Queens v Falkirk

2 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Not buying this “walkover” chat from Queens fans. It is much easier organise to shut up shop than to go and try and win a game. They nearly managed it at our place and would be easier to do that at home. We also have arguably our best two players out injured. 
3-0 Falkirk 😂

Look at our record (particularly at home) - we are a terrible outfit.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Not buying this “walkover” chat from Queens fans. It is much easier organise to shut up shop than to go and try and win a game. They nearly managed it at our place and would be easier to do that at home. We also have arguably our best two players out injured. 
3-0 Falkirk 😂

I'd be more confident at TFS. As has been said, our home record is embarrassing. 

Thankfully I'm backshift on Saturday so don't have to suffer another trip to Palmerston. I'll be putting money on Falkirk -2 to soften the inevitable blow. 

Home or away, doesn't matter to Marv, we play the same cautious style. I'll be pleasantly surprised, nay gobsmacked, if we get a point from this. If its close, get money on us losing a goal in the last 10 minutes. Hoping for plenty of navy blue pounds to go towards Marv's pay-off compo if things don't improve quickly. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Queens fans always say the same stuff tbh, very pessimistic fanbase.... Gave us a real tough game at TFS and I expect similar. Scraping any sort of win away from home is what it's all about for us. 

Have you looked at the league and form tables, we've got plenty to be pessimistic about. It's quite galling that we often do give more fancied teams a challenge which makes it all the more maddening that we can't do better against teams around us. As 19QOS19 says, would much rather it was an away fixture, our home form is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Have you looked at the league and form tables, we've got plenty to be pessimistic about. It's quite galling that we often do give more fancied teams a challenge which makes it all the more maddening that we can't do better against teams around us. As 19QOS19 says, would much rather it was an away fixture, our home form is embarrassing. 

Fair enough. I just tend to expect a tough game down there. 

Obviously I hope we pump yous and I should be able to trust this team by now. We have been tremendous this season so far, but I've been hurt too many times before... 😳

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Queens fans always say the same stuff tbh, very pessimistic fanbase.... Gave us a real tough game at TFS and I expect similar. Scraping any sort of win away from home is what it's all about for us. 

I don't think there's anything groundless about our current brand of pessimism.

If you don't win at Palmerston, you'll be only the second League visitor this season to do so.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind when we came up for the first time against your Hartley mob and you couldn't convince us how shite you were? I expect you'll be feeling like us after that game on Saturday. It's very bad. 

Even taking away our horrendous home form, we scraped past a shite Annan side last week and only because Tommy Goss couldn't hit a barn door... And yesterday for as much as Cove certainly didn't rob us, they were awful as well and we created one whole chance against them on our own patch. 

I'm not kidding when I say I'm putting Falkirk on -2. If McIver or Agyeman get as many chances as Goss got then it'll be at least 4 for Falkirk. 

Visions of Brad Spencer coming off after 60 mins to a Queens standing ovation ala Dobbie at TFS. 

That game’s still on YouTube somewhere and it’s very funny seeing the Queens cameraman pan round in shock to a good few hundred Falkirk fans off their seat 

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mind when we came up for the first time against your Hartley mob and you couldn't convince us how shite you were? I expect you'll be feeling like us after that game on Saturday. It's very bad. 

Yes, that's a decent parallel. The main difference of course, is that we weren't clear at the top of the league at that time, although we did have Dobbie.

It's inconceivable that Falkirk won't win next weekend.

You've got to wonder what is going on at Queens. The only team we've faced this season apart from Hamilton who have been defensively resolute, and gave a better account of themselves against us than anyone apart from possibly Montrose and obviously Hamilton.

Bartley did talk a lot of shite post-match about how they'd been the better side etc but it did look like they had enough about them to be up there as best of the rest after Accies  

Clearly though they've had a number of poor results and performances outwith that game, which hopefully continues on Saturday. Would be very Falkirk to lose this game, hopfully Morrison and Spencer will be available again 

Surprised Bartley's still there given queen's are 17 points off us after only 11 games and has quite obviously been decently backed by his board.  Knowing our luck he'll get punted this week and queen's will bring in someone with at least half a clue on football management.  3 points is all I'm after.