France (A) - Tuesday 17/10/23

accies1874

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

I see we've learned that we're not as good as France. Who'd have guessed? 

I'm sure the SFA's pockets will have been boosted but there's been no benefit to the football team. A thought agreed with by SSC it appears, since he's chucked a B team out to chase shadows all night.

What's your point here? Should we have played Andorra?

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

I see we've learned that we're not as good as France. Who'd have guessed? 

I'm sure the SFA's pockets will have been boosted but there's been no benefit to the football team. A thought agreed with by SSC it appears, since he's chucked a B team out to chase shadows all night.

I think it’s really daft to say we shouldn’t play against the best countries just because we already know they’re better than us.

There‘s also only a finite number of teams available for a friendly at the same time as us.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You just fekin know we will get England again !!!

We're due Germany again.

We played Netherlands in our first 2 Euros, England in the most recent 2, and we've only played Germany once. Depending on who qualifies, I'd imagine it will be some combination from Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Czechia and a former member of the CIS.

Like the England game at Hampden proved, we're absolutely light years off the elite teams.

Even with a full strength team out I fail to see how we can come up with a plan to compete against these teams.

For Scottish fans of a certain age it's quite sad that we're so far behind these teams.

Just now, ArabFC said:

Maybe playing (arguably) the 3 best teams in Europe in a row wasn’t the best idea?

Don't understand that argument. Great experience for all the players involved with no pressure in getting a result. I would say it shows how far we've come that these teams are happy to play against us.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Like the England game at Hampden proved, we're absolutely light years off the elite teams.

Even with a full strength team out I fail to see how we can come up with a plan to compete against these teams.

For Scottish fans of a certain age it's quite sad that we're so far behind these teams.

Tournament environment is a lot different when the games are coming thick and fast though.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What's your point here? Should we have played Andorra?

What would the point in that be? 

Playing France away, on the back of playing England & Spain, tells us what? 

The manager chucking out a B team side speaks volumes.