Raith vs Caley

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Quite surprised Easton drops out, given he had a blinder in the second half while Stanton didn't feature at all last week. 

I’m starting to feel IM has a bigger plan here, probably more about matchups. I don’t know what it is he’s fiddling with, but there is very likely some method to the “madness”. JMcG tried to do this and it tended to backfire in spectacular fashion, we’ll see how this all plays out. By the second time through the League we’ll probably be able to look at lineups and see if he’s promoting matchups.

Smith and Vaughan are in the side to be supporting forwards, but positionally they look like wingers today. Not getting anywhere near close enough to Hamilton, but not doing winger-y things either. That factor alone is stopping us getting any traction beyond the halfway line. I'd be looking to Mullin at half time and going a bit lop-sided, see if we can't up the supply and move the game ten yards further up the park.