Queens v Falkirk

18 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

IMG_2257.jpeg.25cbe7526c4fc0439ceec538591571f4.jpeg

We'll probably never build a 4th stand TBH, no real need for it. No point in having a part of the ground that won't be used and then can't be because it's fallen in to disrepair, covered in shit, moss and weeds, is there?

If we ever get our act together financially though, I think there will be a building there of some sort. Possibly a hotel, offices or whatever that we can make money from and that could house a narrow safe standing area that would take the capacity up over 10000, which is all we're likely to need really.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We'll probably never build a 4th stand TBH, no real need for it. No point in having a part of the ground that won't be used and then can't be because it's fallen in to disrepair, covered in shit, moss and weeds, is there?

At one point there was a plan / hope that the Foundation would be able to get grants to build facilities on the other side. This was envisaged to include a small stand or standing areas which would look both ways. ie onto both the community pitch and the main one. Under this would be changing rooms and probably more office space. 

Whether that will ever happen - or indeed is still hoped to happen - I have no idea. 

At the moment there are insufficient changing rooms at TFS. There are two sets; the main ones for the professional club and a community set at the South end of the main stand. These are owned by the council.

In theory two sets of changing rooms are fine as there are only two pitches. However, when the pitches are in constant use and teams will be in the changing room maybe 45 mins after fulltime and want access an hour before kickoff, there isn't enough space. Particularly as FFCs home dressing room isn't made available for community use. I'm involved with one of the Foundation teams and we regularly change in the warmup room, Foundation classroom or whatever other space we can get. 

Stirling, Alloa and now QoS fans coming across as arseholes looking to have a feeble dig for little reason.

Must be spewing now that we are finally looking like a halfway decent football team after so many years struggling against the dregs and nonentities in this league.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stirling, Alloa and now QoS fans coming across as arseholes looking to have a feeble dig for little reason.

Must be spewing now that we are finally looking like a halfway decent football team after so many years struggling against the dregs and nonentities in this league.

There's a common denominator there. 

21 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not really.  Strangely enough the majority of non-FFC fans couldn't care less.

Edited by Slipmat
missed out a word

Just now, Slipmat said:

Not really.  Strangely enough the majority of non-FFC couldn't care less.

Actually rather surprised at the tone of the comments from our recent opponents, more in line with what we would expect from Fifers or Airdrie types.

Hence my post.

19 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Charming exchange. I sometimes give up with bile ridden comments from sone fans. This is supposed to be a site about football not trolling. 

...says he who drove a decent poster off this site by labelling them a xenophobe.  🤣

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

At one point there was a plan / hope that the Foundation would be able to get grants to build facilities on the other side. This was envisaged to include a small stand or standing areas which would look both ways. ie onto both the community pitch and the main one. Under this would be changing rooms and probably more office space. 

Whether that will ever happen - or indeed is still hoped to happen - I have no idea. 

At the moment there are insufficient changing rooms at TFS. There are two sets; the main ones for the professional club and a community set at the South end of the main stand. These are owned by the council.

In theory two sets of changing rooms are fine as there are only two pitches. However, when the pitches are in constant use and teams will be in the changing room maybe 45 mins after fulltime and want access an hour before kickoff, there isn't enough space. Particularly as FFCs home dressing room isn't made available for community use. I'm involved with one of the Foundation teams and we regularly change in the warmup room, Foundation classroom or whatever other space we can get. 

I'm involved with a foundation team and we often gets changed in the warm up room or the of the office/class rooms. The guy who organises this is very hostile towards the guys who run some of teams. Very dismissive and unnaccomodating. The last guy who done it the last few years was great with us. This year has been a nightmare.

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

If we ever get our act together financially though, I think there will be a building there of some sort. Possibly a hotel, offices or whatever that we can make money from and that could house a narrow safe standing area that would take the capacity up over 10000, which 

We actually can’t legally build there because of ineos, syngenta and co. in Grangemouth as area of danger if something bad was to happen covers the hypothetical east stand and we can’t have a certain amount of people in there but the training pitch is allowed as long as it doesn’t exceed the people limit in that area, I heard this straight from a family friend who works for one of the chemical firms there. The people limit would stop offices, hotels or other money making schemes sadly