Queens v Stirling

12 minutes ago, bod said:

Right let's be honest, Stirling thoroughly deserved their win. They showed how to defend a lead. To a man and as a team they put bodies on the line to block crosses and shots something we very seldom do. They were far more aggressive and just wanted it more than us.

For me some players have already showed they should be nowhere near getting on the pitch wearing a Queens top. How we started with Ambrose, Todd and Gibson on the bench, Bartley only knows.

Bartley picks the team, formation and I'm assuming tells them how to play. For the second week running he fielded a very young inexperienced  team and it showed.

It's now past the point of fancy talk, if Annan get the better of us in 2 weeks we could be sitting second bottom!

Thanks Marv and goodbye, watch the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out.

Need some wins but the last line is palpably ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I very much enjoyed QOS making clear that tickets couldn't be bought using cash only for the food kiosks inside the ground to be cash only. What a laugh.

I don't think we've ever said tickets can't be bought with cash. 

There's no cash at the turnstiles but then there's no way to buy at the turnstile with any form of payment. 

17 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I don't think we've ever said tickets can't be bought with cash. 

There's no cash at the turnstiles but then there's no way to buy at the turnstile with any form of payment. 

So if I can't buy with cash at the turnstiles and I have to buy a ticket online... then it's fair to say I can't buy with cash?

17 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

So if I can't buy with cash at the turnstiles and I have to buy a ticket online... then it's fair to say I can't buy with cash?

You could pay with Cash. We travelled down from Dunblane, popped into the QOS Arena and paid with Cash and they printed us off an eTicket. Took 1 minute and was no hassle at all

I went to the QoS Arena and they had tickets printed off already to pay with cash. It's a bit mad that they only sell tickets at one far corner of the ground (literally as far away as they could be coming from the town centre), but I'm the sentimentalist who's sad that proper tickets died with the pandemic, so what do I know.

Re the manager comments, he was talking about being 13 points behind Falkirk and Hamilton and needing to make that up, though that's barely any less delusional.

25 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Who said you had to buy online? There's a ticket office that accepts cash and cards. 

I'll admit I missed that there was an option to buy at the ground (albeit not at the turnstile). However, this was the quote: "Queen of the South would prefer fans to buy e-tickets in advance for this match."

So it's certainly fair to say QOS push a cash-less system and then only allowed cash inside the ground. I wasn't the only fan who found this confusing (and ultimately was unable to buy anything). Also confusing - having a segregation of fans only to direct away fans to the home end for food.

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Been unlucky with injuries too but we do lack physical presence and experience 

I'm not totally up to speed on Queen of the South's injury problems, but the Stirling team today was missing 3 of 4 starting midfield players (Moore, Davidson, Leitch). On top of that, Hilson and Carrick - two key attacking players - started on the bench after coming back from injuries (I suspect Hilson was only named in the squad to fill a jersey), and the defence was without a regular in the form of Adam Cummins. 

Maybe your problems are much more chronic than ours, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd like to see their first disallowed one again.  I think it might have been close.

It was Exactly that - Close. 

Watched back our footage and there will be arguments for both on and off. Taking my unbiast opinion away - I think it's a poor call from the linesman.

Highlight hopefully out tomorrow evening/Monday. 

36 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I'll admit I missed that there was an option to buy at the ground (albeit not at the turnstile). However, this was the quote: "Queen of the South would prefer fans to buy e-tickets in advance for this match."

So it's certainly fair to say QOS push a cash-less system and then only allowed cash inside the ground. I wasn't the only fan who found this confusing (and ultimately was unable to buy anything). Also confusing - having a segregation of fans only to direct away fans to the home end for food.

I think most clubs that have online ticketing would prefer fans to buy online in advance, it's much easier all round. 

You're right, though, only having cash inside the ground is pretty daft. Unfortunately, the catering is all outsourced, so it's down to the caterers to provide card payment facilities. It's also not consistent, as you can pay by card in the main stand. 

46 minutes ago, Raving On said:

I'm not totally up to speed on Queen of the South's injury problems, but the Stirling team today was missing 3 of 4 starting midfield players (Moore, Davidson, Leitch). On top of that, Hilson and Carrick - two key attacking players - started on the bench after coming back from injuries (I suspect Hilson was only named in the squad to fill a jersey), and the defence was without a regular in the form of Adam Cummins. 

Maybe your problems are much more chronic than ours, but I doubt it.

We are missing Reilly, Connelly, Todd (only fit for the bench), Mimnaugh and  McGuffie. Church and Brydon are just back from injury last week. I missed today but assume McClellend went off injured today ? 

They couldn’t possibly all start for us as too many similar type players but it’s fair to say we are definitely having a crisis of sorts especially in midfield. 

Hopefully Reilly and Todd back for Annan or I fear the worst for that game too. 

Edited by Broony88

2 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I very much enjoyed QOS making clear that tickets couldn't be bought using cash only for the food kiosks inside the ground to be cash only. What a laugh.

We're a mickey mouse club in all departments, unfortunately.

There should be a cash at turnstile option.

Absotutely loved my trip to Dumfries today.

Home fans made us really welcome, so kudas for that.

As for the game, I'm biased, so I think we edged it 🤣

Have to say, loved every minute of the trip today. 

Edited by StewartyMac

7 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Absotutely loved my trip to Dumfries today.

Home fans made us really welcome, so kudas for that.

As for the game, I'm biased, so I think we edged it 🤣

Have to say, loved every minute of the trip today. 

Don't really think there's much argument that you deserved the win. Glad you enjoyed the day.