Partick vs Pars

Brutal. A penalty in the first half may have changed the picture but the reality is that this defence (as it is) isn't really good enough for this league.

Thought second half was a bit of a throwback to season 21/22 tbh, confidence totally shot and reflected in our inability to create any sort of chance.

Fair enough to Thistle though, certainly wouldn't have taken much to beat us but got the job done. Certainly think we need to taper our expectations for the rest of the season, at least until Bene/Breen are back. Defence doesn't look the same without them.

First half was fairly even but I think we deserved to be ahead. However, it could’ve easily been 2-2. Second half was comfortable and we brushed Dunfermline aside.

Was impressed with McInroy (MOTM for me) in a deeper role and Robinson was good in front of him. Whole team played well.

The boy Fisher at the back for Dunfermline looks absolutely dreadful. They look pretty toothless upfront and I can’t see Wighton or Jakubiak getting double figures.

Edited by Reid

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Brian Graham on the pitch and moaning about getting booked for kicking the ball away - pretty much an automatic booking - and he's not the biggest arsehole in yellow and red. Takes some doing, like.

FB_IMG_1693143200179.jpg.028bf6b8f36a12ae9316c55d00762592.jpg

27 minutes ago, Reid said:

The boy Fisher at the back for Dunfermline looks absolutely dreadful. They look pretty toothless upfront and I can’t see Wighton or Jakubiak getting double figures.

Unsure why he has been picked given a fair few were equally as bad. Fisher has actually been very good on the whole until today. Today was just a complete disaster (well, second half anyway) Thistle won’t get an easier result and it fucking boils my piss when your own players chuck goals away when nothing was separating the teams. Exact same thing against Raith. 

McPake needs to get back to the drawing board and get the bare basics sorted from this lot. You don’t get away with it in the Championship. 

Odd how comfortable that ended up being, first half we were maybe a bit better but could easilly have been 1-0 down from that free header, thought Ngwenya did pretty well at RB but did get caught under the ball for that one. After the Arbroath debacle theres every chance the heads would have dropped a bit if we'd conceded, pleased to get a clean sheet, Neilson and Sneddon good composure/focus throughout. Could see Dunfermline get shakier and shakier as the 2nd half went on, misplaced passes, heavier touches, noone wanting the ball at their feet etc.

Graham's goal a bit of a howler from the keeper, but Fitzpatrick deserved some reward for his effort.

Completely killed the game off. We were confident playing out from the back whereas the Pars struggled a bit, dont think their keeper is the best at launching the ball from the deck.

That Pars free kick from the edge of the area nearly hitting the roof of the North Stand probably a good snapshot of how the game went for them.

Pars left back generally did well up against Lawless tbf, Ngwenya pretty diligent with getting up to help him put and stretch Dunfermline.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

We gave up massive gaps in the midfield, both offensively and defensively. At times a lot of our players seemed unsure who was supposed to be going where and who was picking up whom. Disjointed would be generous to us.

Felt Dunfermline ran out of ideas after their little spell towards the end of the 1st half. Hard to see from JLS stand so either it was good saves or we just got lucky (felt lucky tbh). 

Unless we go up, I’m enjoying McInroy before he inevitably moves on to bigger and better things. 

Pleasing result and even more pleasing performance and attitude given our abberation against Arbroath last week .

Played well as a team with pass marks all round.MOTM for me wee Stevie who, despite his missed sitter in first half, never stopped and was a constant pain in the bahookey for the Pars.

Also impressed by Ngwentya at right back filling in impressively for a missing Jack MacMillian .

Still feel central defence needs tightening up,however,again a big improvement on last week and looking for continuing upward form .

I thought thistle were excellent today so fair play. Fitzpatrick, Lawless and McInroy totally ran the show. I thought the first half was fairly even although we got cut open too often by thistle.

The second half was completely one way traffic and probably our worst half under McPake. Otoo and Fisher are really meant to play either side of a bigger defender and today highlighted why, the squad is really thin with all the injuries and we really miss a ball carrier in central midfield such as Summers/Todd. Hamilton and Chalmers were so far off the game today but we couldn't bring them off. 

Special mention to the Matt Hancock looking referee and slender man linesman who were both horrendous. 

Bad day at the office, really bad. As soon as we we heard Summers wasn’t in the squad I wanted to turn back. I thought he’d be the difference. Unfortunately when you add him to the other first team starters that are injured it was always going to be a tough ask.

I didn’t think we deserved to go in a goal down. Thistle scored but I felt we had a decent chunk of the play and in fact when they scored it was against the run of play. Second half was a different ball game, we didn’t turn up. My mate said “if Sam Fisher puts the ball out with a diagonal pass again I’m leaving” and within about three minutes he did just that, and we left.

Not often under McPake have I seen us so gutless but today was exactly that. 

Thistle weren’t anything special but didn’t have to be, we weren’t at the battle. Two possibly three penalties denied in the first half, ref and his main stand linesman were absolutely atrocious.

Bad day, move on.

Edited by The Toun Clock

One of the penalty claims looked so-so, but one was a stonewaller. Stuff that changes a game for you, but I’m not making excuses. That second half today was a shambles. Need to turn a corner pronto.