Queens v Falkirk

On 05/11/2023 at 09:36, Distant Doonhamer said:

Looking at the highlights from Falkirk tv it looks like we played pretty well.(Yet) another needless challenge from McLelland to give away a stupid free kick to cost us the goal. Falkirk really should have gone 2-0 up and I very much doubt we’d have come back from that. Ferguson does really well in the lead up to our goal. 
It would have been harsh but somewhat typical of us if Falkirk had scored that chance at the death. 
Overall a decent display and a deserved point. 

They're good highlights.  

They pretty much confirm what I felt at the time - that we had more of the chances.  Most weren't terribly clear cut though.

Interesting to see the handball the ref let go early on again.  It was outside of the box, but it seemed a strange decision to give nothing. 

I'd also like to have seen again the first half incident where the Falkirk goalkeeper picked up the ball on the very edge of the box.  Reilly claimed it hadn't yet reached the box when the 'keeper first handled it.  It looked that way to me too, but I think the linesman indicated to the ref that it was fine.  I'd like to know if the abuse I subsequently gave the linesman was warranted.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They're good highlights.  

They pretty much confirm what I felt at the time - that we had more of the chances.  Most weren't terribly clear cut though.

Interesting to see the handball the ref let go early on again.  It was outside of the box, but it seemed a strange decision to give nothing. 

I'd also like to have seen again the first half incident where the Falkirk goalkeeper picked up the ball on the very edge of the box.  Reilly claimed it hadn't yet reached the box when the 'keeper first handled it.  It looked that way to me too, but I think the linesman indicated to the ref that it was fine.  I'd like to know if the abuse I subsequently gave the linesman was warranted.

Agree with the handball, was surprised a free kick wasn't given for that and thought we got away with that.

As for the handling of the ball - I was right in line with Hogarth and he distinctly waited for the ball to cross the line and even leaned back in a weird way to make sure he picked it up inside but one foot was just outside the box which made it look off. Was actually surprised the linesman saw that because it looked like one of those things you'd have to be right in line with to see the ball go over the line which the linesman was not. 

32 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

As for the handling of the ball - I was right in line with Hogarth and he distinctly waited for the ball to cross the line and even leaned back in a weird way to make sure he picked it up inside but one foot was just outside the box which made it look off. Was actually surprised the linesman saw that because it looked like one of those things you'd have to be right in line with to see the ball go over the line which the linesman was not. 

Ach, hopefully the linesman is a useless twat in other respects.

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Agree with the handball, was surprised a free kick wasn't given for that and thought we got away with that.

Aye, thought the lino was a bit behind play to get a definite view. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not exactly a  question of 'can we play you every week?' given that we've taken 1 point out of 6 from them, but there's an element of it.  

Throw in the early performance against Motherwell, and we've a picture of a side that seems to do better against stronger opposition.  

I'm not saying this in praise of our team, or in a 'typical Queens, what are we like?' kind of way.  It annoys me too.  

It seems that in the games where the opposition really force us to engage, we respond well, get stuck in and produce some football.  In other games, we seem much happier to just bump along in a more half hearted way, eventually allowing the opposition to get the better of us. 

When forced to play though, it appears that we sort of can.

That sort of focus and urgency needs to be evident in other games.

We've been a bit like that the last few years.  Open games we would put in decent performances but when it came down to a stuffy battle we were found wanting far too often. Big problem in this league is that the majority of teams tend to turn games into the latter.

Just thinking about comments from Falkirk fans on here, and not wanting to attract undue criticism or open a can of worms, but there seems to be a lack of complaints about off field issues like ticketing, catering, dirty seats, etc., it would be nice to think the Club handled things well, which won't sit well with some Queens posters on here. 

44 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just thinking about comments from Falkirk fans on here, and not wanting to attract undue criticism or open a can of worms, but there seems to be a lack of complaints about off field issues like ticketing, catering, dirty seats, etc., it would be nice to think the Club handled things well, which won't sit well with some Queens posters on here. 

The seats were rusty and shit covered. Pie stand only accepted cash.