Queens v Stirling

We are truly fucking woeful. Yet again any neutral watching would think the opposition are the side going for promotion. Stirling been the more aggressive side taking the game to us constantly. Thankfully we've not been just as terrible at the back; should be a bit better now that Swagger McClelland is hooked as well. 

We've offered next to nothing going forward yet somehow managed the best chance of the game when our star player Walker decided to show up for a second or two to miss a chance that looked harder not to put away. 

Stirling must really fancy getting the 3 points here. If we don't get a grip we're losing this. Get one of Fergusson or Johnstone off for Todd. It's bad enough having one CM doing f**k all, 2 is beyond a joke. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Would help if you gave the line up tbf. 

Sorry I was in shock, anyway it's not right anyway as Todd is on the bench but not on the team lines!

Anyway we're lucky to be going in all square.

Stirling had 2 goals cancelled for offside. ,

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We are truly fucking woeful. Yet again any neutral watching would think the opposition are the side going for promotion. Stirling been the more aggressive side taking the game to us constantly. Thankfully we've not been just as terrible at the back; should be a bit better now that Swagger McClelland is hooked as well. 

We've offered next to nothing going forward yet somehow managed the best chance of the game when our star player Walker decided to show up for a second or two to miss a chance that looked harder not to put away. 

Stirling must really fancy getting the 3 points here. If we don't get a grip we're losing this. Get one of Fergusson or Johnstone off for Todd. It's bad enough having one CM doing f**k all, 2 is beyond a joke. 

It’s taken you a while but I think reality is finally hitting you - Bartley is totally out of his depth and his tactics, selection and recruitment have been awful. The BOD have put their faith in him, given him an extended contract and reasonably good backing in terms of a L1 budget. If he is left in place there has to be a chance that he could take us into the bottom 2. Problem is that he has recruited such an inept squad of players it is debatable if anyone else could do much better in short term. This is the big problem at this level when we give “untried novices” an extended contract. 

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It’s taken you a while but I think reality is finally hitting you - Bartley is totally out of his depth and his tactics, selection and recruitment have been awful. The BOD have put their faith in him, given him an extended contract and reasonably good backing in terms of a L1 budget. If he is left in place there has to be a chance that he could take us into the bottom 2. Problem is that he has recruited such an inept squad of players it is debatable if anyone else could do much better in short term. This is the big problem at this level when we give “untried novices” an extended contract. 

I wasn’t there today but still 5 key players out injured. Give him a chance to turn it around in the next quarter. Very disappointing start though. We must have the worse home form of any club in Britain over the last 3 years

10 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I wasn’t there today but still 5 key players out injured. Give him a chance to turn it around in the next quarter. Very disappointing start though. We must have the worse home form of any club in Britain over the last 3 years

What reason do you have to believe he can turn it around?

He has no track record to speak of.

11 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

He won’t turn it round - the squad is so poor and he is a novice who is out of his depth. These results and performances in L1 are woeful. It is back to the 90s when the team was unwatchable.

Unless he walks the unexpired contract will keep him in place but at what cost?

9 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

We had a series of rookie managers and all ended in varying degrees of failure. Very few seem to succeed. I sometimes wonder if the few who do succeed, are the one's who go against the prevailing "wisdom"  they hear when going for their coaching badges? 

Anyway, delighted to get 3 points out of this and best wishes Queens for the rest of the season.

I like QoS as a club, loved watching dobbie play and the fans are generally really positive contributors to this site.

Having said all of that really worried for you guys under Bartley. Hadn't followed him much till I watched his interview post the 1-0 loss at Falkirk. Said at the time he came across as absolutely deluded. The stats on that game really didn't back what he was saying up (and everyone else witnessed). Hate managers that don't call the game as it is. Doesn't surprise me he's lost the 3 or 4 games since. He's in denial 

25 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

He won’t turn it round - the squad is so poor and he is a novice who is out of his depth. These results and performances in L1 are woeful. It is back to the 90s when the team was unwatchable.

Unless he walks the unexpired contract will keep him in place but at what cost?

I'm past the point of thinking the manager is the issue tbh. This has been the exact same shite for about 5/6 years now under various managers. Who do you think could come in now and improve our fortunes? I think the book needs to be torn up and start again. If this useless shower is the best we can afford with the FT wages on offer then I'm afraid we need to be looking to go down a different path. Going to Palmerston has become a chore for years now. Very little for hardcore supporters to cheer about so what chance have we got of getting new fans through the door? 

Hybrid or PT may seem like a negative move but give me that Stirling Albion squad over ours every day of the week. They weren't oozing quality all over the park but they fought for every ball, were well organised and looked like they gave a f**k. Our players effort and determination was summed up perfectly by that charlatan Harvey Walker about 10 minutes into the second half: the ball was up in the air dropping in his direction and he made no effort to move towards the ball. He looked like he'd prefer the ball to have been anywhere else. Complete and utter shitebag. An 18 year Lewis Gibson is the only thing worth visiting Palmerston for the now and he only gets 15 minutes today - doing more in that time than the majority did the rest of the game. 

I'm not defending Bartley (and I don't think anyone involved in that show today can be defended) but I really don't think a new manager is the answer. It'll cost us almost 2 years worth of wages you'd imagine and are there any realistic targets out there who are going to turn it around for us?