St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

FT 4-0
A fair reflection on proceedings. Don't remember many easier top flight three points than that over the years. 
We stomped all over the hapless Saintees and could have won by more. 
Think best player has to be Mandron, a brace and a proper number 9's performance. Could he finally be the double figure top flight striker we've been looking for for so long? 
Midfield controlled the game and the defence had their cigars out all game too, I don't think Hemming had a save of note to make, easy day all round. 
Seven points clear of fourth now, and we've played the same amount of games. Have to make us favourites for third at the moment, and why not. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen are all hopeless and who else could finish there? 
Hard to see the poor Saintees finishing anywhere that's not 12th. Cut adrift at the bottom now and they looked like they've chucked it already. 
Parkhead on Wednesday for us now, a win there will take us five points off top. Why not. 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only thanks to poor finishing. Ross County, Rangers, and Hibs, have beaten us 2-0 but all 3 could easily have bagged double that.

I’ll never question your judgement again.

We are down. We should just go all-out from this point onwards and forget about tactics. At least make it fun and go out in a ball of flames.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

We are down. We should just go all-out from this point onwards and forget about tactics. At least make it fun and go out in a ball of flames.

You're certainly odds on favourites for the drop, but you never know. There's been big great escapes before.

I thought St Johnstone started the game quite well, just lacked any sort of cutting edge. Numerous corners that posed no real danger. I thought Kane did OK when he came on, at least he put himself about a bit. May was like a man down.

St Johnstone's defending was rotten but it was nice to see us being quite clinical. Two composed finishes from Mandron. 

On 27/10/2023 at 06:05, The Real Saints said:

Whilst in the midst of a torrid run of form, it would be so easy for St Johnstone supporters to feel pessimistic about an upcoming match against the current 3rd-place team. But then we're reminded that Scott Tanser is widely considered to be one of their best players. 

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Thumping the bottom side 4-0 at home is not the St Mirren Way. Robinson must go…

… and renew his passport. At this rate, he’s gonna need it.

Edited by Stu

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 4-0
A fair reflection on proceedings. Don't remember many easier top flight three points than that over the years. 
We stomped all over the hapless Saintees and could have won by more. 
Think best player has to be Mandron, a brace and a proper number 9's performance. Could he finally be the double figure top flight striker we've been looking for for so long? 
Midfield controlled the game and the defence had their cigars out all game too, I don't think Hemming had a save of note to make, easy day all round. 
Seven points clear of fourth now, and we've played the same amount of games. Have to make us favourites for third at the moment, and why not. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen are all hopeless and who else could finish there? 
Hard to see the poor Saintees finishing anywhere that's not 12th. Cut adrift at the bottom now and they looked like they've chucked it already. 
Parkhead on Wednesday for us now, a win there will take us five points off top. Why not. 

My thoughts too...

Now that we've won comfortably can I say that my favourite moment in the game was when Gogic wiped of Baccus. The big man takes absolutely no prisoners, even his own team mates. Another brilliant performance from him. Mad to think a couple of months ago there was a few of us (myself included) thinking he should be playing in midfield.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

I will forever love Stevie May but he's no longer an SPL footballer. 

Neither are Brown, Gordon, Considine, MacPherson, Costello, McClelland, Olufanwa etc. 

Clark is such a blunt striker. Our squad is horrendous 

I think our issue up front is our experienced strikers are more interested in falling down and squealing to the ref rather than actually trying to do something helpful. 

I know RG has been saying it for months but still can’t believe how poor supers were today. We hardly had to get out of first gear.

reminded me of us in some of our darkest days, doesn’t look great for them just now! 

Big positive today was us taking our chances, makes a pleasant change! Some strike from Baccus too!

First half an hour was poor. St. Johnstone were tight, compact and frustrating us and we didn't have much of an answer. Their gameplan was definitely looking like they wanted to sit in and then grab a goal late on.

Our goal just knocked them to f**k though. As soon as first went in it was never in doubt. St. Johnstone have nothing at all as an attacking threat.