Thistle vs Dundee United - 21 October 2023

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Either we sold 300  tickets in half hour or Thistle decided no match day sales meant shutting it down at 9pm on Friday night.

Why no on day sales anyway?

There’s been IT problems and issues with the phone lines this week.  It might just be another IT hiccup 

6 hours ago, amnarab said:

Just tried to buy my ticket and it's saying sold out. Colin Weir Stand capacity is 1,825. Interesting to see if it's truly sold out or for what reason you can't purchase a ticket on match day.

I don't remember us ever selling it out so I'd be amazed.

Try FB and Twitter as there was a few folk with tickets who can't get down due to floods.

7 hours ago, amnarab said:

Just tried to buy my ticket and it's saying sold out. Colin Weir Stand capacity is 1,825. Interesting to see if it's truly sold out or for what reason you can't purchase a ticket on match day.

They leave the two smaller end sections empty, if I recall. Ayr sold it out during the playoffs and Although capacity is 1825 I think they sell a bit less. 

pretty sure yous sold it out for the Scottish cup game 2 seasons ago? Certainly looked it.

Edited by BigMadMental

I'm sure the capacity of the stand used to be given as 2100, presume the section nearest the city end is no longer in use / we only have a safety certificate for 1825.

If it hadn't been for the shitey weather I'd have expected Utd to sell 1800 no bother

I’d imagine United have definitely sold out that stand before. Had they done it earlier in the week they may also have been given the end bit of the JHS.

The club have to leave a bit of the old main stand empty (as they do if/when we “full capacity” the other two) because they sell the tickets as unallocated seating. 

Edited by JagsCG

21 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’d imagine United have definitely sold out that stand before. Had they done it earlier in the week they may also have been given the end bit of the JHS.

The club have to leave a bit of the old main stand empty (as they do if/when we “full capacity” the other two) because they sell the tickets as unallocated seating. 

Some of the seats at either end of old stand have also been cannibalised to repair other seating in said stand due to some of the more "fragrant" away fans tanning seats.

BTW blue sky and sun currently over the glorious West End and winds decreased to feck all ...get yersels over tae the big City ! .

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I will be in attendance.

What is the current range of snacks on offer at what is apparently now the Wyre Stadium at Firhill?

4 or 5 different pies Inc Pie of the Month ,hot dogs,Vegan option for Byres Road  clique and the usual selection of hot and cold drinks /sweeties/Crisps .

Thought it was going to be about 6-0 United after the first 15 minutes but we've come back into it, not sure how much of that is Utd not pressing as much in our half after they scored, we kept giving the ball away in our own half with McInroy and Bannigan in particular bad for it.

Lawless has been our best threat apart from his set pieces. I've been wanting McDonald to get more of a run but he's looked hopeless since he's came on with the exception of that piece of play in the last minute of the half to set up Milne.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

A half of two halves. United by far the better side for the first 20-25 minutes, while we’ve been better for the latter 20, without really creating too much. 

Thistle have been better since Fitzpatrick went off. The kiddy-on injury* to stop the play has had the desired effect.

United have been fine, but Brian Graham gives me the fear. He’s looked the best player on the park.

*He clearly was injured- he grabbed at his hamstring about 2 minutes before when he ran under the ball in the corner. Mental that the ref stopped the game for it, but not when Holt got wiped out in our box though. Ref clearly wants nothing to do with it when the ball is in the air though- our centre halves and Graham could double clothesline each other and he’d wait until the ball was on the ground before paying attention again.

21 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

If you get one send on please. My firestick app showing the Dunfermline game for some reason. Erratic illegal streaming has been the worst part of relegation. 

Very true. The only games I can find are Dunfermline and Stirling games.