St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

Confirmation McClelland, Wright, Phillips, and Crawford, miss this through injury, but everyone else available. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Change of referee confirmed. Credit where it's due to authorities for listening. Saints presented a strong case against the Renfrew man, not just of evidence from the last time he did this fixture but also of other decisions he's made in favour of St Mirren.

Game handed to Dougie Yeats, which I'm sure we can all agree is far more palatable.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4792849/st-mirren-are-the-new-st-johnstone-for-recruitment-success-and-thats-what-perth-club-are-striving-to-get-back/
Interesting article where Steven MacLean is saying that our model is one he’s trying to emulate. I think both clubs recruitment over the last couple of years can be summed up by two players who moved between the clubs in 2021. 

We picked up Scott Tanser on a free transfer from the Saintees and sent them Cammy MacPherson on loan before later selling him to them for a fee. 
Fast forward two years and Tanser is one of the first names on our team sheet, has just signed a contract extension, has been called one of the best left backs in the league by the manager and has been involved in four of our last five goals, setting up two of them and scoring two of them. 
I think the kindest adjective you can use to describe MacPherson’s Saintees career is average. Our left back has scored twice as many goals this season (2) than the midfielder has in his whole Saintees career (1). 
What a bit of business that was for us. 

18 hours ago, Radford said:

St Johnstone have lodged an official complaint with the SFA and SPFL after David Dickinson was handed this fixture. Club were assured previously he wouldn't be given another of our fixtures in Paisley.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Change of referee confirmed. Credit where it's due to authorities for listening. Saints presented a strong case against the Renfrew man, not just of evidence from the last time he did this fixture but also of other decisions he's made in favour of St Mirren.

Game handed to Dougie Yeats, which I'm sure we can all agree is far more palatable.

🤣🤣

How many attempts are you going to have before you give up because no one is biting 🤣🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 hours ago, Lex said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4792849/st-mirren-are-the-new-st-johnstone-for-recruitment-success-and-thats-what-perth-club-are-striving-to-get-back/
Interesting article where Steven MacLean is saying that our model is one he’s trying to emulate. I think both clubs recruitment over the last couple of years can be summed up by two players who moved between the clubs in 2021. 

We picked up Scott Tanser on a free transfer from the Saintees and sent them Cammy MacPherson on loan before later selling him to them for a fee. 
Fast forward two years and Tanser is one of the first names on our team sheet, has just signed a contract extension, has been called one of the best left backs in the league by the manager and has been involved in four of our last five goals, setting up two of them and scoring two of them. 
I think the kindest adjective you can use to describe MacPherson’s Saintees career is average. Our left back has scored twice as many goals this season (2) than the midfielder has in his whole Saintees career (1). 
What a bit of business that was for us. 

I actually think MacPherson would have done well under Robinson. Dare I say that he's a 'Robinson player'. 

Don't think many St Johnstone fans were too sad to see Tanser leave if I remember correctly, and he was ok for us for a long time but has really stepped up in the past 18 months.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Are you at the wind up? 😂 

IMG_4540.thumb.jpeg.6c2b087c5ef8c4a5acfe67eb259377f0.jpeg

Glowing praise from McLean for Robinson here. Sad to see how the threshold for success has fallen in Perthshire since they won Shroedinger's double.

image.png.817f985aeadf9f016c5f0e087d451ad7.png

Edit: I do realise that knowing the correct time is probably a valuable skill in agrarian Perthshire, so maybe this is actually high praise.

Edited by Coventry Saint

24 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I actually think MacPherson would have done well under Robinson. Dare I say that he's a 'Robinson player'. 

Don't think many St Johnstone fans were too sad to see Tanser leave if I remember correctly, and he was ok for us for a long time but has really stepped up in the past 18 months.

MacPherson wouldnt have done fine under Robinson. Having to actually sprint regularly would see him injured most of the time. Plus being told hes not the bestest most greatest CM ever, and so shouldnt be attempting 40 yard cross field balls every time hes on the ball, would see him huffing too. Hes one whos better the less you see him play, then he plays regularly and you remember.

Tanser was great for us, apart from shitting it against James Forrest. In retrospect letting him leave and relying on Booth looks daftbut at the time Booth linked better with Wotherspoon, was more aggressive out of possession which got us a couple of important goals (away to Dundee, cup final v Hibs), was cheaper and more willing to be part of a squad. Tanser wanted more money and to be undisputed first choice. It felt the right decision at the time if Tanser wasnt willing to rotate.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

MacPherson wouldnt have done fine under Robinson. Having to actually sprint regularly would see him injured most of the time. Plus being told hes not the bestest most greatest CM ever, and so shouldnt be attempting 40 yard cross field balls every time hes on the ball, would see him huffing too. Hes one whos better the less you see him play, then he plays regularly and you remember.

Tanser was great for us, apart from shitting it against James Forrest. In retrospect letting him leave and relying on Booth looks daftbut at the time Booth linked better with Wotherspoon, was more aggressive out of possession which got us a couple of important goals (away to Dundee, cup final v Hibs), was cheaper and more willing to be part of a squad. Tanser wanted more money and to be undisputed first choice. It felt the right decision at the time if Tanser wasnt willing to rotate.

You change your tune so often regards Cammy and Scotty I cannae keep up. 😂 

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Edit: I do realise that knowing the correct time is probably a valuable skill in agrarian Perthshire, so maybe this is actually high praise.

Planting a stick in the ground and measuring the length of the shadow is a prized skill in the Perthshire prairies. 

The real experts will remember to cut half an inch off their time stick this weekend as BST ends. 

26 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Glowing praise from McLean for Robinson here. Sad to see how the threshold for success has fallen in Perthshire since they won Shroedinger's double.

image.png.817f985aeadf9f016c5f0e087d451ad7.png

It’s probably a valuable skill in poverty-stricken Paisley too as the junkies know when they can pick up their methadone!!!!!! Hahahahah!!! What banter we’re having.

25 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It’s probably a valuable skill in poverty-stricken Paisley too as the junkies know when they can pick up their methadone!!!!!! Hahahahah!!! What banter we’re having.

Laughing at others misfortune with drug addiction is not a good look. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

093fe2477bdae069882a512a1b02dace.jpg

8 hours ago, Radford said:

Just imagine going to Ibrox with 11 players 50,000 fans and a master mason in front of you to play against. While the master mason awarded 4 penalties against you. Three of which when after analysis on Sportscene was not penalties. No it's not from a fantasy novel and no we did not stop him referring future games. The SFA gave him a short suspension. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Whilst in the midst of a torrid run of form, it would be so easy for St Johnstone supporters to feel pessimistic about an upcoming match against the current 3rd-place team. But then we're reminded that Scott Tanser is widely considered to be one of their best players. 

He’s a stick on to score in front of 125 Massey Ferguson tractors enthusiasts.