Queens v Falkirk

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Any queens fan know or have a theory on how their home form is so poor? Like others have said, their performance at Tfs wasn't anywhere near the worst I've seen, although very limited up top.

Our manager has signed a collection of mainly awful footballers who should never be playing full time football.

4 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Our manager has signed a collection of mainly awful footballers who should never be playing full time football.

7 Queen of the South 11 1 0 5 9 12 3 0 2 6 6 -3

You haven't really answered the question, why are they more awful at home than on the road? Do you play much more expansively at home, leaving gaps at the back that can be exploited? @19QOS19 suggests that your home support doesn't really castigate the players much, even when they are not performing, so that can't be a factor. It has to be the tactics, yes?

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A trivial matter really but why do the seat graphics on the QoTS ticket website face away from the pitch?

Screenshot2023-11-02at10_08_37.thumb.png.5f5d0530da3d0e1ce133e23dfc3422b9.png

I've been to a few games in the past where I wish the seat was facing away from the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

In the one nil game we were missing both agyeman and miller and Ross had just joined so wasn't up to speed. Hopefully have all 3 of them firing come this Saturday.

Was it Queens whose LB had a hard time v Morrison? Morrison is a hard physical days work, but Ross and Miller I think are a harder game for full backs. Brutal to track, very intelligent movers and users of the ball. 

14 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Dougie surely it prime time for a Fan take over ? Like Portsmouth, and what a story that is . 

On 31/10/2023 at 17:05, SouthStander1876 said:

Would rather have 4000+ every week in our stadium than 1000 in yours

Aye, OK it happens once in a veritable blue moon these days but a packed out Palmerston produces a cracking atmosphere. The covered terracing behind the goal (largest remaining up here?) is one of the finest sights/sounds when full. I'm one of the few old enough now to have been in it with 14k and 18k crowds, way over its current capacity. Think old Brockville and you get the idea. Yes, it's something of a relic from a bygone age but it's ours and many of us are fond of it.

16 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Any queens fan know or have a theory on how their home form is so poor? Like others have said, their performance at Tfs wasn't anywhere near the worst I've seen, although very limited up top.

Nope, it seems to have been woeful for several seasons now under different managers/squads. We used to turn up at Palmy knowing that we'd always be competitive and that the other side would need to be decent to take something ... those days are a distant memory now.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, OK it happens once in a veritable blue moon these days but a packed out Palmerston produces a cracking atmosphere. The covered terracing behind the goal (largest remaining up here?) is one of the finest sights/sounds when full. I'm one of the few old enough now to have been in it with 14k and 18k crowds, way over its current capacity. Think old Brockville and you get the idea. Yes, it's something of a relic from a bygone age but it's ours and many of us are fond of it.

Forgetting all the patter about stadiums etc, I actually really like Palmerston, it's old school and it's something different.  

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm one of the few old enough now to have been in it with 14k and 18k crowds, way over its current capacity. 

We've only had one five figure home attendance since 1963!   Are you Methuselah by any chance?  🤣 

46 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Forgetting all the patter about stadiums etc, I actually really like Palmerston, it's old school and it's something different.  

It would be fine if there was some sort of general maintenance/cleaning but the current regime have no interest providing such luxuries as a clean seat!

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

We've only had one five figure home attendance since 1963!   Are you Methuselah by any chance?  🤣 

Scottish Cup tie at home to Hearts (73 or 74), crowd 14,000, lost 2-0.

Scottish Cup quarter final (75?) home to Rangers (after the famous 5-4 Ayr tie), crowd 18,000, pumped 5-0.

I'm not making it up. I was at both. Huge crowds for Palmy.

Edited by Otis Blue

39 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Scottish Cup tie at home to Hearts (73 or 74), crowd 14,000, lost 2-0.

Scottish Cup quarter final (75?) home to Rangers (after the famous 5-4 Ayr tie), crowd 18,000, pumped 5-0.

I'm not making it up. I was at both. Huge crowds for Palmy.

You're right!  My apologies!  There HAVE been 2 games!

Think the Rangers game was nearer the 10000 mark though.

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

You're right!  My apologies!  There HAVE been 2 games!

Think the Rangers game was nearer the 10000 mark though.

Apology accepted, thanks. 👍

No, the Rangers game was the bigger attendance. I'm recovering from surgery at the moment so can't check my record books, but my memory says circa 18k for that one.