Arbroath vs Raith Rovers, Sat 21 Oct…now P-P

7 hours ago, ecto said:

Or Fat Peaky Blinder, refreshing don’t you agree?

Absolutely.

Although I'd rather we weren't having to discuss red weather warnings in Angus. It looks absolutely hellish in parts of the county. Fingers crossed there is no further loss of life.

If there's a red warning out, there's also the possibility that emergency services have to be on standby or diverted elsewhere. Not sure what the protocol for calling off games is, but it may well be the police that have the final say.

As others have said though, football aside the conditions over there look absolutely horrific, and I hope all the Lichties on here are staying safe and avoiding the worst of it.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Arbroath in fairness hasn’t been hit too bad. The picture from Brechin though are horrendous. A few deaths announced as well. 1 woman swept away in the esk and a van driver killed instantly by a falling tree 

Van driver from Arbroath too

There will be Arbroath fans within that red warning area, can’t be asking them to travel. State of the pitch an irrelevance with falling trees and flooded roads.

Edited by Enigma

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Loads of Dundee underwater, Brechin is the new Atlantis and red weather warning extended until tomorrow midnight. 

Game needs called off and called off early 

Tbf, I went to work today, near Forfar, I didn’t stay long, but there has been much more rain, than there has been in Arbroath, but you’re right, game needs to be called, today

5 minutes ago, ecto said:

Tbf, I went to work today, near Forfar, I didn’t stay long, but there has been much more rain, than there has been in Arbroath, but you’re right, game needs to be called, today

Yeah I’m in Forfar and wouldn’t even know there was a storm going on although only left the house to take stuff to the bins. Barely even a puddle and by sound of it Arbroath on the whole completely fine too, the only areas that used to flood would be in and around the areas they’ve put the flood defences in last year. Hercules Den has people kayaking on it when similar rainfall happened 3 year ago.

Unless things dramatically improve then I won’t be going. I normally travel down from Aberdeen via Brechin - obviously that’s not happening but I can’t imagine going via the coast road will be much fun.

Met Office saying 34mph gusts at 3pm which normally wouldn’t be enough to have a game postponed at Gayfield but factoring in everything else then it may just be enough to have the game canned.

Been busy with work so not been following the news but utterly heartbreaking to hear there’s been loss of life. 
In Kirkcaldy you’ve got wallopers going down the prom to film the sea. Just idiotic behaviour not understanding how lethal and unpredictable the waves can be. 

We’re going round in circles but I’d happy take a wager the games off. We’ve had games called off at Starks in recent years due to there being a bit of ice outside the stadium. Here we’ve got people losing their life, government advice to not make non essential travel and some smokies think we’re playing football tomorrow. 

Perfect for us to get Keith Watson, Jack Hamilton, Gullan and Easton 100% fit. 

Wouldn’t be a surprise to find out we sorted another bounce game for Tuesday.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Was it not an amber warning two weeks ago when we played Dundee United?

Yes and I didn’t see one rovers fan worried about United fans travelling to Kirkcaldy. Just saying.

However if it is still in an area where it is a red warning then it shouldn’t go ahead.