, however I was up there when Didier scored a peach so it can be done

Me too. Our first match against them and we followed it up with 4 wins and a draw in the next 5. After that, not so good.. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Me too. Our first match against them and we followed it up with 4 wins and a draw in the next 5. After that, not so good.. 

Happy days, pretty sure we were the only team outside the arse cheeks they hadn't beat at that time, how things change 🤣

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I cannot for the life of me think why 🤔😄

Can’t quite put my finger on it myself :lol:  The 3-2 game a few seasons back where Logan Chalmers scored twice and you had 2 men sent off was fantastic viewing, Colin Steven had a shocker that day (and has had numerous since). 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Can’t quite put my finger on it myself :lol:  The 3-2 game a few seasons back where Logan Chalmers scored twice and you had 2 men sent off was fantastic viewing, Colin Steven had a shocker that day (and has had numerous since). 

I'm still fucking fuming about that game now.