Queens v Stirling

Have just watched the goal highlights, good build up from us and a nice finish from McGregor. Ewan Wilson looks to be back useful signing.

If I was a Queens fan, I would be livid with that defending. Not a single player even attempted a tackle at any point in the build up, number 8 (I think) particularly shitebagging.

28 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:.

If I was a Queens fan, I would be livid with that defending. Not a single player even attempted a tackle at any point in the build up, number 8 (I think) particularly shitebagging.

In all honesty most of us are beyond the stage of anger, one or two perhaps still in denial but loads of us in acceptance. It’s been like this for a long time now. 

33 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Have just watched the goal highlights, good build up from us and a nice finish from McGregor. Ewan Wilson looks to be back useful signing.

We very rarely concede unstoppable worldy goals, most are simply down to defenders/midfielders just not doing the basics or not being switched on to what's going on around them. At the goal we  should have done better defending out wide before the ball was played in then the scorer had acres of space and time to get his shot away. It's so predictable now. 

Edit to add: Taking nothing away from the Stirling players btw, they showed up our frailties. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

15 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

More a Wilson style midfield hard man. None of them are that

I don’t think you could ever describe Wilson as a midfield hard man, he wouldn’t shirk a tackle but it usually ended in about five weeks missing from the team. He didn’t do the dirty work well I didn’t think and while we are missing his ability in that midfield there is no guarantee his body would hold up. I think Morton have had 5/6 games in a row out of him which is above average for him. 

Our biggest issue is our squad is filled with losers, they just don’t conduct themselves in the correct manner. When do you ever see us come straight out the traps running through brick walls for each other ? When do you see a bit of urgency when we are behind ? They go through the motions not really giving their all. They quite frankly aren’t fit to wear the shirt. 

Bartley has signed a lot of them but the players have to take their portion of the blame and give themselves a massive boot up the arse. It is nowhere near good enough and can’t continue. The only player I actually like currently is Lewis Gibson, if the rest of them walked away tomorrow I wouldn’t be bothered. 

5 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

In all honesty most of us are beyond the stage of anger, one or two perhaps still in denial but loads of us in acceptance. It’s been like this for a long time now. 

I just wish those in charge of the bargaining bit, were better at it.

Great result for us and somewhat makes up for the 2 dropped points last week.

Interesting to hear the comments.

Not unlike how weve felt about various rookie mangers over the years.

I like the team spirit and organisation of this side. I feel we are lucky to have a Darren Young.

He's recruited well and improved what he inherited.

We've seen the benefits for a while now.

Having seen the highlights, it seems we definitely deserved it.

Concludes a pretty satisfactory first quarter of the season.

11 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I feel we are lucky to have a Darren Young

It wasn't luck mate, Darren didn't even apply for the job.  Stuart Brown met him at a dinner and talked him into wanting it. It was put to a board vote the next day.

I wasn't at the game, but from my very questionable space bar pause, it doesn't look like Robert Thompson was offside for what would have been the opener.

From our point of view, I'm really pleased with how well players who I thought would be fringe players are performing.  I wouldn't consider any player to be a fringe player now.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Have to imagine Bartley is under pretty significant pressure with the start Queens have made?

Being way off the title race is bad enough but even flirting with the bottom two after the first quarter must be hugely concerning.

Nah, we're all happily singing and dancing down Buccleuch St. ... read the club thread for your answer ...

19 hours ago, Broony88 said:

I don’t think you could ever describe Wilson as a midfield hard man, he wouldn’t shirk a tackle but it usually ended in about five weeks missing from the team. He didn’t do the dirty work well I didn’t think and while we are missing his ability in that midfield there is no guarantee his body would hold up. I think Morton have had 5/6 games in a row out of him which is above average for him. 

Our biggest issue is our squad is filled with losers, they just don’t conduct themselves in the correct manner. When do you ever see us come straight out the traps running through brick walls for each other ? When do you see a bit of urgency when we are behind ? They go through the motions not really giving their all. They quite frankly aren’t fit to wear the shirt. 

Bartley has signed a lot of them but the players have to take their portion of the blame and give themselves a massive boot up the arse. It is nowhere near good enough and can’t continue. The only player I actually like currently is Lewis Gibson, if the rest of them walked away tomorrow I wouldn’t be bothered. 

Fair view 

On 08/10/2023 at 03:47, Quentin Taranbino said:

Everyone is just so passive, we defended the situation like mannequins barring Ambrose lunging on the stretch to block it when I would say Botterrill possibly has it covered. Like others have said in reply it’s hard to get livid now as we just expect the same stuff from the same players. They are a gutless bunch that’s not even up for debate.