Queens v Stirling

On a more positive note. BET365 havent cottoned on to how fucking abysmal we are (even with someone from their company in attendance) and 10 minutes in were giving 11/5 on Stirling. So at least I technically watched that shitshow for free today and my Chinese is paid for. 

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Not disagreeing that the model adopted by Queens could be wrong. But it could also be that they’ve had a succession of dud managers in the last 6 years.

Absolutely. But from AJ's second spell until now you could play me a video of any of those sides and I'd struggle to tell the styles apart. Makes you wonder if this is just what the lowest paying FT wages will get you in Scottish football. 

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I feel that just lambasting poor Marv is not the answer. I think the cause of our 6 year malaise may lie deeper and be more fundamental.

Perhaps, but that doesn't absolve him of all responsibility either.

He's assembled a pretty weak group of players

It felt like a bit of a nothing match for most of it, but Stirling were the better side and they deserved the win.

They threatened more than we did all afternoon.  I'd like to see their first disallowed one again.  I think it might have been close.

Our players are certainly no better than the part-time ones they're coming up against.  In many cases, they're poorer.  It all feels terribly directionless right now.

(Wow it's a while since I logged in here)

I went along to this one as I needed a football fix and it's a while since I saw a match live, and it really was 90 minutes of my life I won't get back. A draw would've been fair but it's also hard to argue with the result as Stirling created the better of the limited chances. I thought both teams were pretty poor but Queens especially created very, very little. Lots of hopeful balls punted forward to no-one in particular and just a lack of quality across the board - the No 7 kind of summed it up, running around a lot but not doing anything even in good positions.

Can't comment much on the manager but I saw lots of fighting talk in the programme about chasing Hamilton and Falkirk, but they don't look anywhere close.

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

I feel that just lambasting poor Marv is not the answer. I think the cause of our 6 year malaise may lie deeper and be more fundamental.

Lambasting poor Marv.is not the answer .I take it you are blaming the board for giving Marv a good full time budget and giving him everything he asked for .

It is Marv recruitment that has been awful he is 100% to blame .

I really hope he can turn it round but if anything we are getting worse not better .

27 minutes ago, Lin1876 said:

Can't comment much on the manager but I saw lots of fighting talk in the programme about chasing Hamilton and Falkirk, but they don't look anywhere close.

That is the equivalent of me saying I’m going to give Usain Bolt a 30m start in a 100m sprint. 

Absolutely wild. 

35 minutes ago, Lin1876 said:

Christ, was he really coming out with rubbish like that?

He's not helping himself.

8 minutes ago, Artemis said:

The league is a marathon not a sprint. :lol:

Every year we're fast out of the blocks and waste little time charging straight into mediocrity, effectively ending each season by mid October, but we the fans still have to endure a marathon 6 or 7 months of 💩 until it all ends officially.

So a marathon and a sprint, I suppose.

Right let's be honest, Stirling thoroughly deserved their win. They showed how to defend a lead. To a man and as a team they put bodies on the line to block crosses and shots something we very seldom do. They were far more aggressive and just wanted it more than us.

For me some players have already showed they should be nowhere near getting on the pitch wearing a Queens top. How we started with Ambrose, Todd and Gibson on the bench, Bartley only knows.

Bartley picks the team, formation and I'm assuming tells them how to play. For the second week running he fielded a very young inexperienced  team and it showed.

It's now past the point of fancy talk, if Annan get the better of us in 2 weeks we could be sitting second bottom!

Thanks Marv and goodbye, watch the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out.