Arbroath vs Raith Rovers, Sat 21 Oct…now P-P

Balde of late has been giving me the fear when he is on the ball (although didn't see him on Saturday), don't know what's wrong with him just now. I like Dow good player but he could do a bit more.

As for the game.... who knows.

Edited by keptie

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Red weather warning for rain tomorrow and Friday. Never seen that before… wonder how bad this is going to be 

I have a certain curiosity to see what the hell a red weather warning for rain is all about. Did we recently get a red weather warning for snow?

IMG_5033.png

Its also a spectator sport and even if the pitch is playable, both clubs need to consider whether it is the right thing to do to play a game when road conditions are 'red warning' dangerous. Desperate for a football fix but think the sensible call here is an early postponement on Friday.

Would agree with all of the above on the basis of what this forecast looks like - extremely intrigued to see how bad this rain is too. My work in Dundee has even told me not to travel Thursday or Friday, home work and to stay away from the office. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Looks like the kind of weather for watching on a stream at home. Are Arbroath allowed to sell to UK punters?

Nope. The kick is within the UEFA Article 48 blackout window that only England, Scotland and Montenegro respect. They aren’t allowed to sell PPV kickoffs between 1445 and 1715…and Donkey, er, Doncaster is too incompetent to join the rest of Europe in trashing that rule and/or negotiate a TV contract to broadcast all games. The fun bit it is the EFL may fix this themselves in the 24-25 season, as part of the rule requires 50% of the days matches in the English Premiership and Championship to kick at 1500 (16 of 19 do this Saturday) for the rule to be in effect, and the EFL is looking at that.

I think a big problem with the weather is that the ground will still be saturated from the rain of 10 days ago, so there’s no where for all this forecast heavy rain to go.

I’ll be surprised if they’re a huge amount of football on in much of Scotland this weekend.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye you'd have to think the pitch is going to be unplayable by lunchtime tomorrow and it's not going to have any time to recover by Saturday. The rain looks pretty relentless. 

We do probably have one of the best draining pitches in the country, very rarely do we get rain call offs, so it might well be okay.

Regarding streams, you need to be located outside the UK to order.  I have heard that some sort of network service can assist with this.

27 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I think a big problem with the weather is that the ground will still be saturated from the rain of 10 days ago, so there’s no where for all this forecast heavy rain to go.

I’ll be surprised if they’re a huge amount of football on in much of Scotland this weekend.

Weirdly the red weather warning is basically only over Dundee and Angus 

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Red weather warning for rain tomorrow and Friday. Never seen that before… wonder how bad this is going to be 

Saw lots of animals gathering in pairs and heading towards the the harbour.....🐘 🐘