Queen's Park vs Ayr - Friday Night Fitba'!

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yer man who ran on at Ochilview after the Ayr winner will be getting tasered if he attempts similar at Hampden. Handheld body scanners at the famously tense Queen’s Park v Dunfermline fixture last weekend. 

Aye pal, if you've had a hip replacement you're no gettin' in!

Sniffer dogs at Ayr, metal detectors at QP, what has this league become?

52 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yer man who ran on at Ochilview after the Ayr winner will be getting tasered if he attempts similar at Hampden. Handheld body scanners at the famously tense Queen’s Park v Dunfermline fixture last weekend. 

Folk that get a stauner over security have been allowed too much power and should be brought back to the level of oddball virgin that they belong at.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Folk that get a stauner over security have been allowed too much power and should be brought back to the level of oddball virgin that they belong at.  

It’s mental. Can’t remember ever seeing anything approaching serious disorder in all my years of going to games. Can also think of very few examples of stewards getting involved in anything and not needlessly provoking a reaction or escalating an absolutely nothing situation. 

5 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Aye pal, if you've had a hip replacement you're no gettin' in!

Sniffer dogs at Ayr, metal detectors at QP, what has this league become?

One of the Pars fans has a prosthetic leg and managed to get in on Saturday so plastic hip shouldn’t be an issue!

Absolutely batshit to have such measures when the crowd is <2000 and the fans are absolutely miles from each other, with not the slightest rivalry between the two teams.

There was literally more security for Queen’s Park vs Dunfermline than I faced going to any Scotland match at Hampden.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There was literally more security for Queen’s Park vs Dunfermline than I faced going to any Scotland match at Hampden.

Spot on and my major gripe. I walked into the Scotland game v England unsearched and then had to have the terrorist wand rubbed all over me on Saturday. 

This pish is just for show. Cast your mind back to the Old Firm's League Cup final in March; all the flares made the place look like Hiroshima. How do guys get these things in if there is the same level of security at QP v Dunfermline? Answer is, of course, there isn't.

Unless they're' hidden in prosthetic legs.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Spot on and my major gripe. I walked into the Scotland game v England unsearched and then had to have the terrorist wand rubbed all over me on Saturday. 

This pish is just for show. Cast your mind back to the Old Firm's League Cup final in March; all the flares made the place look like Hiroshima. How do guys get these things in if there is the same level of security at QP v Dunfermline? Answer is, of course, there isn't.

The 'terrorist wand' is just a metal detector is it not?  I've had it at all the Scotland games in the current and last campaigns.  That's how they found my tonic wine at the Ireland game :lol:

I'll no be sharing the shop that I can buy this from but: 

Screenshot_20230921-081217.thumb.png.e68a43a3dfa665971b06b0f4791aa1cd.png

That appears to just be made of hard plastics. 

Our unsafety guy will probably have been in touch suggesting police robot dogs with laser eyes for the away end security.  

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Absolutely.  Most of the trouble is caused by 2 clubs but I bet that they don't get searched like we do.

I see the Ayr fans are in sections P4 and P5 of the stand (I.e to the left of the home support closer to the corner) rather than over the other side like the Dunfermline fans were on Saturday.

Basically back to what it used to be like which is disappointing for both set of fans 

Edited by Spider Rico

20 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I see the Ayr fans are in sections P4 and P5 of the stand (I.e to the left of the home support closer to the corner) rather than over the other side like the Dunfermline fans were on Saturday.

Basically back to what it used to be like which is disappointing for both set of fans 

Separate turnstiles should make things a wee bit better than they otherwise would have been in the past. The time we put Thistle up the same end and didn’t open any extra turnstiles was some laugh. Took about five times as long as a sold out game at Hampden to get in. 

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

There will be blood...

19 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Well we do need to get the Ayr end of Hampden.