Queens v Falkirk

21 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

We actually can’t legally build there because of ineos, syngenta and co. in Grangemouth as area of danger if something bad was to happen covers the hypothetical east stand and we can’t have a certain amount of people in there but the training pitch is allowed as long as it doesn’t exceed the people limit in that area, I heard this straight from a family friend who works for one of the chemical firms there. The people limit would stop offices, hotels or other money making schemes sadly

Wasn't this a load of old b*llocks as the number of people in the surrounding areas already exceeds the mythical number that's quoted. 

If Grangemouth blew up I doubt they'd be worried about just the folk in a small plot of land between the stadium and the community pitch!

Not to mention they've already built housing, hotels, warehousing etc in the intervening years since which are much closer to Ineos.

Edited by Blame Me

It's bad enough when we go to TFS to avoid getting a doing at football, now we've got to worry about getting obliterated by an explosion from the Refinery. At least at Palmerston it's only getting dust and bird shit on your clothes that you need to worry about. (or a bad pie) 

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Wasn't this a load of old b*llocks as the number of people in the surrounding areas already exceeds the mythical number that's quoted. 

If Grangemouth blew up I doubt they'd be worried about just the folk in a small plot of land between the stadium and the community pitch!

Not to mention they've already built housing, hotels, warehousing etc in the intervening years since which are much closer to Ineos.

It was accurate at the time plans for the ground were being drawn up. The East side was to house a training technical centre of excellence, or something similar, which would be built in conjunction with Falkirk college. The blast zone rules at the time killed that idea and the new college was eventually built adjacent to the old one. 

The story is about 20 years out of date, at least from what I recall. You can always google old Falkirk Herald stories to get the details which might be slightly different from what I remember.  

56 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

We actually can’t legally build there because of ineos, syngenta and co. in Grangemouth as area of danger if something bad was to happen covers the hypothetical east stand and we can’t have a certain amount of people in there but the training pitch is allowed as long as it doesn’t exceed the people limit in that area, I heard this straight from a family friend who works for one of the chemical firms there. The people limit would stop offices, hotels or other money making schemes sadly

Troll number 75, come on down...

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If Ineos does blow up this weekend between 3.00 and 4.45, how will the away end of Palmerston end up looking, do I just end up getting sick or am I turned into ash? 

Hopefully Storm Ciaran carries the fall-out Northwards and tidies up Fife a bit. If it comes South by the time it reaches Palmerston it'll just feel like a warming breeze. There will surely be an Emergency plan in place locally anyway, our Tory leaders will want to protect the Jewel in their Crown. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

If Ineos does blow up this weekend between 3.00 and 4.45, how will the away end of Palmerston end up looking, do I just end up getting sick or am I turned into ash? 

If Ineos blows up this weekend, TFS will end up looking like Palmerston.

4 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

Even if this wasn't complete nonsense - which it is - you do realise the stadium has held multiple concerts with over 20k people in attendance over the last few years? 

10 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

You do realise this is out of date nonsense and basically pure drivel?! The club has already been granted outline planning permission for a stand on that side. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Latapy Bairn is correct that we do have outline planning for a 2,000 seat east stand, though there wouldn't be any issue going for a 3k stand to match the height of the north and south if we wanted

Interesting to see new proposals for the site opposite the stadium:

Mixed Use Development, Including Residential (Class 9), Hotel (Class 7), Retail (Class 1A), Food and Drink / Public House (Class 3 / Sui Generis), Drive Through Restaurants (Class 3 / Sui Generis) and Leisure (Class 11)

Good to see the land finally being developed and I like the sound of a pub

Looks like there will a consultation about the proposals held at the stadium this month and then another in February 2024. Assume that will go into much more detailed proposals as there's nothing apart from a brief cover letter at the moment 

Screenshot2023-11-01at13_52_52.thumb.png.4275ac9af87d3232348387a3d6fcbc99.png

back to QoS v Falkirk.

I'm confident we can win, but not confident enough to say we will win. A draw won't be a disaster but we should be good enough, on QoS's current form to be favourites.

In saying that, I'm avoiding this one on my coupon.

mo'n the Bairns

Edited by ChrispPancake

34 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

back to QoS v Falkirk.

I'm confident we can win, but not confident enough to say we will win. A draw won't be a disaster but we should be good enough, on QoS's current form to be favourites.

mo'n the Bairns

If Falkirk only manage a draw it would be hilarious and an awful result for you. 

Falkirk is an absolute banker of a bet. Get it on. 

Screenshot_20231101-151249.png

35 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

back to QoS v Falkirk.

mo'n the Bairns

Queens have lost their last 5 home games and Saturday it’ll be 6 , after that hopefully it’ll be the end of marvellous Marvin. 

Excluding the Hamilton game and the Queen of the South game, we've scored 27 goals in 9 matches, or an average of 3 a game.

We've got at least two against everyone...usually fairly early as well. Then there was Queens, where we  managed just 1 - which only came courtesy of a wonder strike, and not until the 88th minute

I don't think we had a clear chance all game, in sharp contrast to the likes of Alloa who presented us with an absolute barrel load at the weekend 

I expect Queens to be more open at home but am under no illusion about how tough this match will be. Our record down there isn't great either 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Excluding the Hamilton game and the Queen of the South game, we've scored 27 goals in 9 matches, or an average of 3 a game.

We've got at least two against everyone...usually fairly early as well. Then there was Queens, where we  managed just 1 - which only came courtesy of a wonder strike, and not until the 88th minute

I don't think we had a clear chance all game, in sharp contrast to the likes of Alloa who presented us with an absolute barrel load at the weekend 

Was that the game where the tactic seemed to be get it wide to Morrison to cross into the box? And when that wasn't working we kept doing it until Spencer popped up with his wonder strike?

2 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Queens have lost their last 5 home games and Saturday it’ll be 6 , after that hopefully it’ll be the end of marvellous Marvin. 

Be careful posting things like that, you're likely to upset certain Queens posters!