Queens v Falkirk

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It could be to do with both sets of fans having an understanding, even empathy, at having to endure some amount of dross over a number of years.

Amen friend ... Amen!

Just reading this thread I think some QOTS fans are being a bit ridiculous. They gave Falkirk a close game last time and were unlucky not to get something against us. Obviously been a poor start to the season for them and their home form is concerning but from what I've seen and read they've been unlucky not to pick up more points and at some point I think they will turn it around. I do think Falkirk will probably win tomorrow but to say there's no chance of QOTS picking anything up is ridiculous. Anything can happen in Scottish Football and I expect Bartley will make it a tough game for Falkirk tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Just reading this thread I think some QOTS fans are being a bit ridiculous. They gave Falkirk a close game last time and were unlucky not to get something against us. Obviously been a poor start to the season for them and their home form is concerning but from what I've seen and read they've been unlucky not to pick up more points and at some point I think they will turn it around. I do think Falkirk will probably win tomorrow but to say there's no chance of QOTS picking anything up is ridiculous. Anything can happen in Scottish Football and I expect Bartley will make it a tough game for Falkirk tomorrow.

You’ve clearly not seen enough if you think we’ve been unlucky! 

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree, however, it wouldn't take too much to change things.

A defeat, particularly at home, would have some fans whining like f**k. I commented just a few weeks ago about the guy sitting close to us at the Hamilton match that was moaning because we weren't winning, saying that the players weren't trying and a whole lot of other shit. He also started on McGlynn, ranting and raving about the Airdrie play-off, despite the fact that we're top of the league, undefeated and were top scorers in Scotland at the time! There was another guy who was grumbling about individual players last Saturday, for no apparent reason that I could see.

Some fans are just dicks and would rather revel in our recent misery than enjoy success!

Up to the rest to drown these p***ks out. The Ultra’s are certainly doing that 

9 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

The fans respond to what they see. Falkirk sides prior to this season for the last 4-years were playing some of the worst stuff I had seen as a Falkirk fan in my lifetime. The players showed no ability and created next to nothing against part-time teams in a lot of cases which is why we couldn’t get a result. Blaming the fans for that is just ridiculous. Hardly going to see me clapping and happy losing at home to Clyde. The atmosphere this season has been excellent, coincidentally at a time where we’ve had the best start ever to a league campaign. 

I am not blaming the fans. I am merely pointing out that we have an influence both positively and negatively. 
Of course people react to what they are served up that is human nature. If you think that the best start we have had ever has nothing to do with the backing we have given the side I suggest you go and ask the players. 

12 hours ago, bod said:

I do apologise for not joining this platform years ago! No doubt you'd have still complained  at me for posting about previous managers and their teams poor form and performances and boy have there been plenty, especially over the last few years.

I suppose if I had joined earlier I could have had as many posts as you as I post my opinion.

I don't want us to lose tomorrow, but expect we will and sadly for you, God willing I'll be here for a fair time to come. Bartley however in my opinion should we lose, shouldn't be.

Ridiculous. So if we can’t beat the league leaders we should bin him. It hasn’t gone well this season . We have had a lot of injuries. I expect to lose today but would only hit the panic button if we the lose to Alloa and Kelty. Then it is serious and we need to think seriously end Nov ahead of the window. We do need at least a positive performance in our next 2 home games as just playing negatively isn’t going to help Bartleys standing with the fans. My opinion. 

5 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

If you think that the best start we have had ever has nothing to do with the backing we have given the side I suggest you go and ask the players. 

I think this would benefit from inverting.

Stop kidding yourself that the support now being offered to the team was ever unconditional.  You could argue a slight chicken and egg thing I suppose.  The reality though is that fan mood is dictated much more by team performance than the other way around.

Fans are not completely without influence, but they've nothing like as much agency in this as the players.

I'm not suggesting this is unique to Falkirk.  It's how football is.

10 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Apologies to all for my reminiscences taking the thread off topic here ... guilty as charged!

I don’t mind.

When Tam Bryce headed the Rangers mid week game last minute equaliser we went mad in the coo shed. the weather was biblical. 

Dicksons chipped winner against Ayr in the 5-4 game is my favourite Queens goal of all time. Alongside Dobbie that season he was the best I’ve seen in a QOS shirt. 

On to the game and what team we'll field.

Not expecting Brydon to be near the team, I'd be delighted and amazed to see him before Christmas.

Will McClelland be fit, how bad was Cochrans's( not that he'd be missed) injury last week and will Gibson get a start? 

I'm not expecting a result today but I would just be happy to at least have a go at Falkirk, unlike the way we've been playing recently. I fear of we pass it about at the back as has become the norm, we'll get well and truly thumped.

13 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Ridiculous. So if we can’t beat the league leaders we should bin him. It hasn’t gone well this season . We have had a lot of injuries. I expect to lose today but would only hit the panic button if we the lose to Alloa and Kelty. Then it is serious and we need to think seriously end Nov ahead of the window. We do need at least a positive performance in our next 2 home games as just playing negatively isn’t going to help Bartleys standing with the fans. My opinion. 

Is it? 

Opinions eh.

22 hours ago, Artemis said:

Looked up Queens home and away records over the last 4 years. Home and away PPG and finishing places in the home and away tables are broadly similar. The exception was 20/21 when Queens away PPG was slightly higher than home and they did relatively better away. There were no fans that season, of course, so not sure if that affected it.
Full record since 19/20 Home PPG; Away PPG;

19/20 H 1.0 A 1.0
20/21 H 1.15 A 1.21
21/22 H 0.94 A 0.89
22/23 H 1.61 A 1.39

Place in home league table; place in away league

19/20 H 9th A 9th
20/21 H 9th A 5th
21/22 H 10th A 9th
22/23 H 6th A 6th

Great stats.  I take it you're Flash in a different guise?

I suppose the main takeaway really, is just that we've been rubbish for ages and have been taking far too few points from anywhere.

You'd expect PPG to be better at home generally, but the fact that we've finished similarly in the Home and Away league tables each year really does suggest there's not that much in it.

I suppose Teams who do well have more control.  They can be more expansive at home and tighter away.  In our case though, we've probably not had enough of a foothold in matches to be able to exert much influence on the outcome.

I think it maybe feels worse in this division too, because today apart, we're not generally playing clubs bigger than ours each week.

If you're a shit team, you'll be shit at home as well as away I suppose.

29 minutes ago, bod said:

That's more like it.👍 Just imagine the scenes on here if the unthinkable was to happen!

If you mean a QOS win, that is by no means unthinkable. A fellow FT side, in the same division, away from home. Hosts are in poor form but if you can't see a draw or a sneaky one goal home win as being quite possible then you're at it.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If you mean a QOS win, that is by no means unthinkable. A fellow FT side, in the same division, away from home. Hosts are in poor form but if you can't see a draw or a sneaky one goal home win as being quite possible then you're at it.

Ok, I'm at it.