Arbroath vs Raith Rovers, Sat 21 Oct…now P-P

41 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Would just get this called off asap for the travelling fans and players. Even if it did clear up playing on the pitch would wreck it for the rest of the season

Pretty grim up your way, I take it?

On 18/10/2023 at 11:52, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Its also a spectator sport and even if the pitch is playable, both clubs need to consider whether it is the right thing to do to play a game when road conditions are 'red warning' dangerous. Desperate for a football fix but think the sensible call here is an early postponement on Friday.

Aye but that be the common sense approach. Fairly sure that kind of decision has to come from the league and their track record isn’t brilliant at this kind of thing 

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Jeezo.

Three pages of an Arbroath - Rovers thread and not one mention about Dirty Dick's hatchet men, Lewis Vaughan's chocolate knees or Hammy winning the league at Stark's Park.

What's going on boys?

Or Fat Peaky Blinder, refreshing don’t you agree?

Just now, Hammerafc said:

Not much rain so far but due to get worse tonight and tomorrow with an amber warning in effect and red warning just north of Arbroath. 

I think this will probably get binned possibly today. Met office still showing winds of over 30 tomorrow.

Just beat me to saying the same thing.👍

23 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

I’m going to predict the game will be ON, forecast is an improving picture with around 18-20mph winds predicted, 25mph an above ruins the game at Gayfield, drainage is superb some rain fell yesterday but not a really really lot.

Pitch isn't the main issue. Travel for players and spectators alike and then safety at the game is higher on the agenda these days, and rightly so.

Not a chance this game goes ahead.

I’d be happy to still go to get my footballing fix but they’ll be forced to call off with amber and red weather warnings.

The pitch being ‘playable’ is utterly irrelevant. By being on they’d  be by proxy saying it’s safe for fans to drive 60 miles or so for a game of football. That won’t be given the green light.