SMFC v HMFC

Think Hearts having a week's training under Naismith with no Europe or International break should see us perform better than we have away from home so far this season. I'd expect to see Hoff in for Haring but the same side apart from that assuming Oda is available. St Mirren are clearly full of confidence and continue to be a very organised side under Robinson so this is a tough game no doubt about that. If Hearts win this I'd expect us to be ahead of St Mirren fairly quickly but if it goes the other way then it could be a couple of months, given the upcoming fixtures. So a big match. On balance I just think we might edge this one, I think there is a pressure on to start showing way more consistency and I suspect the players are being told in no uncertain terms that turning it on once a month is unacceptable. I'm expecting a positive start after last weeks win. I'll go 2-1 Hearts. 

Edited by Hendricks

18 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Think Hearts having a week's training under Naismith with no Europe or International break should see us perform better than we have away from home so far this season. I'd expect to see Hoff in for Haring but the same side apart from that assuming Oda is available. St Mirren are clearly full of confidence and continue to be a very organised side under Robinson so this is a tough game no doubt about that. If Hearts win this I'd expect us to be ahead of St Mirren fairly quickly but if it goes the other way then it could be a couple of months, given the upcoming fixtures. So a big match. On balance I just think we might edge this one, I think there is a pressure on to start showing way more consistency and I suspect the players are being told in no uncertain terms that turning it on once a month is unacceptable. I'm expecting a positive start after last weeks win. I'll go 2-1 Hearts. 

This was my thinking, it would've been better to get Hearts after a European tie. We got Hibs and Aberdeen after European games though, so can't get everyone.

We're a tough nut to crack at home though. I think it'll be a tight game, draw or Saints by the odd goal would be my guess.

These games are always hard to predict, especially with us at home. They are always well contested between the both os us.

We have kept our home as a bit of a  fortress since last season, so Hearts certainly won't be in for an easy ride. Our levels have been unbelievable and I believe if we can reach the same levels as we have so far, we should get the result we are looking for.

Our depth upfront is something we haven't had for a long time. The boy Nahmani can't get in the starting lineup and also from the bench and he was tipped as being a coup. 

Unfortunately not making it on Saturday due to other commitments, though will be keeping an eye on the score.

COYS

If we do what we do when we're bad - move the ball slowly and allow tge opposotion to sit in and pick us off on the turnover - then we'll likely lose (or at best go behind and have to salvage a draw).

If we're quick and positive we have the attackers to win the game.

Over to Naismith

I think this will be a terrific game. We come out the traps flying - and there's not been much teams can do about it. Wasteful finishing has been most to blame for us not taking bigger leads in several games.

But it's hard work playing like that and we tire. BTTS absolute banker.

Refreshing that we go into any home game now genuinely confident that odds are in our favour to win or at least get a draw.

For years and years, the expectation vs bigger teams was that we'd huff and puff and go a goal down then huff and puff creating nothing before getting picked off again late on.

The fact that this is now the exception rather than the norm is immensely satisfying. Not matter how underwhelming the away record (as we saw most of last season), a team with a good home record won't generally trouble the bottom of the league and as ever, that is always first priority in a season given how quickly things can spiral from a poor start.

Edited by djchapsticks

43 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think this will be a terrific game. We come out the traps flying - and there's not been much teams can do about it. Wasteful finishing has been most to blame for us not taking bigger leads in several games.

But it's hard work playing like that and we tire. BTTS absolute banker.

Yeah, Aberdeen a few weeks back springs to mind. Should have been out of sight in the first half before they surprisingly took the lead through a freak goal.

12 hours ago, Hannibal Smith said:

😂

To be fair, in virtually every game this season there has been a spell where we have run the opposition ragged. 

I don't see us doing that over the full 90 mins on Saturday (or indeed any game) but I would expect there will be times in the game where we put you under a fair bit of pressure. We did in every game against you last season, if I remember correctly. I just hope we make the pressure pay, as your forward line is a lot more clinical than ours. 

Edited by houston_bud

This will be a massive test for us. Having beaten Hibs at Easter Road, and been very unfortunate not to take all three points against Aberdeen, if we do the business against the Jambos we will clearly have demonstrated our credentials and capability to finish in the top four

I believe we have nearly sold out the ground, too. 

A great time to be a Buddie. 

COYS!

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

When did they stop letting you park on Murray Street mate?

Apparently always been the case but its bollocks. Renfrewshire Council are 100% at it and as per usual, being money grabbing scumbags. Unfortunately, football fans are low-hanging fruit so they'll send wardens out on occasion to boost the coffers. 

Arseholes.

There really is no reason to have these parking restrictions in place. The rules and signs have been in place since the stadium opened but it was the last home game that caused a good few cars getting tickets. 

As long as people don’t park across local residents driveways I really don’t see an issue. 

Fcuking stupid rules. 

When the bigot brothers come to town please don’t inform those cnuts. 

No doubt no ticketing takes place then or police taking action against scum supporters pissing in the street while boozing on Buckfast at 11am.

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

There really is no reason to have these parking restrictions in place. The rules and signs have been in place since the stadium opened but it was the last home game that caused a good few cars getting tickets. 

As long as people don’t park across local residents driveways I really don’t see an issue. 

Fcuking stupid rules. 

When the bigot brothers come to town please don’t inform those cnuts. 

No doubt no ticketing takes place then or police taking action against scum supporters pissing in the street while boozing on Buckfast at 11am.

Our next home game is against the blue bigots on a Sunday, so it will be parking as normal i suspect. 

At least there's a heads up this time. On the handful of occasions they've pulled this shite in the past, it's come as a surprise to folk coming out of the ground to find their cars ticketed in a spot where they've always parked without issue.

I wonder if they have any suggestions to where people should park.  Seems like it's empty streets that are off limits, leading to extra traffic in streets where people actually live.