Queens v Stirling

On 03/10/2023 at 09:56, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Going into a room and then thinking "what did I come in here to get?" must be about the most common senior moment I reckon. 

It's actually quite rare for me to arrive in a room, whilst fully  equipped with a clue as to the purpose of the visit.

I often find myself entering a turnstile at a football stadium and asking myself why do I do this ... and keep doing this for 50 years ... I haven't come up with a plausible answer yet ...

23 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I often find myself entering a turnstile at a football stadium and asking myself why do I do this ... and keep doing this for 50 years ... I haven't come up with a plausible answer yet ...

Because they won't let you in via the gate? 

This is a big game for Queens but it's a massive game for Bartley. We need to stop this loosing run and get back to putting points on the board.

If we don’t win this I wouldn’t be surprised if Bartley walked. It’ll be difficult for him to do his media job and comment on how other teams are playing and what they should be doing when his own team are being beaten every week. Not to mention his own self-esteem.

I personally think we need to get back to basics. Not sure how far down the road some are with regards to returning from injury but with Mimnaugh now sadly ruled out for the season I would like to see a starting lineup of.

Stone

Houston, Brydon, Ambrose, Church

McKechnie Cochrane, Todd, Gibson,

Doherty, Reilly

Our form especially at home has been horrific, it's time to get back to winning ways and back into the play-off chase.

Edited by bod

48 minutes ago, bod said:

If we don’t win this I wouldn’t be surprised if Bartley walked. It’ll be difficult for him to do his media job and comment on how other teams are playing and what they should be doing when his own team are being beaten every week. Not to mention his own self-esteem.

It would be even more difficult for him to just throw away nearly 2 years worth of wages. Not a chance he'll walk. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It would be even more difficult for him to just throw away nearly 2 years worth of wages. Not a chance he'll walk. 

These guys aren't all about the money, they have ego's and reputations they value!

1 hour ago, bod said:

These guys aren't all about the money, they have ego's and reputations they value!

He'll have a mortgage to pay ... he ain't walking away from a regular income without being pushed first ...

4 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Big game for us too

Been a while now since we won.

Not sure if any of the injured players from last week will ve back. That would certainly help.

I'd probably be happy with a draw

Only proper diddy teams come to Palmerston these days hoping for a point. It’s about the easiest ground in Britain to come and get points from. If you leave with nothing you will join an elite band of diddy donkies to have left Palmerston pointless. 

5 hours ago, bod said:

I'm not sure walking away from a club after 5 defeats in a row would do his reputation or apparent ego any good either. I'm sure his common sense outdoes both of those things. 

6 hours ago, bod said:

Marv won’t walk away. He is learning and like all of us hurting but will come good. it would be insanity for either party to even think about parting company this early in the journey. 

Queens will win comprehensively tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, bod said:

This is a big game for Queens but it's a massive game for Bartley. We need to stop this loosing run and get back to putting points on the board.

I personally think we need to get back to basics. Not sure how far down the road some are with regards to returning from injury but with Mimnaugh now sadly ruled out for the season I would like to see a starting lineup of.

Stone

Houston, Brydon, Ambrose, Church

McKechnie Cochrane, Todd, Gibson,

Doherty, Reilly

Our form especially at home has been horrific, it's time to get back to winning ways and back into the play-off chase.

McKechnie, Todd and Reilly must be slight doubts for being fit for tomorrow, also Brydon and Church have been rushed back before they're really ready so hopefully won't break down. Even if McKechnie is fit I'd rather see Gibson moved to the right and Walker starting on the left. As for Bartley's position job wise, I think we need a dose of reality, he's not been able to field his strongest team at all this season, we're just a quarter way through the season, I'd be asking questions about his future when we get to the half way stage and we're still a couple of places outside the play-off positions. Despite his coaching and playing experience we kind of knew it was a gamble taking on someone with no actual Managerial experience, I'm happy to see him given a decent amount of time to try and get us going in the right direction. 

15 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Marv won’t walk away. He is learning and like all of us hurting but will come good. it would be insanity for either party to even think about parting company this early in the journey. 

Queens will win comprehensively tomorrow. 

Agree with the first part, not so sure about the end part. It would be nice to see a competent, decisive display with a few goals so us supporters can relax a bit, but I doubt we are capable of overrunning any team at the moment. As long as we score one more goal than the opposition I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

Yeah any team can go on a bad run.

Nothing wrong with your post in general (agree with it) ... but by Christ if you knew how honking our home form has been, and for some several years now ... it's a whole new definition of "bad run" ...

5 hours ago, Artemis said:

How do Queens work out that the away fans are in the east section of the stand? That stand runs broadly north to south, so they’re in the south section (which is actually slightly further west than the home section). It should either be the south section or the south west section. 
Not an important point but they’d be as well getting it right in case an away fan shows up with a compass.

Not sure if this is a new way of indicating where home and away fans will be located, I thought they usually just said what Stand and Sections of the Stand they would be situated in. I can lend the person responsible for writing he infio my old orienteering compass if they want so they know which direction is which

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

McKechnie, Todd and Reilly must be slight doubts for being fit for tomorrow, also Brydon and Church have been rushed back before they're really ready so hopefully won't break down. Even if McKechnie is fit I'd rather see Gibson moved to the right and Walker starting on the left. As for Bartley's position job wise, I think we need a dose of reality, he's not been able to field his strongest team at all this season, we're just a quarter way through the season, I'd be asking questions about his future when we get to the half way stage and we're still a couple of places outside the play-off positions. Despite his coaching and playing experience we kind of knew it was a gamble taking on someone with no actual Managerial experience, I'm happy to see him given a decent amount of time to try and get us going in the right direction. 

Agree with all that!