Queens v Falkirk

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd feel a bit happier if Spencer and Morrison were fit, that said we didn't need them yesterday. 3-1 Falkirk 

Spencer is the more important one for me especially away from home. The front four yesterday showed what we can do without Morrison and it was as good as we have looked up front all season. 

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Queens tactic against us last time very nearly worked, go down that route again and it’ll be a lot tighter than the home crowd expect. 

You'll be lucky to spot any "home crowd" with the shite run we're on ...

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

You'll be lucky to spot any "home crowd" with the shite run we're on ...

Mate, our shite run has lasted 5 seasons and yet our home attendances have held up remarkably well. Surely that is what being a supporter is all about, supporting your club when things aren't going well? That is what separates you from the glory hunters who only turn up when the club is playing well / successful.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Mate, our shite run has lasted 5 seasons and yet our home attendances have held up remarkably well. Surely that is what being a supporter is all about, supporting your club when things aren't going well? That is what separates you from the glory hunters who only turn up when the club is playing well / successful.

Aye but you're support will give your board/players verbal pelters at the games (or after!) when things are at their worst. Our support isn't so vocal and do their talking by not attending. 

I'd imagine there are arguments about which way is best but it's just the reality of our support. We're a moaning bunch but there's rarely anything aggressive directed towards our BoD/Manager/players. Palmerston is a great place to go if you're completely shit because you wont get anywhere near as many pelters as you would at a lot of clubs. 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Visions of Brad Spencer coming off after 60 mins to a Queens standing ovation ala Dobbie at TFS. 

That game’s still on YouTube somewhere and it’s very funny seeing the Queens cameraman pan round in shock to a good few hundred Falkirk fans off their seat 

Do you have the link? August 2018 lost 0-3? Tried to find it and can only find Falkirk TV version. I was one of the very many Falkirk fans giving Dobbie a standing ovation that day. It was simply because it was a pleasure to see someone who had genuine quality at that time, we were so starved of watching decent football. I remember him looking up at the main stand when he came off shocked to see the home fans clapping him when getting beat 3-0

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye but you're support will give your board/players verbal pelters at the games (or after!) when things are at their worst. Our support isn't so vocal and do their talking by not attending. 

I'd imagine there are arguments about which way is best but it's just the reality of our support. We're a moaning bunch but there's rarely anything aggressive directed towards our BoD/Manager/players. Palmerston is a great place to go if you're completely shit because you wont get anywhere near as many pelters as you would at a lot of clubs. 

This isn't aimed at you as you are a regular on here and I would assume a regular at Palmerston as well but how does not turning up and withholding your financial and vocal backing help get the club out of its slump?

Turn up, eff and jeff if they are playing shite but hopefully suck it up and turn up again at the next home game. 

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This isn't aimed at you as you are a regular on here and I would assume a regular at Palmerston as well but how does not turning up and withholding your financial and vocal backing help get the club out of its slump?

Turn up, eff and jeff if they are playing shite but hopefully suck it up and turn up again at the next home game. 

I'm not arguing with your point tbh, just pointing out the reality of our situation unfortunately. Our "hardcore" support has lost about 6/700 fans over the last 15 years or so and it's because they'd rather just not turn up than voice their views at the games. 

I sometimes envy supports who will stand and protest against the club but we just don't have enough folk like that following our club. 

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Do you have the link? August 2018 lost 0-3? Tried to find it and can only find Falkirk TV version. I was one of the very many Falkirk fans giving Dobbie a standing ovation that day. It was simply because it was a pleasure to see someone who had genuine quality at that time, we were so starved of watching decent football. I remember him looking up at the main stand when he came off shocked to see the home fans clapping him when getting beat 3-0

This one. Seriously grim viewing, but given we’re in a decent place atm one I can almost laugh at 

29 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Mate, it was said in jest ... given I've been supporting Queens since 1971 I think I've a fair idea of what being a supporter is all about.

22 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Mate, it was said in jest ... given I've been supporting Queens since 1971 I think I've a fair idea of what being a supporter is all about.

My reply wasn't aimed at you personally, just a general observation.

33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

This one. Seriously grim viewing, but given we’re in a decent place atm one I can almost laugh at 

I'd argue it's more depressing for us. We'll never see a player of his quality in a QoS jersey ever again. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd argue it's more depressing for us. We'll never see a player of his quality in a QoS jersey ever again. 

Equally depressing is how in the space of just five years we've gone from being able to field a team with players of the calibre of not just Dobbie, but also the likes of Dykes, Harkins & Marshall (let's ignore the sand-dancer in goal for a minute) to what we have now.  Even then we only managed to finish next to bottom on goal difference ahead of that Falkirk side.  Naysmith, like Bartley today, made an arse of things with that squad by playing more and more negatively as the season progressed.  I think we managed to rack up more shots in that single game than we will probably manage between now and Easter.