Queens v Falkirk

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Really Rizzo, really ...?  No offence but I'm gonna need corroborating evidence from at least one other poster to confirm this ...

Will corroborate. Caught us on the break a good few times down your left side as if there was a hole in our right defence. Cannot fathom how you are 8th. Comfortably on par with montrose for best teams we have played outside Hamilton.

Watched on Falkirk TV - coverage first class. Much better from us - comfortably our best league performance of the season.

Apart from McLelland’s impetuous foul that he needlessly conceded (that led to Falkirk goal) we defended well and looked solid.

McIntyre was outstanding today and somehow failed to win the MOM. We had several really good attacks and could have scored more but invariably players picked wrong option when in great positions.

Need to build on that - we still seem to allow ourselves to be pushed back far too easily. We repeatedly had the ball in Falkirk’s half and two passes later it is back to Botterill. Overall though our shape was much better with a back 4 and we pressed the ball well when out of possession. We were well worth a point.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Queens battled like f**k. If I was one of their fans I would be raging at them, losing to the likes of Alloa and Stirling Albion and turning on a performance like that. The Broom/Bartley interview will be nauseating 

Indeed, the fight shown today has been sadly lacking far too often thugs season! We’re still far too negative though - I lost count of how many times we went from attacking positions back to the keeper!

Edited by Dougie Mills

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Falkirk will be happy Cove did them a favour because that's a really poor result for them. Pretty depressing that it's a fantastic one for us. Good to hear McIntyre did well, not been impressed with him so far. No surprise to hear McLelland gave away a needless foul though. If he spent less time casually swaggering around the park and more time concentrating on his job there's a player in there. 

Hopefully something to build on but I really won't hold my breath. 

Just back. Dont think we were really at it today. Correct call to move Yeats to RB and bring on Spencer at half time. Think we improved a bit but didnt really get a proper grip of the game at any point. Dont think the rest of the subs helped us 

Both team will be disappointed with the goal they conceded, fairly piss poor defending all round 

The longer the second half went on the more the match reflected the first game at TFS with Queens sitting deep and having some dangerous counter attacks. The ref bottling booking the Queens keeper for timewasting not once but twice was some laugh

I've only seen Queens in their two games against us but fucks know how theyve managed to lose to dross like Stirling, Kelty and Alloa. A decent side that play football on the deck, maybe missing a creative spark in the final third but certainly solid at the back (minus one dogey moment from the keeper where he got tackled by MacIver). 

We probably shaded it over the 90 but didnt really do enough to win it 

Still - another game undefeated, Morrison a week closer to returning and another point clear of Hamilton. All in all a good weekend's work 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I very much doubt it. He'll be a bit disappointed on our performance but happy with the point with Hamilton losing. 

He’ll be more than disappointed. He’s a complete and utter fanny of a man, and he probably thought today would be an easy win. He was proved wrong and I hope he’s miserable. 

It was a pretty enjoyable game, all things considered.

We lost a soft goal, then Falkirk missed an absolute sitter to make it 2.  We improved though and after scoring, were very much in it.  

In the second half, we again started slowly, but got involved later.  It might have gone either way, but a draw was probably about right.

I think that hooking Connelly was a mistake as most of our threats came through him.  Overall, much better though.